What is this child named?

Please help me find a name for my second daughter. She is 2 months old and like [name]Winter[/name] (unnamed 13 month old) I am suffering. I think it’s the hormones, lack of sleep and stress. She looks just like her big sister so I will describe her image and you can tell me what name you imagine. Picture a curly blond haired, blue eyed 3 year old, slightly tomboyish but will only wear dresses. She wears her hair in braids and is a smart, happy child. I don’t like old fashioned names. thanks so much!!

What a sweet little girl - or girls - you have! Going completely on the description, and not knowing what big sis is called, here are my suggestions.

1. [name]Juliet[/name] - [name]Juliet[/name] is an English name meaning “youthful.” It has a fresher, more modern sound than its cousin, [name]Julia[/name], yet the name is full of history. Though people are quick to think of [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s lovesick heroine in [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], I see [name]Juliet[/name] as a playful, strong, independent character. She is sweet and sassy, yet eager to please. She is creative and intelligent, stubborn and proud. [name]Juliet[/name] has the spunky [name]Jules[/name] nickname, too!

2. [name]Heidi[/name] - Your description of a sweet blond with braids immediately made me think of [name]Heidi[/name]! [name]Heidi[/name] is a [name]German[/name] name meaning “of noble kin” - sounds good, right? In addition to the typical [name]German[/name] stereotype, I see a character like TV personality and model [name]Heidi[/name] Klum, personable and cheery, sensible and chic. She’s pretty, yet playful, strong, yet solemn. [name]Heidi[/name] is a carefree name that can take a little girl from infancy to old age with ease, and it isn’t one you come by too often. [name]Heidi[/name] is also a diminutive of [name]Adelheid[/name] ([name]Adelaide[/name]), should you choose a more vintage name.

3. [name]Kaia[/name] - [name]Kaia[/name] is a Scandinavian name meaning “pure,” and that is just what I think of when I hear your daughter’s description. A sweet, fair-skinned, light-haired child with a big smile on her face is [name]Kaia[/name]. [name]Kaia[/name] is a spunky, fresh name with a lot of personality. It is feminine, but not frilly, so it is suitable for a girly girl or a tomboy, or a mix of the two. [name]Kaia[/name] is clever and sassy, independent and sociable, and I imagine her being a bit stubborn, too, perhaps standing with her hand on her hip telling her mommy off. Ha!

I like to start off with just three names, to see how things go. Let me know what you think, and hang in there! We are here to help you.

Good luck, and take care. :slight_smile:

What is your older daughter’s name?

[name]Brooke[/name]. And I am looking for what I picture as an All American girl’s name. Not too girly and not too manly if that makes any sense! Thanks so much!

[name]Lemon[/name], Thanks, [name]Kaia[/name] is not my type. I like [name]Heidi[/name] and will think about that one. [name]Juliet[/name] worries me because of [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] but I will think about that one too.

What is her name now?

You might also like [name]Autumn[/name], [name]Arden[/name], [name]Delaney[/name], [name]Farrah[/name], [name]Haley[/name], or [name]Rowan[/name]. [name]Jenna[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Lara[/name], and [name]Cara[/name] would be nice with [name]Brooke[/name], too!

[name]Brooke[/name] and…

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Emlyn[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Grier[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jolie[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Willow[/name], but it’s matchy with [name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]

Watch out for [name]Heidi[/name]. It’s cute, but very dated. It’s time will come again, I’m sure.

I don’t think [name]Heidi[/name] is that dated. It’s no [name]Beulah[/name], or [name]Barbara[/name], for that matter. And, there is that young reality star named [name]Heidi[/name] that I’ve seen so much in the news lately…

I’m so sorry! I hope you can find a name soon!
Here are my suggestions:
[name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Kirby[/name]

what is your other daughters name? we can suggest names that’s your style from her name.

It’s dated to me because I knew Heidis when I was young. But maybe younger moms and moms-to-be haven’t heard of so many Heidis. For me, the biggest problem with [name]Heidi[/name] is that everyone thinks of the little Swiss girl and nothing else. Look up [name]Heidi[/name] on “check out a name”. [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong - I love the book “[name]Heidi[/name]” and have read it many times. But I think when you name someone a name that’s connected to a stereotype, it sets the person up for a lot of annoyances. Plus, what are you going to name [name]Heidi[/name]'s siblings? You kind of paint yourself into a corner.

Yes, I think [name]Heidi[/name] is too risky. I don’t like that reality show girl with the same name.

When you think of the All American blond girl what names do you think of?
Thank you all so much!

[name]Brooke[/name]

[name]Brooke[/name] and…

[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Callie[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Regan[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Elise[/name]

do you think that the name [name]Elle[/name] needs a longer “official” name? What do you think of the name [name]Morgan[/name]?

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Adelheid[/name]?) nicknamed [name]Heidi[/name] could work.

You might like:

[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Ocean[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Ella[/name] (nicknamed [name]Elle[/name])

I don’t think [name]Elle[/name] needs a longer name, particularly with sister [name]Brooke[/name].

I love [name]Ella[/name], but it’s so popular. [name]Elodie[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name] are pretty, but they’re more exotic-sounding. It could also work for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Elle[/name] would be pretty cute together, though!

And I like [name]Morgan[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t love it, it’s starting to sound a little dated. [name]Every[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] I know is my age or older. Definitely fits your description.

Okay - so [name]Heidi[/name] is too risky. I don’t like the reality star, either. I just thought [name]Heidi[/name] was a quirky, comfy name for a little blond.

So, when I think of an All-American blond girl, I think of:

[name]Amy[/name]
[name]Becca[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Farrah[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Jody[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Megan[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Tess/name
[name]Willa[/name]

Like any? I think most sound great with big sis [name]Brooke[/name]!

With [name]Brooke[/name], I can picture:

[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Alexa[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name] nn [name]Becca[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] nn [name]Lou[/name]/[name]Lulu[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] nn [name]Bea[/name]/[name]Bee[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]

Good luck and I hope you find the perfect name soon :-)!!!

I know a little girl who matches your description exactly! She’s a [name]Charlotte[/name] who goes by [name]Charlie[/name].