What is a "out there" name that you like unironically

Okay… so i heard someone joke about this name but i like actually like it.

Ready: [name_f]Sommer[/name_f] Squash

hahaha I dont know why but I think it is kind of cute!

what are some out there names that you like but would never use?

1 Like

i once met someone who named their daughter poppy pea. i would never use it, but it’s pretty darn cute. :tangerine:

i’ve also seen a lot of jokes online about imogen poots’s middle name being gay. i think it’s pretty cute when you think of the ‘happy’ meaning. like a cross between blythe and may!

3 Likes

Varicella Vaccine!

The alliteration is a bit much and the meaning even more so but it’s quite catchy.

1 Like

[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

4 Likes

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] who does [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] on Youtube has a daughter that suggested the name [name_u]Sunset[/name_u] [name_u]Jet[/name_u].

Absolutely wild but I love it.

2 Likes

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Lillie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gracie[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]

A friend has a daughter born on Dec 20 named S0lstice 3ve. It’s a bit on the nose for me but fabulous at the same time.

Absolutely love @enwmn’s full name as well. I won’t share it here but I remain eternally jealous😍 And I would use it!

And my husband’s younger half-sibs also have names I think are brave but wonderful. They are 3stée 3lectra and @ugust!n Uly55e.

Apologies for symbols, they are for non-googleability.

2 Likes

I knew siblings called Luc@ , Lyr@ and L@sar. Their names really grew on me!

The first time I came across [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], said character was nicknamed [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_u]Blue[/name_u], and I kinda love it as a combo. Quite a few wordy descriptions give some really nice (and tempting) combos and imageries. E.g. [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u] or [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u].

3 Likes

I have to say [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_u]Sky[/name_u] as a fn/mn combo! It’s bright and sweet and full of energy. It’s too wordy/descriptive for me to use personally, but both names being common on their own does help. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are people named this - I’d like to meet one! :sunny:

4 Likes

I’ve always really loved the name Edelweiss :pleading_face:

8 Likes

I think [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] [name_u]Lemon[/name_u] would be the cutest freaking name if it wasn’t a famous brand.

10 Likes

Aww when I saw that name-seriously the cutest name ever! took me a second before I realized why it’s off limits :sweat_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Endora[/name_f]! We shortlisted it but couldn’t quite bring my wife around and the nickname options weren’t my fave, but still, [name_f]Endora[/name_f]! So cute! And magical!

3 Likes

[name_m]Daile[/name_m] (pronounced like Daley/Dailey)!
I liked it but with our last name, it sounded like a [name_m]Price[/name_m] Is Right game. Alliteration all around! He was not deterred at all, but we ended up with a boy. I couldn’t in good conscience do that to my child, although it is a total GP!

I love [name_f]Idalia[/name_f] (eye-dale-ya). It means behold the sun. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandma’s name was [name_f]Ida[/name_f] so it’s very special to me. But everyone I showed it to could not pronounce it and I didn’t want to do that to my baby. It’s now a possible future cat name which is fitting since my grandma loved cats!

I love the name [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], especially for a little boy with the nickname Tintin, but everyone I’ve ever spoken to about it has hated it!

2 Likes

I’ve always thought the name [name_u]Snapdragon[/name_u] is so cute, and it’s one of my favorite flowers!

1 Like

omg actually love that!!! hahah!! so cute!

1 Like