What do you think of Torianne?

What do you think of Torianne (nn [name]Tori[/name]). There is some background story to this name. We want a T. name (because her initials will be after my father). The middle name would be a W name. I want [name]Anne[/name] either in her first name or her middle name (because we want to honor his mother). There are no W-anne names. I don’t want two middle names (I don’t think). So, any creative nameberries out there that can help us out?
Thanks,
[name]Kirby[/name]

Torianne is nice, I love that you want to honor your family. It does sound made up, but it’s not bad at all :slight_smile: I’m not a huge fan of two middle names, but if it’s the perfect two names, it has the potential to work. [name]Do[/name] you have any W names in mind yet? What kinds of names do you like?

I was thinking [name]Willow[/name]. Torianne [name]Willow[/name] (two syllable last name). I like [name]Wendell[/name] as well, but it doesn’t sound as pretty.

Torianne [name]Willow[/name] is pretty, much prettier that [name]Wendell[/name]. You could also go with [name]Willa[/name].

what about using her maiden name as a middle, so it would honor both father and mother.

[name]Kirby[/name] I am sorry but I really don’t like Torianne it sounds made up. However, if you want a T name and to incorporate [name]Anne[/name] then you could choose [name]Tanya[/name]. I think a lovely combo would be [name]Tanya[/name] [name]Willow[/name].

If you are in love with [name]Tori[/name] then I would go with [name]Victoria[/name] nn of [name]Tori[/name] and middle name of [name]Gwendolyn[/name] which has the W sound in it, combo of [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name].

regards,

rollo

I’m sorry to say I am not at all a fan of Torianne. It sounds corny to me (being brutally honest!) I think if you love it, you should go for it, but it sounds like you may be trying to fit a square peg in a round hole with all the namesake stipulations. I personally [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Willow[/name] and there are so many beautiful variations of [name]Anne[/name] you could pair it with: [name]Anabelle[/name], [name]Annika[/name], [name]Annette[/name]. If you’re feeling adventurous, you could go for the T and the W in the same name with something like [name]Twyla[/name]. I hope you can find a happy solution!

Thanks everybody for your opinions. I am not convinced that I don’t like the name, yet. I like [name]Tanya[/name], but it might be too much of a stretch to say it has an [name]Anne[/name]. I think I would just go with a different first name that starts with at T and forget about the whole [name]Anne[/name] thing. My dad passed away last year, I loved him very very much, but I didn’t like his name. He used his initials on many things (always using the W). That’s why I really like this T.W. idea.

RE [name]Tanya[/name], in [name]Russia[/name] the name [name]Tanya[/name] is the nn for the full name [name]Tatiana[/name] even though it is a stand alone name. The [name]Anya[/name] in [name]Tanya[/name] is the short form of [name]Anna[/name] in [name]Russia[/name] so the [name]Anne[/name] reference is still strong in this name.

rollo

I really don’t liek Torianne sorry. It looks made up, and even if you had it as [name]Tori[/name]-[name]Ann[/name] I still like it’s dated and just not that pretty. I also think that it sounds too much like ‘Taurian’ as in a [name]Taurus[/name].

I love the idea of [name]Tatiana[/name]. It’s a T name, with the AN sound in it. And as a NN you could even call her [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Anna[/name].

It might be a bit of a stretch … but could [name]Wynne[/name] work as a middle name for you? It as the same sort of sound as [name]Anne[/name] and also has the W there. You could explain to the [name]Anne[/name] as well, that it’s a sort of name smush to honour both them and your father - i’m sure they’d maybe even like that you were honouring them both, even if it was in the same name.

[name]Tatiana[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] I think looks adorable, but maybe has too much [name]Anne[/name] sound in there. [name]Tatiana[/name] [name]Willow[/name] is lovely though.