What impression does this name give you??

So I’m on green team and someone recently suggested using [name]Miles[/name]. Not sure how I feel about it just yet. What does [name]Miles[/name] make you think of? The only reference I can think of is the [name]Miles[/name] character from the [name]Murphy[/name] [name]Brown[/name] show and that isn’t a positive for me.

I like strong boy names and lately I have a thing for 1 syllable names. A couple of my other boy name favorites at the moment just so you get an idea are [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Rhett[/name]. My son is [name]Carson[/name].

Thanks!

I love [name]Miles[/name]. I love that it is smooth on your tongue when you say it. It sounds like a really hip and cool kid. It also has the connection of [name]Miles[/name] [name]Davis[/name] connection which is awesome!
I think [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Carson[/name] would be really cute sib set names. I think that they are different enough to be their own person but still fit nicely together.
[name]Miles[/name] is well known but not well used so chances are your son wouldn’t have another [name]Miles[/name] in his class or maybe not even in his school, but I doubt you would be questioned about the use of this name. It is ranked 162 on the ssa website so it is used but not over used.
This names seems to link in my mind names like [name]Graham[/name] and [name]Hugh[/name] for some reason.

Thanks for the feedback. [name]Carson[/name] was around #86 (in the entire US, but not in top 100 in our state) the year he was born and that was a little too popular for me but it had meaning so I used it. I don’t like too crazy/popular names but you brought up a good point that I don’t want multiple kids in the same class sharing my kid’s name.

I like [name]Miles[/name]. There was a little boy named [name]Miles[/name] in my daughter’s playgroup and I always thought it was a great name. It sounds lyrical to the ear with the lovely combiantion of “l” and “s”, it’s easy to spell, not super-popular yet still familiar, and will age well.

If you’re not super-sure about it, try saying it out loud to yourself over the next several days. I usually find that this helps me decide if I really like a name or not…if I like it more everytime I say it, it’s usually a good sign. If I get kind of tired and question it more, I take it off the list.

Good luck!

Well I am hoping it’s a good impression b/c this is the name we are 99% using if we have a boy (which I am like 55% sure of, haha). I have also seen [name]Myles[/name], but I think I prefer the standard spelling.

I already told my husband that I am going to make a book of baby photos and write “Milestones” on the cover. Cheesy! :slight_smile:

I also like 1-syllable names (or longer names, but use a 1-syllable nn). Other names on our list:
[name]August[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name]
[name]Maverick[/name] nn Mav or [name]Mack[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] nn [name]Mac[/name] or [name]Mack[/name]
[name]John[/name] or [name]Jack[/name] but call him [name]Jack[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Thaddeus[/name], both w/ nn [name]Tad[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] (kinda girly though)
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name] or [name]Edward[/name], both w/ nn [name]Ned[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name] or [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Leonard[/name] or [name]Leopold[/name] both w/ nn [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] nn [name]Hank[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]

Oh I like the idea of saying the name aloud. Ill have to try that!

And I’m 52.5% sure this baby is a boy! haha!

My handsome son is named [name]Miles[/name]. I think it is the most perfect name ever.

My son never had another [name]Miles[/name] in his school let alone in his class, he never had one in any other area of his life be it sport, school, work etc.

He has always loved his name, he doesn’t get nn’s either, and I love that aspect too.

I am so, so happy that I named him [name]Miles[/name], it one of the best choices I have ever made.

Description of him, gregarious, intelligent, loving, high achiever, sporty, practical.

[name]Don[/name]'t hesitate this is a great, handsome, manly name.

Cheers,

[name]Miles[/name]’ mother :slight_smile:

[name]Miles[/name] is one of my favorite names for a boy. I was a nanny to a baby [name]Miles[/name] for a while a few years ago,
and he would get compliments on his name when we were out quite often! I have personally adored the name since. It’s very handsome and has history. [name]LOVE[/name] it!!!

Best,
L.

[name]Miles[/name] reminds me of [name]Miles[/name] [name]Austin[/name], he plays for the cowboys and is extremely attractive [name]IMO[/name]. showstalker.net

[name]Miles[/name] was on my list of boy names but s/o said no. I think its a wonderful name!