What do you think of

What do you think of braelynn

I’m not a fan personally, I don’t love the bray sound

1 Like

It sounds a lot like braille to me- the language for the blind. Not necessarily bad, just the first thing that came to mind. I prefer other Br- names like [name_f]Brielle[/name_f], [name_f]Briallen[/name_f], [name_u]Briar[/name_u], [name_f]Bryony[/name_f] etc

2 Likes

I’m personally not a big fan of most Br- names, but otherwise I think it’s sweet. Maybe you would like [name_f]Raelynn[/name_f]?

1 Like

^I struggle with this sound too. I like @tallemaja’s suggestions of possible alternatives! [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] is a bit different style-wise but also has that “Br-” beginning. Also [name_u]Bryn/name_u, [name_f]Bria[/name_f], [name_f]Brianna[/name_f], [name_f]Bridie[/name_f].

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of it nor any name with bra-. Sorry!

I’m not a big fan - it feels a bit awkward

1 Like

It’s not my favourite, but it’s not a horrible name. It fits in well with the trendy 2010s style names (think [name_f]Kinslee[/name_f], Mckenley, [name_f]Tenley[/name_f]), which don’t seem to be too popular on Nameberry (nothing wrong with this style, BTW), which is likely why this name isn’t getting too much positive feedback.

3 Likes

It sounds too made up to me. What about [name_f]Brienne[/name_f] or [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]?

1 Like

Not my style as I typically prefer more classic names, however it’s cute! The combination of the spelling of brae and then lynn clashes a little bit in my own personal opinion (if that makes sense?). I personally would experiment with the spelling a bit– [name_u]Braylin[/name_u], [name_f]Braelin[/name_f], Brailynn, [name_f]Braelinn[/name_f]… etc. But taste is subjective so don’t let this discourage you if you absolutely love the name [name_f]Braelynn[/name_f]! Some other names I recommend are:
[name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f] or [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Brinley[/name_u]
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Annaleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

1 Like

Not a fan. “[name_u]Bray[/name_u]” is just an animal noise to me so it’s just not an attractive-sounding name in my opinion.

2 Likes

It’s not really my style but there’s nothing wrong with it. If you like it, that’s great!

I like it, I prefer this spelling over [name_u]Braelyn[/name_u]. The nicknames [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] are lovely for [name_f]Braelynn[/name_f] imo.

1 Like

Personally this name isn’t my favourite but does fit in well with the surname trend and if you love it go for it

Don’t have to be sorry I asked I’m open to more recommended on the name that is why I asked on the name but yes I do agree with you all on the name

I don’t like the [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] part.