what do you think?

We are thinking of calling our little girl [name]Bronte[/name].
My partner and I finally found a name that we both agree on! In fact, he loves it and it is growing on me. We were looking for unusual name but not over the top and something that is not too difficult to spell and pronounce. Please let us know what you think. Thank you all very much!

That’s so cute! I love it. Maybe because I think the reference to [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] (this is what you were going for, right) is charming. Anyone who is well-read (or who at least attended English class during high school) will know how to pronounce it. Especially if it goes with the middle and last names, I say go for it!

I’d definitely use the accent, because without it, I’m pretty sure that it will be mispronounced by people unfamiliar with the [name]Bronte[/name] sisters. (I can already hear her being called Brawnt.) I do think it’s pretty, though. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I personally prefer [name]Briony[/name], but [name]Bronte[/name] is lovely, and ticks all of your boxes. I love the nod to [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Emily[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] as well, as [name]Emily[/name] [name]Bronte[/name] is one of my favourite writers :slight_smile:

Thanks very much! We have decided to go for it as we really like it and think it is different but not ott. I know it is not everyone’s taste and we are going for very traditional middle name that she can use if she hates her first name. Thanks again for all your help!