What do you think of these names for our baby girl? Need help, open to suggestions.

We are still looking for a name for our baby girl due in [name]December[/name].

I would love some expert advice on some of our contenders:

[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

I think we have cut [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Lucille[/name] from the list for various reasons. Mostly due to the popularity of “[name]Lucy[/name]” ( I know of 5 little ones with this name) and my dh really does not like [name]Annabelle[/name].

The middle name is likely going to be a family name, and here are some options, though we are open to suggestions.

[name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
maybe [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I have loved the name [name]Daphne[/name] from the very beginning, but not sure I can use it knowing it is getting luke warm responses irl. [name]Violet[/name] is my dh’s favorite, but I worry about it being too close to [name]Charlotte[/name].
[name]Fiona[/name] is a name I love, but not sure it goes well with our sibset.

We are totally open to suggestions. My dh makes suggestions ranging from [name]Pamela[/name] to [name]Claire[/name] to [name]Tiffany[/name]. I just can’t come up with anything fresh and new.

Out last name is a three syllable Swedish name starting with a hard “Ch” and ending with “son”.
My other kiddos are [name]Andrew[/name] (12), [name]Emmett[/name] (9), [name]Henry[/name] (6), [name]Charlotte[/name] (3).

I appreciate all the advice I have recieved to far, and can’t believe how much we are struggling for a name for this little girl.

I really love your short list–particularly [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]! I think both are stunning. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] would get my vote. I think both are stunning with your children. I think I like [name]Violet[/name] better with your other children, though–[name]Daphne[/name] has a bit different of a vibe. I think [name]Violet[/name]'s just a bit more sweeter, but you couldn’t go wrong with either.

I’ve worried that [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are too similar, as well, but I know of a family who have both a [name]Charlotte[/name] and a [name]Violet[/name], and most people seem fine with it. I have both [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] on my top 10, too, so I guess it doesn’t bother me too much, either.

What about these?
[name]Carys[/name] (I think the nn [name]Cara[/name] is really cute for this)
[name]Arianne[/name] (incorporates the [name]Ann[/name] part of [name]Annabelle[/name], and I think it suits your children well… other [name]Ari[/name]- names could be [name]Ariana[/name], [name]Arielle[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name]/[name]Aurelie[/name], etc.)
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]

Good luck!

I love [name]Daphne[/name] and think it goes very well with your sibset. I like the combination of [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]. It’s gorgeous. I like your other names too. [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are both very pretty. My prefered fn/mn combinations for these names would be [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]. Good luck with your decision! I don’t think you can go wrong with any of these.

[name]Daphne[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Daphne[/name]!! [name]Love[/name] it! I like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name].

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] is GORGEOUS. Looooove. :slight_smile:

Your sibset is gorgeous!!! :slight_smile: I think [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] would be the best addition, but [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] is very cute and spunky too :slight_smile:

Another vote for [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] (or [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]) - I love [name]Daphne[/name] and think it works well with your sibset.

I dont know how well it flows but I like [name]Lilibet[/name] with [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Daphne[/name]

Thank you for the feedback…I really appreciate it.

[name]Isabelle[/name] was my great-grandmother’s name…so definitely a family name I would love to use. [name]Do[/name] you think it sounds too trendy, as it is so popular at the moment?

Does it matter if this baby has a 3 syllable middle name, and all the others have a 2 syllable middle name?

[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]

I also like the idea of using [name]Belle[/name] as part of a nickname…such as [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Belle[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Belle[/name].

Thank you:-)

ashdreamer~ thank you for all the suggestions. I am definitely going to think about some of these. I really like [name]Penelope[/name], but it was mused by my sister. [name]Alice[/name] is one that I have really liked over the years as well.

I really like all of your choices, but especially love [name]Daphne[/name]! I have a daughter named [name]Violet[/name] and it did feel too close to me when I thought of using [name]Charlotte[/name] for my second daughter. Good luck!

We have similar taste in names! My 2nd daughter is named Violet and Henry has always been my top boy pick. So I would chose Violet, but I do think it’s too close to Charlotte.

I like the idea of Daphne (it looks pretty on paper), but I just hate the idea of Daffy, which seems almost inevitable to me. I think it would come to mind for a lot of people, even if they didn’t say it.

Other names I really like with the siblings: Lily (or variation), Madeleine, Clara, Clementine, Hadley, Beatrice

I think [name]Isabelle[/name] is a perfect name it ticks all the boxes, and it would be perfect in the first name spot.

I prefer [name]Violet[/name] to [name]Daphne[/name] and the [name]Violet[/name]/[name]Charlotte[/name] thing is a little too close for siblings imo. I suggest [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name].

I like [name]Deirdre[/name] I say Deed ree not Deed rah.

Otherwise I think [name]Phoebe[/name] would fit in seamlessly (perfectly).
or
[name]Victoria[/name], Combo of [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]/[name]Cecile[/name]/[name]Cecily[/name]/[name]Celia[/name] are all lovely too
[name]Amelia[/name] has a soft feminine feel like [name]Daphne[/name] and it is a favourite of mine
I also think that [name]Lucinda[/name] would fit well if you still like [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Alicia[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]

rollo

Honestly I’m not a fan of [name]Daphne[/name]. I just don’t like the sound of it. I adore [name]Violet[/name], but I agree that it’s way too similar to [name]Charlotte[/name]. I personally think [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name] sounds perfect, but I think a three-syllable first name like [name]Fiona[/name] with your three-syllable last name is a bit too much. Here are my suggestions:

[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

I’d use [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] together (especially when you have an [name]Emmett[/name]…) but if it bothers you, that’s a sign it’s time to revisis other names, I think.

I really like [name]Daphne[/name] but likewise if you’re concerned about lukewarm responses…

[name]Fiona[/name] is lovely but it seems like you’re not committed to it? It does feel a little different from the sibs?

I don’t think it’s a problem at all to have a 2-syl ln, esp to honor family. But you know, [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name] are related, names, so you could do [name]Elise[/name] to honor them both?

[name]Charlotte[/name] is a French name, so were [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Lucille[/name] that you eliminated…what about:
[name]Sophie[/name] (I know, [name]Sophia[/name] is so popular, but there are fewer Sophies, and I love [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name])
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Rosemarie[/name]
[name]Margo/name (seems like this would also honor your Margaret?)
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]

What else…[name]Violet[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name] make me think somehow of
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name]

Anything sticking? Good luck!

They’re all great, as others have said. I wouldn’t worry about [name]Daphne[/name]. There will always be someone who doesn’t like this or that name. But there are plenty of people who do like [name]Daphne[/name]!

I don’t think it’s a problem that [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] have similar endings. I mean, you already have a [name]Charlotte[/name] and an [name]Emmett[/name], which have similar endings as well.

I’d be inclined to keep these as the final three, and then see which one she strikes you as when you finally meet her.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]. :slight_smile: Best wishes!