What do you think?

I used to be in love with the name [name]Jemima[/name], and the combo [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Carys[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] / [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Carys[/name]. However, after some deep thinking I’ve realised that a name like [name]Jemima[/name] would always get shortened and here in the UK (I’m sure if it’s the same anywhere else) people always shorten names regardless so any names I choose would need to have a nickname that I like. Unfortunately, the only nickname I can forsee a [name]Jemima[/name] receiving is [name]Jem[/name] (similar to [name]Gemma[/name] ‘[name]Gem[/name]’) and that is really unappealing to me, it sounds so common. I can’t see [name]Mimi[/name] working past the age of about 5 year old either!

Also, my love for the name appears to be fading so I’m not too bothered about stretching to find a nickname I love. I just wanted to know how you thought the combo would sound if I swapped the names around. I think I love the name [name]Ottilie[/name] and it fits perfectly with some of my other favourites.

So basically what do you think of [name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Carys[/name] instead? I know [name]Jemima[/name] isn’t well loved on here because of the pankcake syrup or something? That isn’t an issue in the UK and it’s actually well in the top 200 so it isn’t ridiculously uncommon or unheard of.

I really like both [name]Ottilie[/name] & [name]Carys[/name] as first name options!

Also, I had a great aunt called [name]Mimi[/name] her whole life (short for [name]Filomena[/name]), so it can definitely work long term =)

[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Carys[/name] is really nice. I like it quite a bit, although–would you keep [name]Matilda[/name], then? I think both would likely get shortened to [name]Tilly[/name] and I think that could get confusing. Otherwise, I like it. :slight_smile:

I’ve also heard of [name]Mima[/name] (MEE-mah), [name]Maya[/name], and [name]Mia[/name] as nicknames for [name]Jemima[/name]–not sure if those interest you or not. I think [name]Jemima[/name] nn [name]Maya[/name] would be adorable.

I like [name]Jemima[/name].
I’ve heard of [name]Mima[/name], but prn. My-ma…also heard of Imma as a nickname, buy maybe that was a one off…
(I’m also in the UK)

I like all of your combinations so I don’t think you can go too wrong here. I love [name]Jemima[/name], but it’s a name that works better in the UK due to the syrup association in the US (plus I think it sounds better with a British accent!). You could use [name]Jemma[/name] as a nn. [name]Ottilie[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name] is cute too though.

I love [name]Jemima[/name], my initials since being married are [name]JEM[/name] and I love how it sounds. But sadly, the whole Aunt [name]Jemima[/name] thing is very much still around in the USA…even with [name]Jemima[/name] Puddle duck etc , I consider [name]Jemima[/name] as an untouchable sadly for that reason. (Says the mom of a [name]Linus[/name] who is associated with a fictional character by many many people, lol)

[name]Both[/name] combos are darling, I havent really heard of [name]Ottilie[/name] until joining this board, and its beautiful. [name]Mimi[/name] I think works on an older child/adult, more so then a lot of full names that sound rather childish to me that are very popular (at least where I live) now. My oldest decided around the age of 9 to go by his full name, (we were caling him [name]Seb[/name] up until then, Sebby when he was very young) which is 3 syllibles and nobody has a hard time saying it or what not. I think more kids these days are going by their full names, there is a [name]James[/name] at his school (not [name]Jim[/name]/[name]Jimmy[/name]) and I know a 4 year old [name]Benjamin[/name] (not [name]Ben[/name]), a 2 year old [name]Robert[/name] (not [name]Bobby[/name]/[name]Robby[/name] etc) and many [name]Williams[/name] (not [name]Will[/name], [name]Billy[/name] etc).

[name]Jemmie[/name] is also pretty cute and if it stops working after the early years it could transfer to [name]Emmie[/name]… I love [name]Mima[/name] and [name]Jemma[/name] as nns for [name]Jemima[/name]. [name]Ottilie[/name] is pretty, too.

[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Jemima[/name] [name]Carys[/name] is a beautiful combonation, I really like it. :slight_smile: