What girl name is your favorite?

See the results of this poll: Which is your favorite girl name?

Respondents: 59 (This poll is closed)

• Elliana (Louise/Kathleen) : 17 (29%)
  • Amelia Kathleen : 25 (42%)
  • Charlotte Renae: 17 (29%)

For nicknames, we like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] for [name_f]Elliana[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f] for [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]!!!

I like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] the best out of the first names. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] sounds nice, but I much prefer the name [name_f]Louise[/name_f] to [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] would be my choice. Does [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] honor something special to you, or do you just like the sound?

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is becoming very popular. I love [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f].

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] but not sure of [name_f]Renae[/name_f]. WDYT of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]?

[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] is my middle name and I like the idea of passing it down. [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is my [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s middle and [name_f]Renae[/name_f] (spelled [name_f]Rena[/name_f]`) is my mother’s middle. :slight_smile:

We just Skyped with my in laws who prefer [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]… because my husband and FIL actually have issues pronounced [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]?! Haha! I think my parents prefer [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] because it is more classic to them. We are only beginning our TTC journey and just thinking ahead :wink:

I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]. We are trying to avoid [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f], even though it is beautiful, ([name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is also pretty!) because of a family member who has a toddler named [name_f]Charlee[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f].

Hubby and I are both currently loving [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]. I would like [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] if it was spelled the traditional way, [name_f]Eliana[/name_f].

All the names are gorgeous but I voted for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as I love its nickname, [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]!
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] would be my second choice, then [name_f]Elliana[/name_f].

I love how [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] sounds. (Though I’d spell it [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]). It’s weighty l’s sound mystical, almost like your conjuring up a beautiful, lushes women who has a mother [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] sized heart.

I love [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], I don’t care for [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] it seems like a made up spelling the traditional spellings are [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_f]Elianna[/name_f] both pronounced the same in Hebrew. You could still nickname her [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] because its a diminutive. I would pick [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] Lousie, though I really Like [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

thank you for the feedback, berries. Have gone from loving [name_m]Leeland[/name_m] to loving [name_u]Leland[/name_u] (after my grandfather) for a boy… so perhaps I will consider [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Elliana[/name_f]. The problem is that the first time I came across it I saw it both ways, never seeing [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] as the “correct” way… and [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] reminds me so much of [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]/[name_m]Eli[/name_m] for a boy since a friend of mind has an [name_m]Eli[/name_m]. My husband and I simply prefer [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] at this point because it looks more feminine in my opinion. TTC #1, but not pregnant yet (I don’t think)… so perhaps by that time I will change my mind!! We shall see :wink: In my head I guess [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is like [name_f]Alison[/name_f] and [name_f]Elliana[/name_f] is like [name_u]Allison[/name_u] (where you’d get [name_u]Allie[/name_u])… idk! :slight_smile:

thank you for the info… I do like the look of [name_f]Elianna[/name_f] better than [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], but I fear people will see the [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and pronounce it that way.

If I may, can I suggest [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]?

I like! thanks :slight_smile: