What if it's a girl?

I am 37 weeks pregnant as of today (yeah!) and my OBGYN seems to think that I will go sooner rather than later. I gave birth to my other two children between 37 and 38 weeks. The ultrasound said it was a boy and his name will be [name]William[/name] [name]Rohan[/name] but what happens if it is a girl? The idea that I won’t have a name for a whoopsie [name]Daisy[/name] is driving me crazy. I need help!
Other children: [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Caspian[/name] ([name]Theo[/name]) and [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Titania[/name] ([name]Lenny[/name])

The middle name would be: [name]Arwen[/name]

Our [name]Favorite[/name] Names Are:
[name]Maeve[/name] - Too short to match sibs?
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] (No nick name potential and same letter are [name]Lenny[/name])
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (same first letter as [name]Evelyn[/name])
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]/[name]Isolda[/name]
edit* I forgot [name]Eloise[/name]/[name]Eloisa[/name]

My husband and I are realizing that we have knocked out a few of our favorite names by the names we have chosen previously. I adore [name]Louisa[/name] but since it doesn’t have a great nick name I feel like I can’t use it… so sad!
Be as thorough as you can be, I can take it. Any ‘new’ names would be great too!
Thanks!

[name]Just[/name] have a second, so I have to keep this brief… From the names you listed I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]! [name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name]), [name]Evelyn[/name] ([name]Lenny[/name]), and [name]Adeline[/name] ([name]Addie[/name]?) is an addorable sib-set in my opinion! :slight_smile: The only thing is [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] maybe doesn’t have the best flow? Hmmm…

Anyone else out there? I know you gals are great with names!

[name]Adeline[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name] are my favorites as your “just in case” name. Would [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] have nicknames for you? I love both names and I’m curious what nn you are thinking about.

Good luck on your upcoming delivery! I love your boys name

Nicknames would probably be:

[name]Adeline[/name] - [name]Addie[/name]/[name]Delly[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] - Stell/Tell/[name]Telly[/name]/[name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] - Im/[name]Genny[/name]/[name]Immy[/name]

Needs some work, but like [name]Lenny[/name], they will fit when we see them! lol

From your list I’d say [name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] are the best. They’re both classic names that make a really nice sib-set with your other children. However, I’m not too keen on [name]Arwen[/name]. I think it sounds a little masculine, maybe because it reminds me so much of [name]Darwin[/name].

[name]Arwen[/name] is from the lord of the rings and actually means noble maiden. It reminds me of [name]Bronwen[/name].

Our [name]Favorite[/name] Names Are:
[name]Maeve[/name]- love love love this! i think it could work with her sibs just fine
[name]Stella[/name]- i like this, you could call her [name]Ella[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]- so classic! i think it goes well with the sibs
[name]Adeline[/name]- doesn’t seem to go with you style of classic
[name]Louisa[/name]- If you love it you love it! i wouldn’t worry about not having a nn if you really love it
[name]Elizabeth[/name]- it would bother me too having the same letter as [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]- same as [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]- i like other names on your list better
[name]Anna[/name]- i really like this one. i think it would fit right in
[name]Beatrice[/name]- goes with your classic names but doesn’t seem like a little girls name to me?
[name]Imogen[/name]- i really dislike this one sorry :frowning:
[name]Isolde[/name]/[name]Isolda[/name]- I like [name]Isolde[/name]
edit* I forgot [name]Eloise[/name]/[name]Eloisa[/name]- i like other’s on your list better

My favorite off your list is [name]Susannah[/name].

Others:
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Adela[/name]

First, I have to say that I [name]LOVE[/name] the middle name choices. I mean, TOTALLY [name]LOVE[/name] THEM!!

I love the [name]Arwen[/name] middle choice, but I find it problematic with the names I think go with [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]. I thought that, as [name]Isolde[/name] is already on the list, you might be open to using that as a middle name instead. Please don’t think I’m being pushy!! I totally get that you want to use [name]Arwen[/name], and I think that it’s such an awesome name and tribute to the literature! But I just thought I’d put it out there and maybe it will strike a chord.

[name]Maeve[/name]: Yes, I think it’s too short with [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]: I like [name]Stella[/name] as a part of this Sibset. [name]Stella[/name] [name]Arwen[/name], though - don’t like the ‘a’ end of [name]Stella[/name] with the ‘a’ beginning of [name]Arwen[/name]. What about [name]Stella[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]?
[name]Jane[/name]: Too short
[name]Adeline[/name]: Like [name]Adeline[/name], but prefer [name]Stella[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t know if I like [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] though. [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Isolde[/name] sounds good.
[name]Louisa[/name]: What about the nn [name]Lou[/name]? I really like [name]Lou[/name]. And I think that since they are both girls, it would be OK to have a nn starting with the same letter. I like [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] (& they all have 3 syllables).[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] has the same problem as [name]Stella[/name]. What about [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]?
[name]Elizabeth[/name]: No E names, [name]IMO[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]: No E names, [name]IMO[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]: [name]Don[/name]'t like it with [name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], and the ‘a’ sound at the end runs into [name]Arwen[/name].
[name]Anna[/name]: Goes really well with your other two names, but it just isn’t ‘it’ for me. But like [name]Adeline[/name] - the double ‘a’ - [name]Anna[/name] [name]Arwen[/name]? Maybe [name]Anna[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]? But I never know what nn
[name]Beatrice[/name]: Pronounced “bee-tris” or “be-AY-tris”? Not sure I like it with your other names either way. But I do like [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Arwen[/name]. And love the nn [name]Bea[/name].
[name]Imogen[/name]: I like this, but the ‘n’ end with [name]Evelyn[/name] is too much [name]IMO[/name]. I like [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Arwen[/name].
[name]Isolde[/name]/[name]Isolda[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name] this name, but don’t think it goes with [name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]. But definitely like it as a second name, and it would fit the theme you have going with your other middle names - great literary/myth associations. I do like [name]Isolde[/name] [name]Arwen[/name], and would love to hear that this name has been used!

Other names you might like:
[name]Geraldine[/name]. I know that it gets paid out, but I like it. I think [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], and [name]Geraldine[/name] sound good together. I like [name]Geraldine[/name] [name]Arwen[/name]. Instead of using [name]Gerry[/name] and a nn, I’d use “[name]Dine[/name]” end, pronouncing it like “dean”, so both your girls would have a boy nn “[name]Lenny[/name] and [name]Dean[/name]”. Not for everyone I know, but thought I’d put it out there.
[name]Charlotte[/name]: Not sure how common it is where you are, but I like the sound of [name]Theodore[/name], Evelyun and [name]Charlotte[/name]. NN [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Lottie[/name] (I know it begins with an ‘l’…). [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Arwen[/name], I like.
[name]Genevieve[/name] (I like the [name]Gen[/name] ‘UH’ veeve pronunciation). Apart from the nn [name]Jen[/name] (which would put me off), I like this name with [name]Thedore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]. I’d use the nn ‘V’ or “eve/evie”. [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] sounds good too.
[name]Sylvia[/name]. [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], and [name]Sylvia[/name]. nn [name]Sylvie[/name]. [name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] sounds good too.

[name]Hope[/name] that this helps or inspires the perfect name!!

