What do you think of these?

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Shauna[/name_f] and my partner is [name_u]Sean[/name_u]. Planning to hyphenate our kids’ last names (mine+his). We’re going to grad/medical school soon, so no kids for a bit, but collecting nice names in the mean time.

Which names sound most studious, classy, and lovely?

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ([name_f]Ellie[/name_f]) - is this too vintage-sounding compared to our names?
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] - is this classy in your opinion, or just pretty?

These names I like, but I’m worried that they sound too girlish or princess-y, what do you think?

[name_f]Ella[/name_f] or Ellie
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] ([name_f]Evie[/name_f])
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] ([name_f]Celia[/name_f])
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]

Names I like, but not sold on (too long? maybe a bit too common?)

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] ([name_f]Thea[/name_f])
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ([name_f]Nellie[/name_f])

And here’s some middle names I love:

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]

Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

1 Like

My favourites from your choices for the vibe you’re going for are [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]!

Clara is pretty, but very balletic to me, so maybe too frilly for you, and doesn’t scream studious.
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is delightful, but a little less classy.
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] fits the vibe, but is super popular - its vintageness isn’t an issue, though!
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] is very classy, and probably your best option.
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] is lovely, but so common it doesn’t have a clear vibe.
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is delightful, and fits what you’re going for very well.
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is very princessy, but I wouldn’t rule it out just for that.
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] is very classy and does sound studious, whether she turns out like that or not.
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f] is studious, and very cute, but not as solid as some of the others you have (better as a nn)
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is, as far as I’m concerned, perfect for you.
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is a tad bit dated, and doesn’t really sing your vibe.
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is lovely, but so common that, like [name_f]Ella[/name_f], it doesn’t have a clear vibe.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] fits what your going for quite well (and you get [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]), I just don’t love it personally.

I get very studious vibes from [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], and [name_f]Helena[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites (1 from each section!) are: [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ([name_f]Nellie[/name_f]), and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] (also love the nn [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]!)

I think any of these names are great! I wouldn’t worry about a name sounding too out of place with the parents’ names- I would only worry about a name sounding too similar.

I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] ([name_f]Celia[/name_f]), and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] ([name_f]Thea[/name_f]) are the most perfect for you. The others are nice but are more popular/frilly which you don’t seem to like.

For combos, how about…
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

Clara for most studious/lovely

Ella and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] are pretty princessy but not the others. [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is cute!

Theodora is lovely and not at all common (at least in the US, not sure where you’re located?). The others are more popular but still nice! Are you wanting something not so popular?

Josephine, [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] are great middle names and I feel like they go with almost anything!

My favorites from your list:
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] - this might be my favorite!
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

Clara, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] are wonderful

Clara [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Frida[/name_f] and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] would be stunning

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts-

Clara-This is a great balance of studious & down to earth sweetness. It’s old fashioned, but sounds fresh. It’s feminine, but not overly fussy. It’s simple, a little popular, but not way over done.

Astrid-I don’t know. I can’t get into this one. It sounds a little heavy to me. Maybe for a mn.

Eleanor ([name_f]Ellie[/name_f])-I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] so much! It’s vintage, but it’s actually used fairly often these days. So, it doesn’t sound dated or anything. I love it, because it’s a perfect mix of elegance, boldness, femininity & kind of sounds like an adventurer. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is a cute nn, but I really really love the nn [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]. Plus, that’s more unique.

Linnea-I don’t know. It’s okay. Not my personal cup of tea, but it’s not bad. It’s pretty & I guess classy? Maybe have some pronunciation issues.

Ella or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]-You’re probably better off w/Ellie as a nn. I think that [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is okay on its own, but still sort of prefer it as a nn too. I don’t think it’s too princess-y. To me it sounds more like a glamorous flapper girl.

Aurora-Well, yeah, this is a Disney princess. I don’t love it, but it’s fine. Kind of hard to say.

Evelina ([name_f]Evie[/name_f])-I don’t care much for this one. It’s a little prissy, but I mainly don’t like it because it’s close to [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]/Evie is soooo over done.

Cecilia ([name_f]Celia[/name_f])-I like just [name_f]Celia[/name_f] on its own. [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] is nice too, but I find [name_f]Celia[/name_f] sleeker. It’s very classy & studious, but sounds kind & cheerful.

Nellie-Yay, I love [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]! [name_m]Just[/name_m] more as a nn for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. Or possibly [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].

Theodora ([name_f]Thea[/name_f])-Sure, it’s long, but I like it. It’s strong & smart sounding. Feminine, but not princess-y. And [name_f]Thea[/name_f] is simple & sweet.

Susanna-This is really nice. Classic, but not super popular I don’t think? So many great nns for [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Sally[/name_f], [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

Charlotte-This one is way popular for sure. It’s nice, but over done so much that its lost its charm a bit.

Penelope ([name_f]Nellie[/name_f])-Perfect! I slightly prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but they’re both lovely. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is a little quirkier.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I actually really like [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] and would enjoy seeing it make a comeback.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are just gorgeous and definitely have the feel you’re going for. [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] is nice too, just not my style. The only issue with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is that it’s quite a bit more common than your other choices, especially with [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as the nickname. Have you thought about [name_f]Nell[/name_f] either on its own or as a nickname for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]? [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is quite a literary, classy choice to me.

Of your other names, I also like [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f], although I actually prefer [name_f]Thea[/name_f] on its own. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] are lovely too. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is also fantastic but extremely common and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is very pretty but I prefer the simpler [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. Or [name_f]Aveline[/name_f].

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]) would all make gorgeous combinations.

Other ideas:

Matilda
Clementine
Noa
Beatrix
Maeve
Luella
Willa
Liv
Maya
Freya
Marigold
Juno
Edie
Olive
Delphine
Eloise
Iris
June
Ophelia
Frances
Amelie
Flora
Celine
Elodie
Anouk

I adore [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]! They are so great!

Some of the other names you mentioned like [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] are all much more common today than the lovely [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. And since you also like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], maybe [name_f]Susette[/name_f]?

On your top list, I honestly love the whole list.
I’m not really sure what constitues classy since that’s such a subjective term, but I guess [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] gives me a more princessy vibe than the other names. But not as princessy as [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], or [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] strikes a nice balance and may be just what you’re looking for. You might also like [name_f]Leona[/name_f] and [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]/Leanora.

On the princessy list, I actually don’t find [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] to really give me that impression. I think for being a longer and “frilly” name it actually feels pretty buttoned-down. Like [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], I think it strikes a nice balance. [name_f]Celia[/name_f] might also be one to consider.

Love your middle name options!!!

Some possible combos
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]/ [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]/ [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]