What do you think of these names?

Tell me what you think of these names that I am considering for my baby girl.
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Jamie[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Allie[/name]
[name]Lexi[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]

Okay, I think I’ll just start off by saying I [name]LOVE[/name] almost all the names on your list! You have amazing taste:)

[name]Alice[/name] - [name]Adore[/name] [name]Alice[/name]! It’s such a sweet classic and prominent in literature too.

[name]Bella[/name] - Again, [name]Love[/name]! It’s so simple and classy and has the most wonderful meaning; ‘beautiful’.

[name]Charlotte[/name] - My name so I’m biased:) But I do love it.

[name]Elinor[/name] - Another favourite but I prefer it spelt [name]Eleanor[/name]. I love the songs about [name]Eleanor[/name]'s too.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] - Ultimate classic. You can’t go wrong with [name]Elizabeth[/name].

[name]Esme[/name] - Glamourous and quirky but not really a great love of mine, I must admit.

[name]Jane[/name] - Beautiful! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! All through literature and just such an elegant name.

[name]Katherine[/name] - Again, beautiful but I much prefer it spelt [name]Catherine[/name].

[name]Lydia[/name] - Darling and so underused. Pride and Prejudice really sold this one to me along with sister [name]Jane[/name].

[name]Margaret[/name] - Charming and wholesome with a great meaning and lots of sweet nns.

[name]Mary[/name] - [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Mary[/name]! Lot’s of people think it’s too plain and boring but I think it’s just the opposite. And, once again it features in literature.

[name]Jamie[/name] - I really like this name but prefer it spelt [name]Jaime[/name], still pronounced the same but it’s the French J’aime which means I love or I like that sells it to me.

[name]Veronica[/name] - I new favourite of mine, it has lots of character and vintage charm.

[name]Savannah[/name] - Hmmmm. Because I’m not American I don’t think of the state but I’d imagine a lot of people would. I think of The [name]Savannah[/name] in [name]Africa[/name]. Not really a fan of this one.

[name]Allie[/name] - Gorgeous nn for a range of names; [name]Alexandra[/name], [name]Alison[/name], [name]Alyssa[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Alexia[/name] etc. but not substantial enough on its’ own for me.

[name]Lexi[/name] - Again, a great nn for [name]Alexis[/name], [name]Alexa[/name] or [name]Alexandra[/name].

[name]Claire[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. Simple, elegant and friendly.

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Overall I think they’re beautiful choices!

[name]Alice[/name] - Used to think it being kind of bland but now think it’s timeless and pretty.

[name]Bella[/name] - Really popular right now as with all other [name]Belle[/name]/[name]Bella[/name] names. I prefer it as a nn though.

[name]Charlotte[/name] - Strong and feminine, the nn [name]Charlie[/name] is cute too.

[name]Elinor[/name] - Prefer [name]Eleanor[/name], cute nn [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Ella[/name] but still too popular for me

[name]Elizabeth[/name] - Never really been a fan. Although it’s classic I prefer [name]Eliza[/name] but the nn [name]Libby[/name] is one of my faves.

[name]Esme[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t really like, sounds too harsh [name]IMO[/name]

[name]Jane[/name] - A bit plain but cute

[name]Katherine[/name] - I almost always prefer ‘C’ to ‘K’ so I prefer [name]Catherine[/name] to [name]Katherine[/name].

[name]Lydia[/name] - One of my faves and my favourite from your list. It’s spunky, cute, feminine and timeless. Plus Lyddie is too cute!

[name]Margaret[/name] - Never liked but [name]Maggie[/name] is okay.

[name]Mary[/name] - I’m on the fence with this

[name]Jamie[/name] - Outdated. Used to like on a boy but once it went to the girls it just became 80’s/90’s trendy.

[name]Veronica[/name] - Only like the full name hate the nn, but [name]Vera[/name] is okay.

[name]Savannah[/name] - Feminine and cute, maybe a bit too trendy and popular?

[name]Allie[/name] - I love it on it’s own

[name]Lexi[/name] - Cute but prefer it as a nn

[name]Claire[/name] - Another classic name that never seems trendy to me.

[name]Alice[/name]: Gorgeous! This is one of my favorites.

[name]Bella[/name]: Too popular, especially with all the Isabellas out there. Plus it only reminds me of Twilight.

[name]Charlotte[/name]: I really like it.

[name]Elinor[/name]: I think it’s pretty, but I’m a little bored of it.

[name]Elizabeth[/name]: See [name]Elinor[/name]. Such a classic name, though.

[name]Esme[/name]: Again, I think of Twilight, but it’s a pretty name.

[name]Jane[/name]: I like it, but it’s just a tiny bit too plain for me.

[name]Katherine[/name]: Very classic… I prefer, personally, [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Katharine[/name].

[name]Lydia[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]!

[name]Margaret[/name]: Very pretty; I love the nickname [name]Greta[/name].

