What do you think of these names?

Hey everyone!
My husband and I are due on [name]April[/name] 1! We’re very excited and have names all picked out (we won’t be able to find out the sex until next month). Here’s what we have so far:

Boy: [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Alan[/name] O___
Girl: [name]Margo[/name] Amogene [name]Flora[/name] O____

What do you think? My only concern is with how [name]Margo[/name] will sound with our last name. Last name is two syllables with a long “O” sound. Does that bother you at all?

Another question, not on names however. The two of us really do want to find out the sex, but we kind of want it to be a surprise for our family and friends. Did anyone else do that? It just feels a bit weird, and I honestly don’t know how long I could keep a secret like that!

Thanks for the help and advice!

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

[name]Ezra[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Alan[/name] O____: I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Ezra[/name]! I think it’s amazing! Some find it feminine, but I don’t. I love the flow of [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Alan[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Margo[/name] Amogene [name]Flora[/name] O____: I think that [name]Margo[/name] is very pretty, but I personally don’t think it works well with a last name beginning with a long O. I know of [name]Imogene[/name], but have never heard of Amogene. Is it a family name? I really love [name]Flora[/name]! :slight_smile:

Instead of [name]Margo[/name], what about [name]Margaret[/name] or [name]Marielle[/name]?

I haven’t had babies yet, but I know I won’t be able to keep the baby’s sex a secret from myself, let alone friends and family. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the ideas and advice!

All the middle names are from family. Amogene is my husband’s grandmother, and my mother’s name is [name]Florence[/name]. I love how gram spells her name (though she’s never really liked it and has always gone by her middle name, [name]Ruby[/name]!)

I know, the [name]Margo[/name]-O thing has always sounded kind of weird to me, but we both love it so much. Other girl names we’ve thought of are:

[name]Aria[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] Stodder (though both of us are involved with music/theatre/opera, and we don’t know if that might sound a bit silly)
[name]Audra[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Flora[/name]

The other name we love for a boy is [name]Atticus[/name], but we’re in love with [name]Ezra[/name] just a bit more!

You’re in muscial theatre! I used to be, and nearly majored in it before I changed my mind. I’m a huge Broadway freak! :slight_smile:

If the [name]Margo[/name] O ending doesn’t bother you, that’s the ONLY thing that matters!

I love the names [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Florence[/name]/[name]Flora[/name], and am jealous of your family tree. :slight_smile:

If you love [name]Margo[/name] Amogen [name]Flora[/name], I say go for it!

I also love [name]Margot[/name] (breaks up the visual of back-to-back O’s)…
[name]Margot[/name] Amogen [name]Flora[/name].

Either way, I think it’s lovely.

I’ve always been a huge [name]Ezra[/name] fan, too. :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] more than [name]Aria[/name], but I do think that [name]Aria[/name] is lovely.

[name]Do[/name] you have any favorite names from favorite musicals?

You’re in muscial theatre! I used to be, and nearly majored in it before I changed my mind. I’m a huge Broadway freak! :slight_smile:

If the [name]Margo[/name] O ending doesn’t bother you, that’s the ONLY thing that matters!

I love the names [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Florence[/name]/[name]Flora[/name], and am jealous of your family tree. :slight_smile:

If you love [name]Margo[/name] Amogen [name]Flora[/name], I say go for it!

I also love [name]Margot[/name] (breaks up the visual of back-to-back O’s)…
[name]Margot[/name] Amogen [name]Flora[/name].

Either way, I think it’s lovely.

I’ve always been a huge [name]Ezra[/name] fan, too. :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] more than [name]Aria[/name], but I do think that [name]Aria[/name] is lovely. I love To Kill a Mockingbird, so I’ve always been a fan of [name]Atticus[/name]. :slight_smile: (I love [name]Ezra[/name] more, too.)

[name]Do[/name] you have any favorite names from favorite musicals?

Thanks so much for the help! I honestly can’t think of any characters that I absolutely adore (at least their names!) I’m a big fan of [name]Aida[/name], but that’s so close to the others that I’ve chosen…

I really think we’re going to go with [name]Ezra[/name]/[name]Margo[/name]. We really like how they sound together (in case we end up having a boy and a girl down the road) - we like the unconventional “a” ending for a boy, and “o” for a girl. We live in [name]Maine[/name], and neither of these names have hit the area. But they’re still not out there in the least!

I’m still open to any ideas though!

[name]Love[/name] them both!

I love [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Margo[/name]! I think the phonetic spelling of [name]Margot[/name] would be good for clearing up pronunciation issues, especially when she’s younger. Depending how you pronounce Magro ([name]MAR[/name]-go or mar-GO) not much of a difference in itself but it will make a difference with your last name. I suggest [name]MAR[/name]-go to create the best flow with your last name. [name]Love[/name] all middles too!

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

I like them both :slight_smile:

i love them !

I love the names [name]Margo[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name]! I agree that the spelling [name]Margot[/name] might break up the O issue. But if it doesn’t bother you, then I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
I know an [name]Ezra[/name], he’s a very smart, down to earth funny guy!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the comments!!