What Girl Name Would You Add?

Totally copying everyone else who’s doing/done this, but I’m just curious what 1 single name you’d add to my list:

[name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Heida[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], and…

What name would you add? And I’d love to know why that one in particular! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tilda! It’s a little rough round the edges but still gentle and feminine. It has a bit of vintage charm, it’s familiar but fits in with some of the more unexpected names on your list like [name_f]Heida[/name_f]

2 Likes

Sophie or [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] came to mind first! I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names would work as well. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], and even [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] would be fabulous!

1 Like

Matilda.

1 Like

Eleanor

1 Like

Sabine. Sleek, timeless, international, and deserves far more love!

3 Likes

Eloise! I feel like it has the same elegant, fun vibe the rest of your names have!

2 Likes

Dahlia!

1 Like

Cynthia.

I really love [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] but never feels she fits quite right among my other loves. She is classic and vintage and mellifluous. She has the visual interest of names like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], as well as the mythology-adjacent ring without being “BAM, it’s a goddess!” But she has the softness of [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (imo). She is instantly recognizable but underused. [name_m]Just[/name_m] such a great name and I hope you like her, too.

1 Like

Tilde ([name_m]Til[/name_m]-dee), [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_u]Marie[/name_u]

1 Like

Thanks for all the responses so far! There are so many I haven’t thought of before, and plenty that I already do love – you guys have nailed my style, I think.

@Greyblue
I have never really considered [name_f]Tilda[/name_f] before, but I actually think it’s quite cute!

I do like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], too, as @TDFM suggested. :slight_smile:

@jonquils
[name_m]How[/name_m] charming is [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]! Loving the nn options ‘[name_f]Miri[/name_f]’ and ‘[name_f]Belle[/name_f]’, too.

@SparkleNinja18
I do love [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]!! She’s so sweet. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is also lovely, and the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names, too (though I think I still prefer simple, classic [name_f]Rose[/name_f]).

@juliem1912
YES. I adore [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]!

@katinka
Ooh, I quite like [name_f]Sabine[/name_f]! Certainly not one I’ve ever considered before, but it is so elegant. Definitely adding to my long list. (Might be a new crush!)

@AdroitArtemis
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is so sweet! Definitely a classic I often overlook.

@Estrela
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is gorgeous!

@hyacinthbucket
I think [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] is quite pretty and often underrated. However, it’s my aunt’s name, so it’s not really an option for me. But it does remind me of [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u], as the two names were a mother-daughter pair in a favorite book of mine (Wives & Daughters). And I definitely love your description of the name – 100% agree! :slight_smile:

@GoogleChrome
[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] & [name_u]Marie[/name_u] both – especially [name_u]Marie[/name_u] as it’s so unexpected as a fn these days!

4 Likes

Phoebe or [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

1 Like

Ramona or [name_f]Stella[/name_f] or maybe [name_u]Simone[/name_u]!

1 Like

Simone or [name_f]Noemi[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Florence[/name_f] flows quite nicely with this list, or possibly [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]/Caterina

1 Like

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]? I have a bit of a crush on this one right now and I think it fits with your others well :blush:

2 Likes

Lilia, [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Heida[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] your name list!

1 Like

Emilia

1 Like

Every time I looked through your list, I thought of a name that would be good for it and realized it was already there! It’s clear you have a very consistent, beautiful style.

One that hasn’t been said yet that I think could fit with the others (and is also a personal favorite of mine) is [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]. I feel like the names on your list are older-feeling, feminine but also very strong. They all have a clear presence, if that make sense. And I think [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] also has that feeling.

2 Likes

Too bad about [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f], but understandable. [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] is obvs amazing. :wink: I’m glad you like [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] though. I definitely agree she is quite underrated and a very deserving new crush for you!

1 Like