What do you think of these nicknames?

Do you think these nicknames are too much of a reach?
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] - [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] - [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]

2 Likes

I think both work.

1 Like

Not too reachy! They both work, and I like them a lot :slight_smile:

Hi there.

I’ve never thought of [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Opal[/name_f], but that’s so quirky & interesting. I like it!

Victoria nn [name_f]Cora[/name_f] I guess technically makes sense, but it seems more of a stretch. The letters are all in the right order, but it just doesn’t look or sound quite right to me. I like the nn [name_f]Vivie[/name_f] for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f].

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

They feel like kind of a stretch to me, personally.

I like [name_f]Opal[/name_f] as a stand alone name and have it as a nn for only [name_f]Opaline[/name_f], which ironic enough is substitute for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] which is quite popular, I think it works I also think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] also works, though you would have to implement both given how it’s easy for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] to become [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] or [name_f]Tori[/name_f] very quick

I think because [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is such a distinct name of it’s own name, it doesn’t strike me as a nickname for anything.

Cora would be a different stretch to [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], but it could work. You’d have to really ‘enforce’ it at the beginning though, so it would stick. Other nicknames, like @princesspanda suggests, are very go-to for it.

1 Like

I can see [name_f]Opal[/name_f] for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] but [name_f]Cora[/name_f] for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is a bit of a stretch for me

Love them both. I would start using them early though so they stick x

I think [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is too much of a stretch, but I like [name_f]Cora[/name_f] for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]!

I can see [name_f]Opal[/name_f] for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], but I personally can’t find [name_f]Cora[/name_f] out of [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]