What is the male equivalent of Elisabeth?

@ciottolo - I don’t really need one, I suppose. I just figured it was a wee bit more personal. You reply to enough of my threads, haha, and I know so many other people’s names, so I just figured it’d be easier. I can understand trying out names, though. [name_f]Lin[/name_f], hmm? I’ve been trying out [name_f]Lise[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] lately. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] looks a bit less harsh, but I feel like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] in the middle is just odd. It creates a weird flow–in its appearance, not necessarily in it’s sound. Besides, [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] sort of flows into [name_m]Roberts[/name_m]. Which isn’t my actual surname, but close enough that it proves my point. :slight_smile: I’m adding it as a contender, though! For some reason I really like it. The “Z” and “X” back to back is kind of weird, but I still sort of like it.

@mamamags71 - I’m glad you like it! It’s one of my favorites, too. Along with the [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] combos. I’m still tossing around [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m], too, if I can find a full combo I like…

Oh dear, I just reread my post and it sounds like I really don’t want you to call me anything else apart from @ciottolo, which is not what I meant at all! Sorry, I put it rudely (this Internet thingy is so darn difficult with tone and stuff, eurgh) - actually, [name_f]Lin[/name_f] is my ‘real’ name, in that it’s a nickname I sometimes use in real life but want to use more. So I would like it if you called me that, and @ciottolo is such a mouthful (you have no idea how long it takes me to log into my own account sometimes, haha) But [name_f]Lise[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] are lovely (especially [name_f]Lise[/name_f], it’s so elegant). [name_f]Lin[/name_f]'s a bit dated, now I think about it… I’m not a [name_f]Linda[/name_f] or a [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] but it sounds like I am. Hmm, I might have to be a little more adventurous with the whole name trying out thing - just don’t be alarmed if a mysterious ‘Conchobarrisia’ comments on a future post :wink: Now that would be tricky to type out again and again, copy and paste might have to come into it somewhere.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] though.

hahaha, it’s fine. Some people are very private about their actual name on the Internet, though, and I thought you might be one of them. (If you’re a [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] I’m super jealous!) [name_f]Lin[/name_f] is much more interesting than [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], anyhow. :slight_smile: I tried out [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] at work, when I thought I had lost my actual nametag. When customers kept coming up to my manager and going on and on for nearly half an hour about how good a worker “[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]” was, and how good her panini are, I figured I should go back to being [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], haha. Besides, I got tired of the facetious [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] jokes I kept getting. I’ve toyed around with changing my name for years, and still like the idea of a pseudonym if I ever get published, and I feel like [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] really suits me, but none of my coworkers got it. (With the exception of two blessed little souls, haha.) I think they just thought it was really dumb and pretentious. Or even that I just decided to use a British/English name to go around with the British accent I go around talking to customers in (hey, I work in a sandwich shoppe. And I’m a wee bit of an anglophile. I need something to pass the time!). But really, I’ve been thinking about whether [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] would suit me for over a year now (along with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]). And [name_f]Lise[/name_f] I just figured I could get from my actual name the “lee” part from [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], and the “S” from my surname. [name_m]Hence[/name_m], [name_f]Lise[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Lise[/name_f] suits me pretty well. I am actually thinking about making the switch, but I’m afraid people would think I’m pretentious there, too. :confused:

I’m thinking about creating a new post with a poll. As soon as I find some options I like with [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] ____/[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] _____ [name_m]William[/name_m], and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] ____. I’m pretty happy with my [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] combinations…

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_u]Campbell[/name_u]? I was thinking I like [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_u]Cameron[/name_u], but Boaz______ [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is so adorable, and sophisticated, at the same time. [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] unfortunately doesn’t fit that spot, what with the ‘n’ ending in [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I also thought [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], but again, the flow is off because of the ‘n’. Have you/would you ever consider [name_m]Carmichael[/name_m]? [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Carmichael[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]? I have also thought of [name_m]Cavanaugh[/name_m] for that middle spot, and [name_m]Cadoc[/name_m], except that last one’s a two syllable name. :frowning:
Is it just me, or does [name_m]Adolphe[/name_m]/[name_m]Adolph[/name_m]/[name_m]Adolf[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] sound really adorable? And it would sound great on a grown man, too. Still, that stinking two syllable thing! It’s too bad, 'cause it appears that two syllable names sound really good in that middle spot, there. WDYT of [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Amedeus[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]? [name_u]Averill[/name_u]?

