What is the most unique name you've heard?

Ecco. It’s a Greek boy’s name.

[name]Marbella[/name] is a popular tourist destination in Spain, pronounced [name]Mar[/name]-[name]BAY[/name]-uh![/quote]

I was going to say that!! :slight_smile:

[name]Tola[/name] was a kid I went to high school with.

Probably the most unusual name among my associates is Uvence (female), about age 28.

Less drastic, but still unusual… last month, I came across a 6th-grade girl at my daughter’s elementary school whose FORMAL name is the double name “[name]Louie[/name] [name]Bella[/name].” When I saw her name in writing and first heard it, I did not like it AT ALL. I felt sorry for her on account of her name. This girl was cute, smart, and confident as she gave a speech to a group at an assembly. She pulled it off so well – and after hearing her name mentioned over and over that day – I actually began to warm up to it. It’s still not my style, but, oddly, after thinking it was a totally awkward name, it began to sound rather natural and kind of pretty to me.

I worked with a [name]Feather[/name] once. It’s not that bad of a name, but I felt bad constantly hearing her have to repeat it to people. As in, “No, not heather, [name]FEATHER[/name].” Keep that in mind when giving your kid an unusual name that rhymes with a much more popular name.

Some of the names posted here are not that unusual where I come from;

[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Sian[/name]
[name]Saoirse[/name] (but I can see how this unique to some people)

I met a girl the other day whose name was Happiness. She launched right into an explanation before anyone even said anything; I’m guessing she gets it every time.

Lately, I’ve come across [name]Azalea[/name] ([name]Ah[/name]-zay-lee-yuh) I think it’s gorgeus! I also love Rhyker.

knew a [name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Violet[/name] and an [name]Epiphany[/name]

I once worked with a woman called [name]Lovely[/name] Bedi and yes, believe it or not, that was her real name. It was around the time that the US TV show “Ugly [name]Betty[/name]” was getting a lot of press coverage so we all had to be careful not to mix the two names up. She wasn’t well-liked so it was so tempting…I know, I’m awful!