What do you think of these names?

I’m wondering what your first impressions of these names are? [name_m]How[/name_m] would they behave in your mind, and how would they look, anything would be helpful!

Elaria
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f]
[name_u]Marie[/name_u]

Elaria is new to me! It’s sorta ethereal, sorta celestial. Definitely sound like a name that loves nature and springtime.
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] is a really common Turkish name. The moon connotation is one that really resonates with me- however, for whatever reason, I don’t know if I would use it myself.
[name_u]Marie[/name_u] is a classic. I’ve known some really wonderful, kind [name_f]Maries[/name_f]. It’s a comforting name but also filled with elegance and grace. I imagine a pianist :slight_smile:
All in all- I really like these names!

1 Like

Elaria - I’ve not heard this before but I like it! It feels very mythical and floaty to me, like it could be the name of a fairy or mythical creature in a book. I picture a girl who likes nature and music, with flowers in her hair. I’d pair it with a short middle, like Elaria [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or Elaria [name_f]Joy[/name_f].

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] - I’m not sure how you’re thinking of pronouncing this, but my instincts say “eye-lah”? If that’s the case I prefer the [name_f]Isla[/name_f] spelling, but I do like how this one looks too. It’s probably my least favourite name of the 3. It feels very celestial, the name of a dreamer. I’d pair it with a longer middle, such as [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

[name_u]Marie[/name_u] - [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is a classic name, just as easily worn by a little girl, a woman or an old lady. I think it is beautiful and elegant, and very classy. I picture [name_u]Marie[/name_u] as a girl who is fashionable and friendly. I think that the stress on the second syllable would make choosing a fitting middle a bit more difficult, but something like [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] or [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] could work.

1 Like

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] is one of my favorite names! I like both the isla and the ay-la pronunciation, and I love the meaning!

1 Like