What is the saddest movie out there?

Obviously, I don’t want to be sad (although sometimes it does feel good to have a cry) but I’m just curious what you guys think is the saddest movie you’ve ever seen?

For me, it is hands down The Notebook. I saw it when I was 11 (which is pretty young for that movie in my opinion) with my sisters (they were 14 & 16, I think) and I loved that movie because I love romance and movies that are set in a different time period but oh my goodness did I cry!!! [name_f]My[/name_f] eyes were still puffy like the next night from crying, but… either way that is still probably my 4th favorite movie.

3 Likes

Honestly, The Exorcist. I know it’s a horror movie but it just made me feel so sad, the whole mom helplessly watching her daughter deteriorate plot.

2 Likes

There are a few that really resonated with me:

• The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
  • Titanic
  • 5 Feet apart
  • Dead Poets Society
  • Sophie’s Choice
  • All The [name_u]Bright[/name_u] Places*

*I haven’t actually watched this film but I have read the book multiple time (and of course cried multiple times) and I know there is a film of it now with [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Fanning staring in it which a presume is also very sad.

3 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

The Notebook gets me every time (and basically all the [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] Sparks books / films).

I remember finding Atonement very sad. Also watched Our [name_u]Friend[/name_u] the other day on prime and that was :cry:

Oh and the beginning of Up! :sob:

3 Likes

1 Like

I’m a cryer lol, but I also loved The Notebook!.. Other movies that I will never forget are:

• The [name_u]Day[/name_u] [name_u]Will[/name_u] Come
  • About Time
  • Atonement
  • Schindler’s List
  • The Pianist
  • The [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] Bones
  • A Walk to [name_f]Remember[/name_f]
  • Flowers in the Attic
  • Becoming [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
  • [name_f]My[/name_f] Sister’s Keeper

All the dying dog movies. Oh, I can’t watch them!

1 Like

All the bright places, i cry so hard every time i watch it.

1 Like

Dead poets society was crushing… I wouldn’t call it sad exactly… more like completely depressing and soul destroying.

1 Like

One day always makes me cry
Titanic, suffragette, pieces of a woman, my girl, Schindler’s list, never let me go

Agree with my sister’s keeper, Atonement, dead poets society

For me The Notebook isn’t sad, I really like the ending, I find it happy.

2 Likes

I forgot about The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, that was a tear-jerker for sure!

I agree with Schindler’s List definitely and also possible a more obscure one but Hotel Rwanda was very sad.

1 Like

Titanic was really sad. I haven’t seen it in years but I remember me and the friends I was watching it with all crying. Other than that idk off the top of my head

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

toy story - the entire scene of Jesse’s story where ‘when she loved me’ plays. 5 year old me would cry every time we were watching it :sob:

oh also the impossible!

3 Likes

Ahhhhhh :sob::sob: I cried when I saw that too

1 Like

I always found the [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m] sad for some reason :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I agree with many said above but I would like to add the latest how to train your dragon and the fault in our stars. I hyperventilated in the theater during TFIOS and cried for 2 hours after the movie ended when I saw it the first time.

3 Likes

Rabbit proof fence.

[name_u]Jojo[/name_u] rabbit (at times)

1 Like