What do you think?

Hey! :smiley: Your opinions and thoughts on [name]Theodora[/name]? I love [name]Theodore[/name] as well, just so you know. (: What about with the nickname [name]Thea[/name] or [name]Dora[/name]? I think of [name]Dora[/name] the [name]Explorer[/name], but I”m not sure on my thoughts on the name itself. The meaning is ”Gift of God”, I believe. It also tends to remind me of a character ” [name]Theodora[/name] ”[name]Dora[/name]” ” in [name]Anne[/name] [name]Rice[/name]”s Memnoch the Devil, one of her books in the Vampire Chronicles.
You? Thanks!

Hmmmmm… I like [name]Theodore[/name] more than [name]Theodora[/name] but they are both very solid, attractive names.

For [name]Theodore[/name] I love the nn [name]Teddy[/name] and for [name]Theodora[/name] I prefer the nn [name]Dora[/name] as I’m not really a fan of [name]Thea[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Dorothea[/name]? It’s quite similar to [name]Theodore[/name] but prettier, in my opinion. Then you could have [name]Dora[/name], [name]Thea[/name] or [name]Dottie[/name].

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Thank you. (: Yes, I like [name]Theodore[/name] better too. However, [name]Dorothea[/name] looks very pretty; I”m not sure I”m saying it properly, despite that. It almost seems a bit heavy on the ”O”s but other than that I do find it appealing. Then again, [name]Theodora[/name]”s got the same amount of ”O”s in it as [name]Dorothea[/name] ” it must be merely the closeness in [name]Dorothea[/name]. It”s not so much the nicknames, anyhow.

I like [name]Theodora[/name]. I think [name]Teddy[/name] might be cute on a girl. [name]Thea[/name] might be an ok nickname (I don’t like it that much personally), or [name]Dora[/name]. Is [name]Dory[/name] a nickname? I never hear of it. I also like [name]Theda[/name]. I don’t like [name]Dorothea[/name] as much. [name]Dottie[/name] is ok, I still don’t like [name]Thea[/name], but you can use it. You can also use [name]Dora[/name] or [name]Dory[/name], but not [name]Theda[/name]. I like [name]Doris[/name] so much, but [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] just don’t hit me right, while [name]Theodora[/name] is so striking. It’s never been massively popular, so it doesn’t seem like a revival of an old-fashioned name in the trends of today, not that I dislike that trend, but not really loving some of the names that come with it. [name]Theodora[/name] has all the same parts in switched order and yet recalls a totally different flavor - like an [name]Alexandra[/name], just not as popular - it maintains a high-standing sound to it, and not flirting with trends and revivals. Whatever seems more appealing to you, they’re both ok, they just seem like two different ways to go.

[name]Theodora[/name] is definitely growing on me! I like [name]Thea[/name] as a nickname.

I love the name [name]Theodore[/name], and think that [name]Theodora[/name] is such a beautiful name! I love the [name]Thea[/name] nickname, too. :slight_smile:

Good luck, Spider! :slight_smile:

[name]Theodore[/name] is my sons name, we call him [name]Theo[/name] most of the time, and when he’s especially sweet we go for [name]Teddy[/name]. [name]Theodora[/name] is beautiful, [name]Thea[/name] is very sweet vintage bohemian sort of thing, I’ve seen way too much [name]Dora[/name] lately so I won’t go there :wink:

I’m warming up to [name]Theodora[/name]. I also like [name]Dorothy[/name]! [name]Dory[/name]'s an alright nickname, but my first thought has to be [name]Dory[/name] from ‘Finding [name]Nemo[/name]’. xD Not much more to write… it’s late, so forgive any mistakes. (:

[name]How[/name] about [name]Isadora[/name]?

I love [name]Theodora[/name]. I love [name]Theodosia[/name] even more.

hi (:
well my name is theodora, i was named after my grandfather theodoros.
Well, i love the name theodora, i used to hate it, coz everytime i used to tell someone that my name is theodora, they used to think it was a beautiful name, but i got the name [name]THEO[/name].
people call me dora, just dora. i get called dora the explorer.
hahahaha. and theo, and theodory, and dory, and dorothy.
alot of nicknames. but on my roll its just dora. dora sounds kinda spanish because of dora the explorer. i like the name dora… but theodora is a stunning name.
we call my cousin & grandfather theo. i dont like the name teddy, but we do call them [name]LOLI[/name]. its sounds wierd, but when you say it, it is cute. only greeks can use this nickname, coz other people wont understand it, its theothori in greek (theodore/doros) so thori is loli. or lola on a girl, but that sounds wierd. in school, people will call the guy theo, and the girl dora. dora is a good nickname for theodora. dont go anything else. and btw. theres not alot of people called dora. im the only one in my school, and the only other one i know called dora is a frend, which is also short for theodora. oh and one more other person whos name was dora but it wasnt short for anything.
[name]HOPE[/name] I HELPED.