What first names do you dislike because of people you have met?

For example

I dislike the name [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] but I didnt get on with a [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] in school.

1 Like

Roland, I’m afraid.

Celeste, [name_f]Leanne[/name_f] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

Victoria. Girl ruined my life from kindergarten to last year.

Amanda, [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]

Julia, too. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name, but I know three, and all of them kind of suck.

:cry:

3 Likes

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Kathy[/name_f], [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Katie[/name_f], etc. (any spelling or form)
[name_u]James[/name_u] (although I love [name_u]Jamison[/name_u] & [name_u]Jamie[/name_u])

If it’s any consolation, I love this name because of someone I’ve met.

1 Like

Lucy, [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Joe[/name_m]

Some of these I’m really sad about, particularly [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] because they’re such lovely names!

Lily, [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. So…every third woman or girl? :worried: I haven’t gotten over my dislike for these names because of three specific persons.

I wouldn’t say that I dislike the names entirely, but I’ve had negative associations with a [name_m]Juan[/name_m], a [name_u]Noah[/name_u], and a [name_u]Cody[/name_u]. I’ve come to not like the names as much.

Sorry, it’s the name of a girl who I thought was my friend but she was just using me for her own advantage.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you had the name ruined for you by someone like that! I’ve experienced fake friends, too. It really sucks.

2 Likes

Thank you :heart: It works great on you though!

1 Like

Aw, thanks!

1 Like

[name_f]Emily[/name_f]!

1 Like

Allan – a childhood playmate who later abused kids
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m] – a long story
[name_u]June[/name_u] – a loud obnoxious lady from my childhood
[name_u]Shawn[/name_u] – a boy in High School who tormented me.

Gilbert :slightly_frowning_face:

Love the name, but had an unfortunate experience with one recently that ruined the name for me.

Charlotte. I can get over it, but I still think of the negative association. Also [name_u]Arie[/name_u]. The association with [name_u]Arie[/name_u] I can’t get over.