What if you met a little Franco?

This name woke me up in the middle of the night. :joy: I think the sound is cute and charming… but is it usable? When I looked it up on NB there is apparently a dictator association + of course, James Franco.

What would you think if you met a little Franco???

1 Like

I’d be pretty excited, actually! I hadn’t heard of the dictator until recently, so I more so associate it with the [name_m]Franco[/name_m] brothers.

1 Like

Aw yay this makes me happy! :hugs:

Only reminds me of the word francophone.

1 Like

:joy::joy: never heard of that in my life.

A friend of a friend has a son called [name_m]Franco[/name_m]! I really like how it sounds but wouldn’t use due to the dictator association :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aw ok! Dang!

I love [name_m]Franco[/name_m]! I would be excited to see it used in real life. I would probably assume it was short for [name_m]Francesco[/name_m]

1 Like

I think of the actor [name_m]Franco[/name_m] Nero…I think on a little kid it’s super cute.

1 Like

I have a history degree so the dictator is my first thought, followed immediately by [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Franco[/name_m]. The sounds in the name are nice though and I like that it’s recognisable but a little different.

1 Like

I’m glad to see a variety of opinions!!! :heartpulse:

[name_f]My[/name_f] grandad worked with a [name_m]Franco[/name_m] and I always thought it was a cool name! I’d be pleased to meet one

1 Like

I actually know two, one is [name_m]Franco[/name_m] and the other [name_m]Franko[/name_m] (I live in Croatia, for the record, hence the [name_m]Franko[/name_m] spelling making more sense phonetically). One is in high school and the other is a uni freshman. I wouldn’t think anything unusual of the name, as here we have quite a few names of similiar style (Marino, [name_m]Ivano[/name_m], Mario). I honestly think it can work on any age.

1 Like

I’m fascinated that people have heard this name in real life!! Love it🤗

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] friend has a cousin [name_m]Franco[/name_m]! Very usable imo

1 Like

Yay!!!

I’ve never met a [name_m]Franco[/name_m], but I’d like to. I think it’s a fine name. I do know of the dictator from history classes and books, but I don’t think that makes the name taboo. Unless your surname is [name_m]Francisco[/name_m], I’d say it’s fine.

1 Like

Sorry, but I immediately think of the dictator🙁 It may be just because I’m interested in history and especially Spanish history. I would not use the name personally and honestly I would probably think that the parents of someone called [name_m]Franco[/name_m] adored the dictator. But unless you live in Spain or your surname is [name_m]Francisco[/name_m], I don’t think most people would associate the name [name_m]Franco[/name_m] with the dictator.

2 Likes

Dang!!! Thank you for your feedback! :grin::grin: super helpful.

1 Like

I know of a [name_m]Franco[/name_m] (here at my university, so not a little one), and I think it’s cool! I really like it as a nn for longer names like [name_m]Francesco[/name_m] or Gianfranco. :slight_smile:

But, yes, I’d be ooing and awing over a little [name_m]Franco[/name_m] if I met one!

1 Like