[name]Mary[/name]: Ick. Sorry, I’ve just never been fond of [name]Mary[/name].

[name]Jamie[/name]: To me, it’s a nickname.

[name]Veronica[/name]: Not one of my favorites…

[name]Savannah[/name]: I don’t like places/words as names, and it’s really trendy.

[name]Allie[/name]: I like it only as a nickname for [name]Alice[/name], [name]Alison[/name], [name]Alexandra[/name], etc.

[name]Lexi[/name]: This is the odd one out on you list… it’s dated, tryndee, and insubstantial.

[name]Claire[/name]: I love [name]Claire[/name]!

My favorites are [name]Alice[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Claire[/name], but most of them are lovely. You might also like these:

[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]

I love a lot of names on your list :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name] - cute, classic
[name]Bella[/name] - love
[name]Charlotte[/name] - really like
[name]Elinor[/name] - love [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - my name! love it, it’s a great name to have.
[name]Esme[/name] - very cute
[name]Jane[/name] - it is a classic, but I think it’s too short for a first name, unless you have a long (3+ syllable) last name.
[name]Katherine[/name] - I personally like [name]Catherine[/name] better, but still, pretty and a classic, love nn [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Katie[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] - not a huge fan
[name]Margaret[/name] - it’s okay, love nn [name]Maggie[/name] though, what about [name]Magdalene[/name]?
[name]Mary[/name] - cute and classic, but too short and boring for me
[name]Jamie[/name] - ugghhh, no, not my style at all, and it seems like a totally different style from all of the other names on your list too.
[name]Veronica[/name] - it’s okay
[name]Savannah[/name] - to trendy for me right now
[name]Allie[/name] - cute as a nn from [name]Alexandra[/name], which is lovely
[name]Lexi[/name] - again, cute as a nn for [name]Alexandra[/name], but not on it’s own
[name]Claire[/name] - again, a classic but it still seems to me a little short and boring for a first name. I love [name]Clara[/name] though, what do you think?

[name]Alice[/name] - gorgeous, I absolutely love it
[name]Bella[/name] - very nice, beautiful
[name]Charlotte[/name] - nice, not my favorite
[name]Elinor[/name] - I think it’s great
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - gorgeous
[name]Esme[/name] - glad this one is making comeback, lovely name
[name]Jane[/name] - I really like it
[name]Katherine[/name] - prefer [name]Catherine[/name], I don’t know why
[name]Lydia[/name] - gorgeous
[name]Margaret[/name] - one of my favorite names ever
[name]Mary[/name] - I love [name]Mary[/name] as a first name!
[name]Jamie[/name] - not a fan
[name]Veronica[/name] - ok
[name]Savannah[/name] - not a fan
[name]Allie[/name] - as a nickname - cute, not enough for a name, I think
[name]Lexi[/name] - nickname
[name]Claire[/name] - lovely

My favorites: [name]Alice[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Elinor[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] - I adore; a beautiful, accessable vintage classic.
[name]Bella[/name] - I love this one, but at the moment it is a little Twilight-y. I also think that it should be a nn for something (there is a very extensive thread on -belle names going, if you are interested).
[name]Charlotte[/name] - a pretty classic, and offers the versatile nn choices of both [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Lottie[/name].
[name]Elinor[/name] - I adore, and this spelling makes it looks so unusual.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - the classic name.
[name]Esme[/name] - stunning.
[name]Jane[/name] - unexpected and absolutely stuffed with literary connections, this is a brilliant choice. I would only say that it slightly limits what you could call another child - nothing very feminine, flamboyant, or anything other than ultra-traditional. I would also say that it would rule out [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Mary[/name], due to becoming Pride and Prejudice themed.
[name]Katherine[/name] - a nice name, spunky spelt with a K, and I adore the cute [name]Kitty[/name] nn.
[name]Lydia[/name] - very pretty and unusual.
[name]Margaret[/name] - I love the multiple nicknames, especially the sweet and vintage [name]Maggie[/name], but the name itself doesn’t entrance me personally.
[name]Mary[/name] - I love; simple, beautiful and unexpected.
[name]Jamie[/name] - this seems very out of place amongst your other choices! It feels a little dated to me, I am afraid.
[name]Veronica[/name] - unusual. I may be alone in this, but it has always reminded me of verucca …
[name]Savannah[/name] - very pretty and unusual.
[name]Allie[/name] - this is a good nn for any [name]Al[/name]- name (such as [name]Alice[/name]), but is ont substantial enough on its own, in my opinion.
[name]Lexi[/name] - this doesn’t work as a full name, in my opinion, and is slightly dated as a nn for [name]Alexandra[/name]/[name]Alexa[/name]/[name]Alexis[/name]. All I can think is ‘sexy [name]Lexi[/name]’.
[name]Claire[/name] - nice, but not as stunning as some of your other choices, in my opinion.

My vote would go to [name]Alice[/name], [name]Elinor[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Mary[/name] or [name]Savannah[/name].

Good luck!