What if you met a little Franco?

How sweet!! Thank you!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I know a little Franco, and I think the name’s super cute!

2 Likes

I’d think, “unique name, kind of cool” & move on.

2 Likes

I would love to meet a little [name_m]Franco[/name_m] !! I have been dying to meet one :laughing:

1 Like

How fun!! You guys are getting me excited. This is seriously my top name right now :joy: my 3 in the morning revelation! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Okay so I was playing with some names last night and also had a revelation over [name_m]Franco[/name_m]! I’ve been loving [name_m]Frank[/name_m] & [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] so I was like “this is perfect!”
I honestly had no idea about the dictator until this thread, that’s unfortunate. It’s such a sweet name :confused:

1 Like

Telepathy from afar… that is crazy.

Ik… but from the feedback it still seems usable. Idk my husband is pretty into world history and hasn’t mentioned it, so :woman_shrugging:t3::grimacing:

2 Likes

It’s got such a cool, interesting sound but unfortunately my immediate thought is also the dictator. I wouldn’t necessarily assume that a little [name_m]Franco[/name_m] was named after him though.

Maybe [name_m]Fenno[/name_m] for a similar but less controversial alternative?

2 Likes

Dang!! That is really cute and I’ve never heard it! Is it usually short for something? I definitely have considered just Frank but it’s a little meh. Franklin is out. I would like to find something with an “O” ending i think!

Off the top of my head, it’s Dutch and I think traditionally short for names with the frid “peace” name element, like Frederick et al. But it’s long been established as a standalone. Worth double-checking this though!

1 Like

How sweet!!! Thank you!!

Knee jerk reaction: I like it! Does remind me of [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Franco[/name_m], but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

It sounds like if you did use the name, you’d have to decide how to respond to people who associate it with dictatorship.

If I had to use an alternative, I’d opt for something like [name_m]Marco[/name_m].

1 Like

It’s got such a cool vibe but unfortunately, as others have said, my first thought is the dictator. That would be enough to stop me from using it but I suppose there are other associations too, like [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Franco[/name_m]. Have you thought about [name_m]Elio[/name_m] or [name_m]Miro[/name_m]?

2 Likes

I guess I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to the dictator…never heard of him. I thought of [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Franco[/name_m]. I like the name!

1 Like

I immediately think of the dictator, sorry.

How about:

[name_m]Fabio[/name_m]
[name_m]Fausto[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferdo[/name_m]
Fido
[name_m]Fredo[/name_m]
[name_m]Friso[/name_m]
[name_m]Fulco[/name_m]
[name_m]Falco[/name_m] (I really like this one)
[name_f]Feo[/name_f]
Furio
Fazio

3 Likes

I always thought Fido was cute :crazy_face:

Elio + Miro are both really cute!

1 Like

Any other snappy “o” name suggestions? I’ve been searching on here but the only other one I love is Otto and we have so many little Ottos in our area of the Midwest. Probably all named after German family members.

I also like Arlo but it’s a little too trendy for our taste.

How about [name_u]Nico[/name_u], [name_m]Indio[/name_m], Marlo/Marlow/Marlowe or [name_u]Rio[/name_u]? [name_u]Cairo[/name_u] is another option.

I actually really like all of those! Marlo maybe is more on the feminine side or am I crazy? Really liking Nico.

1 Like