What do you think of when you hear "Delphinia"?

This name has a few different potential associations, and I’m curious which one people tend to have (if any). I’m surrounded by people who I suspect would skew a certain way because of their academic interests, and without saying which way that is, I’d like to find out if that’s the norm because I don’t love their probable association.

So… what does “Delphinia” call to mind?

Edit: Also, if you’re familiar with the meaning because of your own research into names/being on this site, please mention that so I know the average person might not have the same thought! Thank you!!

Flowers

4 Likes

Dolphins, the name [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], and the Oracle of [name_f]Delphi[/name_f]

3 Likes

Delphinia is one of my favorite names :relaxed: I think of a girl standing along the edge a sailboat, turquoise waves below, dolphins in the distance.

Something maybe a bit like this

1 Like

dolphins & Belle Delphine

1 Like

I don’t know why but I think of nymphs from Greek mythology, a pretty cool thing to think about to me. Dolphins is also there but it’s not super crazy, if the name was [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] then it’d be more dolphins. Overall nymphs are what I think about!

1 Like

I think of Dolphin and the mythological [name_f]Delphi[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] thought process…Delphinia makes me think of Delphiniums.

Visual for reference.
I do spend a huge amount of time here on NB, but name meanings aren’t my forté :rofl: I have not searched [name_f]Delphinia[/name_f] before writing this and if it’s in the database then my guess is that it’s a variant of [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], meaning dolphin. I find that easy to remember because of the sound similarity!
4 Likes

Yikes, forgot [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] exists! I hope that isn’t a common association. Thanks for the input.

[name_f]Delphinium[/name_f] the flower was my initial association too. I’m curious if more people think of delphiniums or dolphins vs. [name_f]Delphi[/name_f] or a festival of [name_m]Apollo[/name_m], but I have a lot of friends who either are classicists or otherwise have training in that area, so I can’t easily ask around without getting some skewed answers! I much prefer the flower image and am not keen on the mythological ones.

1 Like

[name_f]Delphinium[/name_f] flowers!

1 Like

[name_f]Flower[/name_f]

1 Like

me too!

1 Like

I also think of the flowers!

1 Like

I think flowers

1 Like

I think of the flower because of the children’s book “Chrysanthemum.”

1 Like

With that said, my husband and I had this conversation last night actually and he thinks of [name_f]Delphi[/name_f]. But I think that would be the minority of people.

1 Like

Dolphins

1 Like

I think of flowers and also dolphins

1 Like

Dolphins (yay!) and flowers

1 Like