What do you think of this name

[name]Carys[/name].

What do you think of this name? My boyfriend’s mom suggested [name]Carys[/name] to us, and I think I like it, but have absolutely no associations with the name. I’ve never known a [name]Carys[/name], but for some reason it sounds familiar to me. Maybe it’s familiar because there are lots of Car- names: [name]Cara[/name], [name]Carol[/name], [name]Charissa[/name], [name]Carrie[/name]…

What connotations/image do you think this name has? [name]Do[/name] you like it? Is it boring?

Which do you prefer: [name]Carys[/name] or [name]Freya[/name]?

PS we’re in the US.

I think [name]Carys[/name] is beautiful and I love the meaning. However, I love [name]Freya[/name] so so much, although I may be biased because it’s my name! I’m in the U.S too, never met another [name]Freya[/name], but get lots of compliments on my pretty name. :slight_smile: What about [name]Freya[/name] [name]Carys[/name] or [name]Carys[/name] [name]Freya[/name]? [name]Freya[/name] [name]Carys[/name] would translate to meaning noble love, which I adore.

I second the suggestion of [name]Freya[/name] [name]Carys[/name]! It sounds really nice and the meaning is great.

[name]Carys[/name] isn’t my favorite but I do like it. It reminds me of [name]Karen[/name]. I prefer the name [name]Caroline[/name] (my daughter’s mn, actually). I’m not usually a fan of names that end in ‘s’ but I like the sound of [name]Carys[/name].

[name]Freya[/name] is a pretty name. I love it but my boyfriend thinks it’s weird to give a child a name that’s from a culture that’s totally unrelated to us. He thinks it’s strictly a Scandinavian name. My family is Jewish (Polish/Russian), and bf’s family is Italian.

Out of curiosity, what is your cultural background? [name]Do[/name] you have any Scandinavian heritage? [name]Do[/name] you know what made your parents name you [name]Freya[/name]? Did they just like the name or did it have special meaning to them (like honoring a relative…)

I love love love the name [name]Carys[/name]!

I love [name]Carys[/name]. It is a beautiful name that feels familiar but isnt very popular. I think it could fit almost any girl actually. I’ve never known a [name]Carys[/name] either but I think the name feels common enough that most people will recognize it and like it. I prefer [name]Carys[/name] over [name]Freya[/name]. [name]Carys[/name] [name]Freya[/name] would be a nice combo though.