Good luck!! :smiley:

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Titania[/name], and [name]William[/name] [name]Rohan[/name] are fantastic! :slight_smile:

[name]Maeve[/name]- [name]Lovely[/name], but I’m not sure about it with your children’s names - to me, [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] are more classic than [name]Maeve[/name]. The length isn’t a too big of a deal, though it might bother me a bit, personally. [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] is a great combo, though. :slight_smile:
[name]Stella[/name] - I think that [name]Stella[/name] works very well with [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name], but I’m not sure about the flow of a first name ending in A next to [name]Arwen[/name] as a middle, because the As cancel each other out - that might not be a big issue for you, though, if you take a longer pause before the two names…
[name]Jane[/name] - I like [name]Jane[/name] a lot, but it seems to lack the melody of [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]. I like the flow of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Arwen[/name], though, and it sort of reminds me of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]. :slight_smile:
[name]Adeline[/name] - This is wonderful, too, and very nice with the names of your children. Like [name]Evelyn[/name], it ends with the N sound, but that doesn’t bother me in this case (I’m assuming that you say -line, rhyming with line, mine, nine, etc. rather than -lyn - correct me if I’m wrong). Normally, the repeating -N endings in a first and middle name combo might bother me, but I actually think that [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] works - I love the alliteration. :slight_smile:
[name]Louisa[/name] - I love [name]Louisa[/name] with your kids’ names and on its own! :slight_smile: Nickname options include: [name]Isa[/name], [name]Lou[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Lula[/name], and [name]Lulu[/name]. Unless [name]Evelyn[/name] goes by her nickname, [name]Lenny[/name], all the time, the repeated L beginnings wouldn’t bother me as much. Then again, I’m not completely sold on [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Arwen[/name]… There’s the back-to-back A sounds, though that might be avoided - see [name]Stella[/name]. Also, there’s a slight W sound when I say [name]Louisa[/name] (loo-EEZ-uh/loo-WEEZ-uh), and I’m not 100% sure about the two W sounds in the combo.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Elizabeth[/name] is the ultimate classic that’s never out of style, and I can see it with your kids’ names, easily. I love that it has an endless amount of nicknames, too! The E initial would probably bother me, though. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] has flows nicely, but it sounds a lot like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Arden[/name]…
[name]Eleanor[/name] - Stylistically, this would be perfect with [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name], but I personally wouldn’t use matching initials for siblings. Also, [name]Eleanor[/name] could shorten to [name]Lena[/name], which is very similar to [name]Lenny[/name], so that might bother me.
[name]Susannah[/name] - Ditto to [name]Susannah[/name] - I love it and it’s great with your kids’ names, but I’m not sure about [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Arwen[/name], but it might work (sorry - see [name]Stella[/name] again)
[name]Anna[/name] - See [name]Jane[/name] - it’s lovely, but more simple (but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing) in comparison to [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]. You can also use [name]Anna[/name] for a nickname for [name]Susannah[/name]…
[name]Beatrice[/name] - I love [name]Beatrice[/name]! [name]Beatrix[/name] is also one of my favorites, though [name]Beatrice[/name] is softer and more elegant. [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] sounds lovely, too.
[name]Imogen[/name] - [name]Imogen[/name] is nice, but there’s the repeated -en/-yn ending with [name]Evelyn[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] doesn’t have the best flow, in my opinion.
[name]Isolde[/name]/[name]Isolda[/name] - I prefer [name]Isolde[/name], but you would probably get less pronunciation issues with [name]Isolda[/name]. Pretty name, but I think that it’s mismatched with [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] - sorry!
[name]Eloise[/name]/[name]Eloisa[/name] - I think that [name]Eloise[/name] works better with [name]Arwen[/name] and the sibling names, but I wouldn’t use it because of the matching E initial with [name]Evelyn[/name].

These are my favorites - the ones that work best with your kids’ name, flow best, etc.:
[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Arwen[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Arwen[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Arwen[/name]. Some other options that go with [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] ([name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Lenny[/name] may be too close though)
[name]Geraldine[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] (although the -en sound of both would be too much [name]IMO[/name])

also, I have a friend that just added baby [name]Evelyn[/name] to the sibset of [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name], I think as long as they have completely different nns they’d be fine (i.e. [name]Eleanor[/name]/a became [name]Nora[/name] instead of [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Len[/name])

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Arwen[/name] - there are lots of nn options

Definitely [name]Stella[/name]