What do you think?

I work at a children’s museum, so I hear a pretty wide range of names nearly everyday. I heard a few today and I wanted to see what you all thought of them, a set of sisters in particular.

[name]Jakayla[/name]
[name]Caden[/name] & [name]Cade[/name]
Mirage
Biscuit (I’m really hoping this was a nickname, but I was around her for quite a while and everyone in the group called her that)
[name]Aiden[/name] & [name]Kyle[/name] (This is the one I’m most interested in opinions of. This was a set of sisters!)

So, opinions? I’ll keep adding any more interesting or unusual names and sets I come across!

I’ve heard of [name]Jakayla[/name] before, not my favorite though…
[name]Caden[/name] and [name]Cade[/name] for siblings?! On an unrelated note, I met a [name]Caden[/name] yesterday…lol
I actually kinda like Mirage, in a guilty-pleasure way. Lol.
Can we pray that that poor child’s name is not actually Biscuit?
I can maybe see [name]Kyle[/name] working on a girl…but definitely not [name]Aiden[/name]! Poor kids!

[name]Jakayla[/name]…it’s awful imho. We have a Nikayla at the daycare.
[name]Caden[/name] and [name]Cade[/name] is far too close. I don’t like [name]Caden[/name], I like [name]Cade[/name] fine.
Mirage…I like it, but not for a first name. As a nickname or middle even is workable.
Biscuit…I have no words. I did meet a girl named Twinkie at a coffee shop once. It was on her name tag.
[name]Aiden[/name] and [name]Kyle[/name]. I vehemently dislike. [name]Kyle[/name] on a girl is workable, I prefer [name]Kylie[/name] or [name]Kyla[/name], but [name]Aiden[/name]? That’s totally boy, and I would assume she was a boy on a class list. Ugh. It’s so overly common too. Not even like it’s a lesser used one like [name]Aubrey[/name] or [name]Courtney[/name].

Biscuit is my fave from that list, lol.

Haha, Biscuit does have a ring to it!

Here are some more from today, some good, some not so much, in my opinion…

Girls:
[name]Spirit[/name]
Jyasia
Heav’n
Ja’naya
G’kayla (a whole new spin on [name]Jakayla[/name])
Breiona
Ayhanna
Aruelle (not even sure how I would pronounce this, but it was on one of the little one’s name tags today…?)

Boys:
Georgian
[name]Juelz[/name]
Albott
Za’marion

Later in the day I saw siblings:

• [name]Patricia[/name] (whom the whole group besides the mom called “[name]Honey[/name]”), [name]Sarah[/name], Joshie (I’m assuming [name]Joshua[/name]), and [name]Lizzie[/name] ([name]Elizabeth[/name], perhaps?)
  • EJ (a junior, maybe?), [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Ethan[/name]
    -[name]Jaylen[/name], [name]Alaysia[/name]

Funny tidbit as well, there were two boys at one exhibit, unrelated, didn’t know one another. [name]One[/name] was the above [name]Elijah[/name]. The other was [name]Eli[/name]. I found it amusing.

Some new ones, all boys:

[name]Lennox[/name]
Zurich
Solace
[name]Coleman[/name]

[name]Jakayla[/name] - Too trendy and smushy sounding.
[name]Caden[/name] & [name]Cade[/name] - [name]WAY[/name] to similar. Awful names too.
Mirage - Quite sweet, actually! I like it. Reminds me a bit of the French word ‘Menage’ though.
Biscuit - I doubt this was anything but a nn. It’s pretty cool.
[name]Aiden[/name] & [name]Kyle[/name] - I don’t like either of these for girls, or boys, for that matter.

[name]Spirit[/name] - Could be worse, but to me it’s a horse’s name.
Jyasia - [name]Jay[/name]-sha?
Heav’n - WANT.TO.PULL.MY.HAIR.OUT
Ja’naya - Urhg.
G’kayla - You’re serious?!
Breiona - Meh.
Ayhanna - I quite like the sound, hate the spelling.
Aruelle - Interesting. I’m guessing [name]AIR[/name]-roo-well?
Georgian - [name]Love[/name] this. So much cooler than [name]George[/name].
[name]Juelz[/name] - Not a fan.
Albott - Quite like this. A bit too surname-y, but I like it.
Za’marion - Lets be serious - anything with an apostrophe can’t be good.

• [name]Patricia[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], Joshie, and [name]Lizzie[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lizzie[/name], as a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name] especially. [name]Don[/name]'t know why, because it seems to ‘plain’ but I adore it. [name]Patricia[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] are underused, so they’re nice to see. Not a fan of Joshie/[name]Joshua[/name].
  • EJ, [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Ethan[/name] - [name]Ethan[/name] is too trendy. I like [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]. EJ is alright.
  • [name]Jaylen[/name] and [name]Alaysia[/name] - shudders

[name]Lennox[/name] - Like.
Zurich - In the UK it’s an insurance company, so that sprang to mind.
Solace - [name]LOVE[/name]. It’s lovely.
[name]Coleman[/name] - Makes me think ‘[name]Coal[/name] [name]Man[/name]’ (or maybe that’s just me. I live in an area with lots of ex-mining towns!)

[name]Jakayla[/name]- What? Not my style.
[name]Caden[/name] & [name]Cade[/name]- [name]Love[/name] [name]Caden[/name] and [name]Cade[/name]. Not spelled this way, but still a lovely name.
Mirage- Not my style
Biscuit- probably a nn
[name]Aiden[/name] & [name]Kyle[/name]- I love [name]Kyle[/name] for a girl! Never heard [name]Aiden[/name] on a girl. Maybe it’s just too new for me, but I’m not a fan.

[name_f]Jakayla[/name_f]- Not trying to be rude or arrogant or anything but it seems Ghetto to me. I think its cute & original…nothing I would use but still cute

[name_m]Caden[/name_m] & [name_u]Cade[/name_u]: I like but [name_m]Kaden[/name_m] and [name_u]Kade[/name_u] seem better.

Mirage: Uhm really? I know my names aren’t all up to everyones taste but this name is just out there to me

Biscuit It has to be a nn…unless the mom just had no other options and wanted a biscuit when she was in labor?

[name_u]Aiden[/name_u] & [name_u]Kyle[/name_u]: I’ve known a girl [name_u]Kyle[/name_u]. I personally think names don’t have a gender its just up to the parents…like [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] or [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], most people think girl but I think boy. It’s just your perspective. I think this is adorable

I have met an adult Miraj. (pronounced the same as Mirage) He was born in [name_f]India[/name_f]. Miraj is a name of arabic origin meaning “ascent”