What do you think of these girl names?

I have been struggling with names I like since most of the ones I did like I can no longer use do to various reasons. However, there are some new ones that I have found and have been considering. I would like them to sound okay with the name [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] (older half-sister). I have six names and I would appreciate it if you could tell me what you think of them all and I would be happy to hear any suggestions or recommendations. Thank you!

[name_f]Adaline[/name_f] [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] ‘Laine’ [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] ‘Lillie’ Sophie/Penelope
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]! [name_f]Helena[/name_f] “Laine” is also great!!

1 Like

[name_f]Adaline[/name_f] [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] - lovely! sweet but with kick!

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]- a nice blend of soft and strong sounds, familiar but not over used

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] ‘Laine’ [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - this has grandeur but it feels approachable too. [name_f]Laine[/name_f] is lovely and I like it with Tesssa

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] - sleek, stylish and sharp!

[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] ‘Lillie’ Sophie/Penelope - [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is sweet but sophisticated

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] - both lovely names but too rhymey together. Would you consider [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], maybe?

Some recommendations/suggestions:

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ‘Edie’
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] ‘Gia’
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] ‘Emmy’ [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] is really pretty, and goes well with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] / Felicite but unfortunately cannot use it. Anything else to go with [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]? [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is sweet too!

1 Like

[name_f]Adaline[/name_f] [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] – AY-duh-line or ADD-uh-line? I like flow of this, though prefer the [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] spelling if going for ADD pronunciation.

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] – my favorite of your combos and goes great with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]!

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] ‘Laine’ [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] – I assume you’re using heh-LAY-nuh? Don’t love the flow with the repeating long ‘a’ sounds, but both names are nice! [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]?

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] – second favorite!

[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] ‘Lillie’ [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] / [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] – I prefer the simpler [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] spelling, but I suppose [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] makes sense if your set on [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] as the nickname. [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is my preferred combo, as [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is a bit long.

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] – I actually like the musicality of the flow here, even if it’s a bit unexpected. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] goes really well with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], too!

Suggestions:

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (Linnea?)
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] (Linnea?)
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruby[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] (Linnea?)
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Liana[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]

1 Like

These are sweet. I like your spelling of [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] best (though with a double K)

With [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f], I’d chose Sohpie as a middle because the L sounds in [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is a bit of a mouthful.

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] sounds like a song (positively)

1 Like

Would you consider using [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] as a first name with the nickname [name_f]Laine[/name_f]? I think it’s super sweet and I love [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] & [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] together

I feel like [name_f]Laine[/name_f] would work well as a nickname for [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] too considering it’s just a rearrangement of the letters

If you’re open to [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] as a first name some pairings from your name list could be
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Adaline[/name_f]

From your list I think the sister names I love most with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] are [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. I do like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] together but for me personally I prefer sibsets to be similar in size, and [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] seems like a much bigger name to me than [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is beautiful and gives me classic vibes. You could also pair [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] with
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Laine[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Adaline[/name_f] (same flow as [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] to me)

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] is very cute and has that bouncy alliteration which I don’t mind but the names seem maybe too similar to me. What about [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or even [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Laine[/name_f] if you want the LL?

I love [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] together (probably my fave of your combos). They flow so well with each other and the combo gives both classic and modern vibes to it. Other combos to go with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] could be
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Adaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]

Other combos you could try from your list could be

[name_f]Adaline[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Adaline[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Laine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Adaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

And not that you need any more suggestions from me but here are some other names you may like

[name_f]Adora[/name_f]
[name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_f]Audra[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Earla[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Laila[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
Poema
[name_f]Raina[/name_f]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Vienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Sorry this is so long. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] something in this helps!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and think that sounds the best with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. I would maybe switch up the middle because [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] isn’t quite flowing to me, maybe [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]? [name_f]Helena[/name_f] “Laine” (although I prefer the [name_m]Lane[/name_m] spelling) would be my second pick because I love [name_m]Lane[/name_m] as a nickname especially as a contrast to the super elegant [name_f]Helena[/name_f].

1 Like

As a middle or first?

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] ‘Vivi’
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] both seem like natural sisters to [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], and are beautiful names. I especially like the nickname [name_f]Lillie[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] are my favorites! [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] fits better with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].

1 Like

I like them all but my top two would have to be [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], such beautiful combos.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and your suggestions, I really appreciate it!

[name_f]Adaline[/name_f] is pronounced like ADD-uh-line. You are correct with [name_f]Helena[/name_f], and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] isn’t a bad suggestion either. I had the same concerns with [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], especially since last name is three syllables.

I really like a lot of your suggestions: [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] (don’t like the inevitable Bella), [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (Lucie) and [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have never really thought of using [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] as a first name, I always thought of it has an honour name for [name_f]Lynn[/name_f] and [name_f]Linda[/name_f]. I like your idea of [name_f]Laine[/name_f] for [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] though, something to think about. I like the suggestions of [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], if I go down that road.

From your list I think the sister names I love most with Tessa are Juliet, Lydia and Gemma. I do like Tessa and Lillie together but for me personally I prefer sibsets to be similar in size, and Lilliana seems like a much bigger name to me than Tessa

^ I agree with everything you said there. I do like so many longer names, but I prefer siblings to have a similar length. Thank you again for all the great suggestions using various combinations of names I like, I appreciate being able to see them from fresh eyes.

You have some great suggestions there, none that catch my eye enough though. [name_f]Della[/name_f] is pretty and [name_f]Luella[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] would be nice in the middle spots I think.

1 Like