What do you think of this name?

What do you think of Stellula? Apparently it means “little star” in Latin. I first discovered it a couple of months ago and it immediately peaked my interest. It’s starry and mystical while still having that classic, whimsical, storybook vibe-well to me at least. Despite loving its meaning I’ve never really cared for the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and it’s popularity didn’t help, but I’m really loving Stellula. I love that it’s familiar because of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] while still being unusual and fresh. With names like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] being some of my all time favorite names, I almost immediately fell in love with Stellula.

The meaning “little star” IS adorable, but I am unfortunately not a fan. I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] OR [name_f]Lula[/name_f], and it just seems like both of those smooshed together to me. Sorry. It certainly is an intriguing name, though, and if I liked those names, I’m sure I’d really like Stellula! I do find it a bit hard to say, though–I keep wanting to say Stelluna instead–maybe it’s the "L"s in close proximity? [name_f]Talullah[/name_f] has a similar construct, though, and I haven’t had an issue with that. Maybe I just haven’t warmed up to it yet. :frowning:

I’ve never heard of Stellula, so I have to start by saying that if you absolutely love it, don’t let any of us talk you out of it. Personally, I think it’s too L-heavy, and not very appealing. It sounds like you couldn’t decide between [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or [name_f]Lula[/name_f] so you smooshed them together. I’d recommend [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] or [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] as alternatives because they don’t seem like smashed together names, though they’re not my preference either.

If I waited a minute or two I could have just quoted you and said “This.” Sorry to basically steal the exact thoughts you had! Your comment wasn’t there when I made mine :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies! I’ve never seen/thought of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] + [name_f]Lula[/name_f] when looking at Stellula until it was pointed out. Stellula doesn’t really strike me as a smush-name when I look at/say it, not that I have a problem with smush-names anyway, so that doesn’t really bother me. :slight_smile:

Despite the similar sounds I’m actually not a big fan of [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] or [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], well not enough to want to use them. What I like most about Stellula is its starry meaning and the whimsical, storybook vibe I get from it-not necessarily how it sounds. I of course do love how it sounds though! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

This reminds me of the book [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] which is a children book about a very darling bat

I’m not a fan, it reminds me of Talulah which I don’t like either!

Im not a fan of the way it sounds, and while I do love l’s theyre making it too heavy in this occasion
Have you considered [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f]?

I think it’s really cute,whims8cal, and totally usable

I dislike it, sorry. I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f], but Stellula reminds me of cellular and other non-name words instead.

Thanks for the replies!

I do really like [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f] but not more than Stellula or just [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. Thanks for the suggestion!

I definitely didn’t expect everyone to like the name but I didn’t expect it to get almost all negative replies either. This was just for fun of course, but if I ever do use the name I’ll just have to keep in mind that it really won’t be for everyone. :slight_smile: