What do you think of when you hear...

the name [name]Hogan[/name]? It’s a family name and both my other boys have H names. Is it too similar to the vastly popular [name]Logan[/name]? Not sure if [name]Logan[/name] is popular everywhere, but it definitely is where I live… #1 in my state for 2009.

Thanks!!

I instantly think of the wrestler Hulk [name]Hogan[/name].

[name]Logan[/name] is at the top where I live, too. [name]Hogan[/name] is similar, yet different (I compare it to [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Ella[/name]). I just don’t know if I care for [name]Hogan[/name]…there is teasing potential for people to call him “Ho”, too (or Ho Ho Ho :wink: )

I live in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name] so the first images I think of are the TV show “[name]Hogan[/name]'s Heroes” or wrestler Hulk [name]Hogan[/name]. It does soound similar to [name]Logan[/name] and if [name]Logan[/name] is popular where you live, people may confuse the two names. But if it’s a family name, less positive images that others have should not sway you from choosing the name if it’s important to you. Other “H” name options are [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Hart[/name], [name]Harvey[/name], [name]Haydon[/name], [name]Heath[/name], [name]Holden[/name], [name]Homer[/name], [name]Hudson[/name] or [name]Hugh[/name]. Best wishes!

There was a little boy in my neighborhood growing up named [name]Hogan[/name]. He must be about 15 now. He’s the only [name]Hogan[/name] I’ve ever known. I thought it was a nice name, different but still natural sounding.

I like it and I like names that honor family. As far as the ‘Ho’ portion having the potential to be made fun of, things like that happen with virtually any name, so I personally wouldn’t worry about it if you love it.

I think of “[name]Hogan[/name]'s Heros”, but, that’s not a bad thing.

I think of Hulk [name]Hogan[/name], or Hoagies (like the sandwich).

Thanks for the honest feedback, everyone!
I’m due in a month and really struggling this time. Married to [name]Hayden[/name], ds #1 is [name]Henry[/name] and ds#2 is [name]Hudson[/name]. I do like some non-H names as well, but I feel like we started something with all these H’s and #3 might feel left out. What about:

[name]Hugo[/name] ([name]Hugh[/name])
[name]Huxley[/name]
Hawkin
[name]Hartigan[/name]
[name]Harbor[/name]

ps Front runners for the non-H names are [name]Linus[/name], [name]Charlie[/name], [name]George[/name] and [name]Scotland[/name] (my dad’s name)

What do you think? :slight_smile:

If the brothes are father both start with “h” I would stick with that.
I like [name]Heath[/name] and [name]Holden[/name].

I think of cafeteria food. Sounds like Hoagie, which makes me think of [name]Adam[/name] Sandler’s Lunch Lady [name]Land[/name].

I don’t think most people would get that association, though.

I love love [name]Hugo[/name]! I live in the UK but I also associate [name]Hogan[/name] with Hulk [name]Hogan[/name].

[name]Henry[/name], [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] - lovely :slight_smile:

[name]Both[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] would both start with “Hu” but they have different beginning sounds so I don’t think it really matters. If it does bother you though, I really love a previous poster’s suggestion of [name]Holden[/name].

Other favourite H names of mine:

[name]Harlan[/name]
[name]Harland[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name] (although bear in mind I’m in the UK where this is a top 50 name, I know it’s considered old fashioned in the US!)
[name]Howell[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Hans[/name]
[name]Harbor[/name]
[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]
[name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Hermes[/name]
[name]Hewett[/name] ([name]Hugo[/name] alternative)
[name]Holt[/name]
[name]Homer[/name]
[name]Hooper[/name]
[name]Horton[/name]
[name]Hoyt[/name]
[name]Hume[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Hurley[/name]

I don’t think it’s vital that you have another H name, but if this is possibly your last child then I think it would be nice to include him in the theme his dad and brothers have. If you think you’ll probably have more children then I don’t think it’s as important. You could always give him a H middle name?

My aunty has 4 sons. Her husband’s name began with J, and her first two sons both had J first names. Her 3rd son had a J first name but when he was a couple of weeks old she changed her mind about the name and decided to call him by his middle name [name]Samuel[/name] ([name]Sam[/name]). So then when she had her fourth son she gave him a name beginning with H and a middle beginning with J, so each boy now has a J name, but only two go by theirs and it’s not a big deal! At the end of the day you have to pick a name you love!

My top choices would be:

[name]Henry[/name], [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Holden[/name]
[name]Henry[/name], [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Harlan[/name]
[name]Henry[/name], [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Henry[/name], [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Henry[/name], [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Howell[/name]

Best of luck!

I think of Hoagie. Honestly, I don’t think it’s a good choice at all. Prone to teasing. Other H names (sorry if some are repeated):

[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Huxley[/name]
[name]Harbor[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]/[name]Heathcliff[/name]
[name]Hartley[/name]
[name]Howard[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Hammond[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]

Good luck!

Ok, you’ve got an “HA” with [name]Hayden[/name], an “HE” with [name]Henry[/name] and an “HU” with [name]Hudson[/name] so you may wish to choose an “[name]HI[/name]”, “HO” or “[name]HY[/name]” beginning.
[name]HI[/name] - [name]Hilliard[/name], [name]Hiram[/name], [name]Hitchcock[/name], Higgins
HO - [name]Holden[/name], [name]Homer[/name], [name]Hobart[/name], [name]Holt[/name], Holbrook, [name]Horton[/name], [name]Houghton[/name], [name]Houston[/name], [name]Howell[/name], [name]Hobbes[/name], Hockney, [name]Hodge[/name], [name]Holland[/name], [name]Holmes[/name], Hopkins, Howland
[name]HY[/name] - [name]Hyatt[/name], [name]Hyde[/name]

I too think of Hulk [name]Hogan[/name], but I wouldn’t necessarily discount it because of that - your friends and family might think that too hen they first hear it, but then they’ll come
to associate it with your son. Whatever way you go, I do think you should stick w an H name. Good luck!

Hulk [name]Hogan[/name]. That’s my first and strongest association.

I don’t immediately make the Hulk, or [name]Hogan[/name]'s [name]Hero[/name]'s, or hoagie connection at all, but I see how others do. Being that it’s a family name, I’d go with it if you like it. I totally see a little guy named [name]Hogan[/name]. Your other option of [name]Hugo[/name] is also great, I really like it.
For non H names, I like [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]George[/name].

Hulk [name]Hogan[/name].

What letter does your name begin with? Could that be an alternative letter or would a boy still be left out sharing initials with Mom when his brothers shared theirs with Dad?

[name]Hugo[/name]! I love this name, and it would go well with your boys’ names!

[name]Hogan[/name] is my favorite on your list. I have a cousin named [name]Hogan[/name] (after golfer [name]Ben[/name] [name]Hogan[/name]); super cute, athletic, quiet boy!
I also had the same question as danielle8933: what about this baby sharing an initial with you? That seems like it may be the perfect solution.