What is the saddest movie out there?

Any movie where the dog dies. All of them.

3 Likes

Yes why did I never think of that those are definitely the saddest movies!

1 Like

“My Teacher Octopus”. About a diver and his 1-year friendship with the octopus. It was super touchy!

1 Like

One I haven’t seen listed is [name_m]Bridge[/name_m] to Terabithia. [name_f]My[/name_f] goodness, that one made me weep for ages.

Bastard Out of [name_f]Carolina[/name_f].
Small Sacrifices.

[name_u]Fox[/name_u] and the Hound always gets me, too.

1 Like

:sob::sob:

1 Like

The fault in our stars? ( [name_f]May[/name_f] have got this wrong) literally so depressing!
[name_f]Bambi[/name_f]!
And the Godfather part 3

1 Like

Couldn’t even finish Pieces of a Woman. Only watched like 45 mins of it and was a wreck for days.

Cried about 10000 separate times during The Help. [name_f]Every[/name_f] time I would calm down, it would get me again!

And [name_u]Coco[/name_u]. It doesn’t end in a sad way, just the message of the dead disappearing when they are forgotten made me weep.

1 Like

[name_f]Philomena[/name_f]. I knew [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_u]Reagan[/name_u].
[name_u]Philadelphia[/name_u]
Letter from an [name_u]Unknown[/name_u] Woman
How [name_u]Green[/name_u] is my [name_f]Valley[/name_f]
Pan’s Labyrinth
Rabbit Hole
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]

2 Likes

I forgot about coco! That was definitely a tear-jerker!

okay okay okay! I have this answer!! Grave of the Fireflies by Studio Ghibli, you simply can’t watch it without tearing up!

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

EXACTLY like that!

Rabbit Proof Fence
[name_u]Maria[/name_u] Full of [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
Titanic
[name_f]Girl[/name_f], Interrupted
[name_u]Marley[/name_u] & Me

For me it’s:

The [name_u]Green[/name_u] Mile
[name_f]Amy[/name_f] & [name_m]Jaguar[/name_m]

I almost never cry in movies, but Hotel Rwanda really got to me

2 Likes

It’s not a movie, but the final episode of How I Met Your Mother really gets to me, partly because I hate it (that’s a rant for another day) but also because it’s so sad. For movies, I always cry at [name_u]Les[/name_u] Misérables, Schindler’s List, Manchester by the [name_u]Sea[/name_u] and any version of [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. Also the final episode of season 2 Fleabag… (I cry at a lot of things)

3 Likes

The red coat scene in Schindler’s List always makes me tear up.

1 Like

So many come to mind.
– Pixar movies. They’re all very nostalgic for me but some of the overall tones of loss and grief are too sad. The ones that take the cake for this are Up, Inside Out, and Finding [name_m]Nemo[/name_m]. With an honorable mention going to all of the toys getting left by College [name_u]Andy[/name_u] at the end of [name_m]Toy[/name_m] [name_u]Story[/name_u] 3.
– [name_u]Love[/name_u] stories. The Notebook truly traumatized me in ways I cannot explain. I have never cried longer. As well as another fitting [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] Gosling movie, La La [name_u]Land[/name_u].
– Animal Movies. Whether it’s [name_u]Marley[/name_u] & Me or [name_f]Hachi[/name_f], animal movies just aren’t for me, as they most always end in tragedy.

2 Likes

Sarah’s Key ~ just don’t even watch it, it’s that heartbreaking.
Eye in the [name_u]Sky[/name_u] ~ great film, achingly sad ending.
A [name_f]Star[/name_f] is [name_m]Born[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Little[/name_m] prince
Inside out…… I actually sobbed… and ITS NOT EVEN THAT SAD… but that toy that gets stuck…… noooooooo!

1 Like