What do you think of when you hear this name?

[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

I just recently discovered this name thanks to you lovely nameberries, but I’m wondering what kind of name category does this generally fall under? And what does it make you think of?

Thanks!

I think [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is lovely…it’s [name_m]French[/name_m] & elegant, but not in the same way as [name_u]Simone[/name_u], if that makes any sense. Sweet rather than sleek.

[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is one of my favorite names! I think of a quiet place within nature, due to the flower association. It’s really gorgeous: Elegant but down-to-[name_f]Earth[/name_f], sweet, and wearable.

[name_m]French[/name_m] nature name? I love it! I especially love nickname [name_f]Delphie[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I always picture a really deep blue ocean (I think because [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] is close in spelling to “dolphin”). And then I think of Greek mythology (Oracle of [name_f]Delphi[/name_f]). Both very pretty or cool associations!

Elegant and sweet, somehow more down to earth than some of the other, more popular french names.