The everyday sandwich shop folk just don’t get names, clearly (by the way, did you mean to spell it shoppe? Is it like a Ye Olde Sandwiche Shoppe? Because I very much want to come and get a medieval sandwich from there. And if it was just a mistake (don’t get me started on dratted keyboards and the like) and so it doesn’t exist, it should. [name_m]Just[/name_m] saying.) I’m unfortunately not a [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], how cool would that be? [name_f]Lin[/name_f] is a nickname derived from my middle name, so it doesn’t come intuitively (which is another way of saying I have to basically force people into calling me that… That coupled with the fact that I change my mind regularly over what nickname to go by, I’m rather irritating to address at all.) [name_f]Lise[/name_f] sounds plausible, I’m sure you could get away with it - might involve a slight manual adjustment of the nametag with a black Sharpie (permanent marker? You might not have Sharpies in [name_u]America[/name_u]?) but it would be well worth it.

Ooh, I love a good poll. I just made one myself actually (came out as a blatant thread-pushing statement but wasn’t intended that way, promise!) At some point, I would love to see all of your combinations in full - I spend far too much time trying to remember each one from those you have already mentioned in previous posts. In a total non-creepy/stalkerish way, of course.

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] is cool! Are you wanting one or two middles? Some suggestions…

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m]

…good luck!

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is the male equivalent of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. They have the same number of syllables and both have a “z” sound in the middle. But my favorite of the fill in the blank option is. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]? [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is mainstream enough most people don’t think Bible so I wouldn’t worry about it with [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] coming across as too many Bible names. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]? [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]? For some reason I really like [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] with [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]. As far as non-[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] combos I really like [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] (and [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]). [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] is also dashing. . . or [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Casper[/name_m]?

@[name_f]Lin[/name_f] - ha, no. No typo. That was just me being dumb. I kind of sort of thought “shoppe” was the British way to spell shop, haha. (oops!) It’s still a fairly common thing to see a strip mall here being called “the Shoppes at [insert place name]” or whatever. It seems quaint and British, haha. I use theatre and centre, too. Are those British spellings? Or just like shoppe? It would be totally cool to have a quaint “ye olde sandwiche shoppe” though! Nah, I just work at a rich people’s fast food chain here, haha. It paid better than my old job, and with all my student loans, I needed something that paid better. I have my degree, but can’t find a job in my field yet.

@curlyjedi - two. I do two middles. :slight_smile: I’m thinking one of the middles will likely be [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_u]Gray[/name_u] (a family name), [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], or [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

As for [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], I like it a lot, but I already have [name_m]Zane[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] on my list, and I’m not sure I want to repeat. Plus, I think I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] paired with [name_m]Zane[/name_m] more than [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]. Plus, while [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] shares many of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]/[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]'s qualities–sensitive, smart, classic, regal, charming, eloquent, classy, a “nice classic” on the surface, but when you give it a second look, you notice its quirk and charm–but it doesn’t have [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]'s softness, for me. I think it would very much be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]'s equal, but not so much [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]'s. Not like [name_m]Henry[/name_m], for me, anyway. Which stands up to [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] perfectly in every way.

@averelladavina - I’ve considered [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]/[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], but there’s that two-two-two syllable thing again. For that reason, I’ve considered [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]/[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], but I just don’t like it as much. Besides, I’m very happy with [name_m]Zane[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading this thread, as an [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] myself :slight_smile: I do agree with the sentiments that have been expressed about my name - love the z rather than the s (although I do wish people wouldn’t assume there’s a z, and that the name wasn’t so darn long!).

Also, I’m currently trying to pluck up the bravery to use [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] as a mn for our baby (should it be a boy) due in [name_f]May[/name_f], for the same reasons you’ve talked about (bascially it’s just a really cool name!), so I enjoyed this thread even more!

I would say [name_m]Eli[/name_m] or [name_u]Elias[/name_u] are male alternates to [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f].
They are aesthetically similar, they both have a meaning directly related to God, are both bible names and have consistently been in the top 1000 for as long as the list has existed.