What is the Largest Age Gap you Would date Someone?

I was looking at celebrity age gaps and some of them are like 30+ years!!!

In your own personal opinion, which age gap is your limit?? How much older would you date someone??

Do you really believe that age is just a number??? Why do people think that when guys are older in the relationship it is “cool”… but when girls are older, it is considered “weird” or “creepy”?

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Personally, I would date anyone 20 years older or less. IDRC about age.

3 Likes

Probably 10 to 12 yrs depending on personally. 20 and up is a little too much for me.

1 Like

15 at max. [name_f]My[/name_f] parents are 7 years apart.

1 Like

It’s so dependent on the people in the relationship, imo. In general for this particular stage of my life, I think 5 years older is probably the cut-off for being in the same maturity range as me, but if I met someone say 10 years older & we happen to be a good fit for each other, I wouldn’t turn them down just because of their age. Right now, I can’t see being in a relationship with someone 20 years older being a fantastic idea because we’d more than likely be in such different stages in life and have such different mentalities, but you never know, I guess :woman_shrugging:t2: Maybe my soul-mate is already in their 40s :joy: So generally speaking, for this period of my life, 5 years is my “limit”, but I also don’t really have a limit if it seems like it’d be a good idea to enter into a relationship with each other. For where I am in life right now (almost 21), I can’t see myself with someone younger, but I’m sure I’d feel differently if I were older. [name_f]My[/name_f] great aunt is 15 years older than her husband & they’ve been happily married for 37 years.

ETA: I feel like age is a general guide for where someone is in life, but can vary so much from person to person, so there’s no real answer to your question from me.

1 Like

Ultimately depends on the person and their personality.

2 Likes

Obviously it depends on how old the people are, but for me personally, I would stick with the 10 year or under range.

1 Like

I will only date someone who was in high school at the same time I was. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if it’s that he would’ve been a senior when I was a freshman (not the same high school, of course, I’d never date anyone from my high school lol). Other than that, I feel like we’re just in too different a place in our lives.

2 Likes

Iam 24 and I would someone that is 45 maximum.

1 Like

19 here, so a bit tricky of an age!! i have to agree with @futuremama that so much of it is dependent on the person and also the stages we’re at in our lives— at the moment, i wouldn’t want to date anyone that isn’t currently in college, or the college age range (18-22ish. hard stop on the 18), but i know that could change when i’m older

1 Like

For myself, I don’t think I would do more than three or four years older or more than two years younger, at lest at this stage in my life.

1 Like

Realistically, probably seven or eight years max. I wouldn’t want one of us to die a lot sooner than the other.

It’s also weird to me whenever someone dates someone who is like 20 years older than them, because that means when one of them was a newborn, the other one was 20 and in college. That makes me uncomfortable lol

(I’m still a teenager, though, so right now I would date someone who is one year older or younger max)

2 Likes

Anything over 5 years would start to feel weird for me. We would have grown up in different time periods essentially if it were more than that.

I know some people who have a larger age gap and it works for them. I think it depends a lot on maturity level and personality. If someone is older but more immature or younger but more mature I could see it working alright.

1 Like

It would depend on my age. Like right now I’m a teen so my limit is like 2 years. I don’t think it’s weird if it’s a 30-year-old with a 40-year old or a 55-year-old with a 75- year old for example. Depends on the couple.

1 Like

I’m a teen. 2 year difference MAX. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Atm, i’m a teenager so it would be a bit weird if i date someone so much as 3 years older than me so i would only date someone 2years older max. But when im an adult, it would be 5 years max.

Generally, my rule is that if one person had reached puberty before the other was born, that âge gap is too big. But it’s all down to personal opinion. I’m 20 so that means I’d date mid 30s at the absolute max (although I tend to go for early 20s because at this âge the most important thing to me is finding someone who is at a similar stage of life to me and I actually think this could be more important than age).

1 Like

I’m still a teenager. I don’t think I’d date anyone more than a year younger than me or more than six years older than me.

Obviously this should be relative to age. 13/18 is off limits, 23/28 okay and no one cares about 63/68. A general rule you see often is x/2+7, so the younger partner should be at least sever years older than half the older partner’s age. I think that’s quite clever. It also means you can’t date before 14, because then you’d both be too young for each other (guess who still did that :upside_down_face: ).

In practice I don’t know if I’d really listen to that. Everyone I’ve been with was within a year of my own age, but if I were interested in someone who isn’t, it would probably matter more where we are in our lives and what we want from the relationship etc.

2 Likes

I mean, I guess if both/all partners are of age and can consent, then whatever floats their boats…and on that note, the age really does matter. If I say, a four year age difference, that doesn’t seem like much until I throw in the detail of it being 14 and 18. Big difference there.

I would find it hard to date a person more than maybe 5 years older than myself or more than maybe 2 years younger than myself. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is 5 months older than me and I love that we can relate on so many levels. On the other hand, my mom was 16 years younger than my former step-father. They had NOTHING in common. He got his driver’s license before she was born! He grew up in a different world. His friends were too old but hers were too young. His tastes in music/media vastly differed from hers. They could hardly even agree on a name for my sister because of it! Their marriage didn’t work out. She married someone roughly her age and his happier now. I learned a lot from that.

3 Likes