What do you think of Verity?

[name]Hi[/name] there everybody! I’m not expecting a baby yet, just a longtime name nerd who has been filling notebooks with her favorite names and combinations ever since I was in elementary school :slight_smile: I have lurked at this site about two years now, but never gotten the nerve to sign up and post until now. I wanted to ask everyone’s opinion of my newly-discovered love: [name]Verity[/name].

I have always longed to be able to bestow a family name on my future child, but to be honest with you, there aren’t many impressive ones to be had in my family tree. I lost the only nana I ever knew earlier this year, and have especially wished that I could find some way to honor her without directly using her name, [name]Mary[/name]. I was brainstorming just a few days ago and had a brilliant thought. If I take some of the letters of [name]Mary[/name] and combine them with the name of the grandmother I never got to meet, [name]Venita[/name], I can get to [name]Verity[/name]. I have always thought it was a lovely name, but this connection just does it for me. I am head over heels in love.

Now, onto my point for posting here: I have never met a [name]Verity[/name], and not heard much feedback about her. So, what does everyone think? Please give me all the feedback you have, whether it’s positive or negative. What kind of a little girl do you picture? I can’t wait to hear it!

• [name]Whitney[/name]

P.S.:

Here are some middle name combinations I thought up :slight_smile: [name]Verity[/name] goes so amazingly with one-syllable, whimsical names, I think!

[name]Verity[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Blue[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Dream[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Jean[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Love[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

I think it’s a far stretch that makes little sense (no offense) because [name]Verity[/name] is a name with a completely separate meaning and sound from [name]Mary[/name] or [name]Venita[/name]. I would try to find another combo that has more in common because the only connection (imo) between [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Verity[/name] is that they are both nice names that you are fond of.

On a side note: I have a relative name [name]Venita[/name] and never imagined anyone else with the name before

I think [name]Verity[/name] is a pretty name, but I prefer it in the middle spot :slight_smile: I’m not a fan of virtue names, so I don’t like two virtue names together. [name]Jean[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] get my vote here!

I love [name]Verity[/name]! I think it’s so sweet. And I definitely see the connection for your grandmothers. :slight_smile: I think it would be a perfect way to honor them both (although I really like [name]Mary[/name] on its own as a MN).

I’m not a huge fan of your MNs, mainly because [name]Verity[/name] is already a virtue name, and then the majority of your MNs are noun-names. It’s just too much description, for me. I do like [name]Verity[/name] [name]Jane[/name], though! Very cute.

[name]Verity[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is on my long list–it has always seemed perfect to me. :slight_smile: [name]Feel[/name] free to take it if you want–I have a ginormous long list, and there’s probably about 30 names I would use before I would use [name]Verity[/name]. haha.

Good luck!

I love the name [name]Verity[/name]. It’s on my list of possible baby names I was thinking the other day that I was surprised it wasn’t more popular especially as it’s a virtue name.

Oh I love it! Plus that is such a lovely connection. It’s just gorgeous and ages so well. My favourite of your middle names are [name]Verity[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Verity[/name] [name]Love[/name] and [name]Verity[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. What about:

[name]Verity[/name] [name]Snow[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] Fliss
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Winn[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Kit[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Juno[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Mab[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Joy[/name]

I think [name]Verity[/name] is very pretty. No one uses the name Dew. I like the sound of [name]Verity[/name] Dew, just something to think about!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Verity[/name]! I can totally see myself using it in the mn slot, but not so sure for a fn.
I can picture the name on a sweet baby, a precocious and spunky + adventurous little girl, a teen [name]Ver[/name]/[name]Vera[/name]/[name]Rita[/name] (possible nns?), a confident young woman and a kind elderly grandmother- I think the name is elegant, lovely, meaningful with the history it’s had and also has the potential to be spunky yet feminine (I associate that description with other gorgeous names like [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]).
[name]Mary[/name] + [name]Venita[/name] = [name]Verity[/name] is a stretch but I think it works. If you love it, go for it! Combining [name]Verity[/name] with virtue mns like [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Love[/name] makes the whole name too “virtuous” [name]IMO[/name], but it does flow nicely together. My favorites from your list would have to be [name]Verity[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Verity[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Verity[/name]! I can totally see myself using it in the mn slot, but not so sure for a fn.
I can picture the name on a sweet baby, a precocious and spunky + adventurous little girl, a teen [name]Ver[/name]/[name]Vera[/name]/[name]Rita[/name] (possible nns?), a confident young woman and a kind elderly grandmother- I think the name is elegant, lovely, meaningful with the history it’s had and also has the potential to be spunky yet feminine (I associate that description with other gorgeous names like [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]).
[name]Mary[/name] + [name]Venita[/name] = [name]Verity[/name] is a stretch but I think it works. If you love it, go for it! Combining [name]Verity[/name] with virtue mns like [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Love[/name] makes the whole name too “virtuous” [name]IMO[/name], but it does flow nicely together. My favorites from your list would have to be [name]Verity[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Verity[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

Loooooove it!

I love this name! The name [name]Vera[/name] has a lot of personal meaning to me, not radically dissimilar to your thought process for [name]Verity[/name], and I’ve often gone back and forth between whether I like [name]Vera[/name] or [name]Verity[/name] nn’d [name]Vera[/name] more. [name]Just[/name] an added thought: your [name]Verity[/name] could be nn’d [name]Vera[/name] if you like it. As for the honoring stuff, I think if you see it and can tell it to your daughter that’s what matters most. I definitely hear [name]Mary[/name] in [name]Verity[/name] (I think in some parts of the country/world there may be different vowels for the ar/er and that may make it harder?), but since the M is missing I wonder if [name]Verity[/name] [name]Mae[/name] ([name]Verity[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]? [name]Verity[/name] [name]Mara[/name]? [name]Verity[/name] [name]Maria[/name]?) would be a good way to get a strong connection to [name]Mary[/name] even stronger. This is a beautiful name with a beautiful story for you. Good luck!

I love [name]Verity[/name]! My favorite combination is [name]Verity[/name] [name]Abigail[/name].

Oh my goodness, I love this name! It’s been on my list for years. I especially adore its soft, sweet, and innocent sound. I imagine a soft spoken, very kind girl when I hear the name [name]Verity[/name]. From your combinations, I like [name]Verity[/name] [name]Belle[/name], [name]Verity[/name] [name]Blue[/name], [name]Verity[/name] [name]Jade[/name], and [name]Verity[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. Since [name]Verity[/name] is a virtue name, I think it sounds a bit cheesy when paired with another virtue name like [name]Hope[/name] or [name]Grace[/name]. But by all means, yes to [name]Verity[/name]! :slight_smile: