What is it like having a baby’s birthday be on/around Christmas

Yeah, definitely no on-birthday parties for us [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] babies. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom always threw us parties in [name_u]January[/name_u] ([name_u]November[/name_u] was too close to Thanksgiving). We always got a cake for on our birthday and a cake at our party. Never too much cake!

1 Like

My birthday is the 21st, so a lot of my presents through the years have been joint (Not all though). Sometimes it can be hard to have an actual birthday party being so close to [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], but it can be nice having 2 holidays very close to one another.

1 Like

There’s a kid in our family who was born on 12/31/13. His parents usually throw the party with his friends the weekend before winter break. Around the 14-17th.

That way the kids aren’t busy, the parents aren’t tired, and everyone is usually in great spirits because of the holiday season.

They still do a small celebration just their family on [name_u]New[/name_u] Year’s [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. And the extended family on [name_u]New[/name_u] Year’s [name_u]Day[/name_u]. If you ask him, I think he enjoys celebrating 3 days instead of 1.

My brother’s birthday is the second of [name_u]January[/name_u], so the day after new years. He doesn’t like it much because all his friends are away on vacation so we can’t invite anyone. I’m sure he’ll grow out of it though :slight_smile: