What Do You Think of Tuesday?

I am finding that the name Tuesday is growing on me. Am curious what others impressions are of it (Addams family and Wednesday aside)? Have you ever met or known a Tuesday? What middle names would pair well with it?

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of day names personally, but that’s just personal! With Tuesday I do think of the phrase see you next Tuesday but I’m old and i HIGHLY doubt people say that anymore!!! So it’s probably no big deal at all!

***Eta i realized this came off sort of negative and i don’t want to be that way :sweat_smile::heart:

3 Likes

I think it’s totally lovely! I’m a big fan. It’s peppy and spunky. So bright and so cool!

Middle ideas…
[name_f]Maud[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Fran[/name_u]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Sorcha[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

2 Likes

Its not quite my personal style as a first name but I do like it a lot as a middle and I like for other people as a first name.

1 Like

I really like it! It’s sweet, sunny, and spunky. I know a teenage Tuesday.
Tuesday Clare
Tuesday Tabitha
Tuesday Cordelia
Tuesday Elle
Tuesday Lark
Tuesday Fen
Tuesday Zelda
Tuesday Kate
Tuesday Ottilie
Tuesday Diana

1 Like

This was one of my favorites when I first got on Nameberry a million years ago! I knew an adult [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] growing up (friend’s mom) which helped validate it as a real name, though it’s definitely one of the “bravest” names that’s ever been on my list. Townspeople at home made a lot of comments about that [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]. I still think it’s a sweet name, just one that’s bound to have negative feedback.

1 Like

Its better than [name_f]Monday[/name_f] :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

OMG! :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3: See you next [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]! :flushed: Well, see, THIS is why we should always consult the forums!! :laughing: Good point! Thx u!

1 Like

No worries about the negativity, i appreciate the honesty.

1 Like

[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] has charm and a pleasing sound.

[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Elara[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Celine[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]

1 Like

I think of the song [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] by The Rolling Stones which has a sweet childhood association for me.

I think it’s a lovely name and super wearable and memorable.

Tutu is a pretty cute nickname

1 Like

I thought of the previously mentioned phrase too… as a GP I think it’s cute but yeah

1 Like

I love it, one of my faves x

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]!

I think [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] is bright, whimsical and fun. A really adorable day name that feels unexpected. I agree with @shorie i am also old so do think of the saying see you next [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] which isn’t the best :joy::woman_facepalming:t3: But I honestly don’t think it’s the end of the world. I think considering how many different names are used people won’t be surprised by [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] and I don’t think people will associate see you next [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] with a girl named [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]. I went to school with an Eliz@ [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] (her middle name was Tuesday) which is honestly such a cool name.

You’ve had lovely middle name suggestions so count any repeats as me being in agreement with the berries

[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

3 Likes

I think of Ruby Tuesday, Wednesday Addams and Thursday Next (protagonist of a silly book series). Would never have thought of ‘see you next Tuesday’ hahaha.

Generally prefer days/months etc in the middle (which I think is SO cool and much more wearable) but Tuesday as a first name gives me offbeat, slightly hippie, or like quirky academia vibes. I can see a Tuesday being a dreamy, creative, almost Luna Lovegood type or equally a preppy, independent, bookish girl. It also reminds me a bit of Tuppence which is rather posh.

2 Likes

Out of all of the day of the week names (which I dislike), [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] is my favorite! I would never ever even personally consider [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] as a name, but it’s cute!

1 Like

I like it as a middle name but would find it odd to call someone [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] tbh.

1 Like

I’m not sure how wearable it would be as a first, but I do quite like it as a middle.

1 Like

Personally I am not a fan of “day” names

1 Like

I am actually fond of day names, but I also feel like the baby should be born on the day to justify it? [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is my favorite day name but [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] is my second favorite.

The song [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] is a positive connection for me.

Also the old saying:

Monday’s child is fair of face,
Tuesday’s child is full of grace,
Wednesday’s child is full of woe,
Thursday’s child has far to go.
Friday’s child is loving and giving,
Saturday’s child works hard for a living,
And the child that is born on the [name_u]Sabbath[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u],
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

[name_f]My[/name_f] second daughter was born on [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f], as was I, and I feel like Tuesday’s child being full of grace is a very fitting prediction for us.

Middle name ideas:

[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

1 Like