What do you think?

Our baby is due is 6 weeks. We don’t know the gender so are looking at name choices for both boys and girls.

[name]Just[/name] wondering what you think of the combinations we’ve come up with.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]

([name]Scarlett[/name] has been a favourite of mine since forever and [name]Eliza[/name] is after my great-grandmother)

or

[name]Jago[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]

([name]Jago[/name] ( pro: Jaygo) is the Cornish version of [name]James[/name], which was my partners Father’s name, however, [name]James[/name] has been used too often in the family so we wanted to honour him but in a more original way. [name]Gabriel[/name] is just a favourite.)

What do you think?

If your name is [name]Tallulah[/name] I think that [name]Scarlett[/name] is a stunning match with yours. If you add [name]Jane[/name] to the mix, [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] you get a really good flow otherwise it seems to stop abruptly.

I have never heard of anyone named [name]Jago[/name] and while I love the idea of honouring your grandfather this way [name]Jago[/name] cannot compete with the beautiful [name]James[/name]. Other [name]James[/name] derivatives that I am more familiar with and like more are [name]Hamish[/name], [name]Seamus[/name] and [name]Jacob[/name].

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is just beautiful, but I’m not so sure about the flow of [name]Jago[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] …

[name]How[/name] about (keeping [name]Jago[/name], although I love the idea of [name]Seamus[/name]) :
[name]Jago[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Jago[/name] Remiel
[name]Jago[/name] [name]Uriel[/name]
[name]Jago[/name] Zerachiel (these are all archangels, like [name]Gabriel[/name]).

Good luck!

I think [name]Jago[/name] is distinct and lovely - and still manages to keep the family connection. Another version is [name]Iago[/name], which changes the flow a little (3 syllables to [name]Jago[/name]'s 2). I think if [name]Ophelia[/name] can outgrow the [name]Shakespeare[/name] reference then so can [name]Iago[/name] ;p

I really like [name]Jago[/name] :slight_smile: I prefer [name]Scarlett[/name] in the middle spot but nice combo :slight_smile:

Your girl name is wonderful. To me [name]Jago[/name] sounds like “[name]Jay[/name] go” and trying a little to hard to be different. I love seamus as an alternative to james. [name]Gabriel[/name] is a very nice name and it goes well with scarlette. If u named him [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Jago[/name] I think it would look better. Good luck.

[name]Hi[/name] there!

I love the flow of [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], and think that both names are gorgeous.

With [name]Jago[/name], I’d personally be concerned about pronunciation issues (depending on where you live, of course), and while I love [name]Gabriel[/name], I think it’s too G heavy with [name]Jago[/name]. I do think that [name]Jago[/name] is handsome, though! If you do go with [name]James[/name], you could always give him a nickname such as [name]Jas[/name] or [name]Jay[/name]. Perhaps [name]Jameson[/name] could be an option for you, too…

[name]Jago[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Jago[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] (Whoops! I just saw that Twinkle already suggested this…I [name]LOVE[/name] it!)
[name]Jago[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile: