[name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Katie[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Addison[/name]

“Like [name]Winter[/name] I am suffering”

Name her [name]Winter[/name] that’s adorable.

Thank you all so much for your time! I am studying the lists…
Of the following names can you tell me the pluses and minuses of each name?

[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]

Thanks!!

thanks justthinkin, do you mind me asking how old you are? I have always loved [name]Elle[/name] so I’m glad for that suggestion, my worry on that is that I feel like I need a longer name for it and [name]Elizabeth[/name] is my cousins name (who Lives far away and I never see anyway but it still might bother me). But [name]Elle[/name] is on my list…

[name]Morgan[/name]: I can see [name]Brooke[/name] with [name]Morgan[/name], but at the same time, I think I can better see something more feminine than [name]Morgan[/name] with [name]Brooke[/name] (even a more feminine sounding unisex name).

[name]Lily[/name]: The only drawback I can think of is its popularity, but I think it’s gorgeous!

[name]Reese[/name]: I can see [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Reese[/name]…

[name]Addison[/name]: [name]Addison[/name] is very popular (#12), and also the name of a horrible adrenal disease ([name]Addison[/name]'s Disease), so I like some of the others more…

[name]Grace[/name]: I think it’s a beautiful name (popular, though, which may or may not be an issue for you).
[name]Elle[/name]: I think this is pretty…

[name]Paige[/name]: I can totally see [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] together!

I’m voting for [name]Paige[/name] with [name]Brooke[/name]! :slight_smile: [name]Both[/name] names have the same modern feel to me…

Some more I can see with [name]Brooke[/name] (and I’m really sorry for repeats…I couldn’t remember everyone’s suggestions):

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]

Good luck and take care! :slight_smile:

Before I read this I was going to suggest [name]Paige[/name]. I think [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] fit so well!

[name]Morgan[/name]: Feels a bit dated and I’m not a huge fan of unisex names even if more girls have this name than boys.

[name]Lily[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Lily[/name], but it is very popular!

[name]Reese[/name]: See [name]Morgan[/name].

[name]Addison[/name]: Can totally see with [name]Brooke[/name]. It is trendy though but the nn [name]Addie[/name] is really cute.

[name]Grace[/name]: This seems a bit too classic to go with [name]Brooke[/name]. But I think with the nn [name]Gracie[/name] is could work.

[name]Elle[/name]: Not really a fan. From your description of your other daughter, I see [name]Elle[/name] as being too ‘‘delicate’’ to be paired with [name]Brooke[/name].

[name]Paige[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this and it was the first name that came to mind.

Other names I see with [name]Brooke[/name] and have the all American girl feel are:

[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Marnie[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]/[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]April[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]

PLUSES AND MINUSES:

[name]Morgan[/name] - [name]Morgan[/name], like [name]Brooke[/name], is a unisex name, which is a plus. That being said, the latest [name]Morgan[/name] I met was a boy. I personally think [name]Morgan[/name] on a girl is a little dated - I know it was popular as a first name for girls in the 1990s (I’m almost 20…), which is a negative for me.

[name]Lily[/name] - [name]Lily[/name] is simple, sweet and elegant, which is positive. However, [name]Lily[/name] is very popular, which is negative. [name]Lily[/name] is also considerable more feminine than [name]Brooke[/name], which I personally don’t think is ideal.

[name]Reese[/name] - [name]Reese[/name] has the benefit of being linked to the sassy and smart actress, [name]Reese[/name] Witherspoon, which I take as a positive (but I guess it could be swung as a negative, too). Also, [name]Reese[/name] is unusual and interesting without being weird or unpronounceable - another plus. [name]Reese[/name] is a unisex name with a feminine flair, like [name]Brooke[/name], another positive.

[name]Addison[/name] - [name]Addison[/name] is trendy, which is a huge negative for me. [name]Addison[/name] is very popular, another negative. [name]Addison[/name] can be shortened to [name]Addie[/name], which is don’t really care for, personally. [name]Addison[/name] has [name]SON[/name] in it, which makes it seem masculine. But, [name]Addison[/name] is a unisex name like [name]Brooke[/name], which is positive.

[name]Grace[/name] - [name]Grace[/name] is a simple classic, which is a plus. However, [name]Grace[/name] is a feminine classic, which, when paired with the unisex, modern [name]Brooke[/name], is a negative.

[name]Elle[/name] - [name]Elle[/name] is simple and sweet without being overly popular like [name]Ella[/name], which is positive. [name]Elle[/name] is feminine yet understated, another positive. However, [name]Elle[/name] carries a bit of a ditzy image in my opinion, which can be a negative. And, [name]Elle[/name] looks a bit incomplete, which is a negative.

[name]Paige[/name] - [name]Paige[/name] is simple, sassy, spunky, and feminine - all positives. [name]Paige[/name] isn’t frilly, so it works with the unisex [name]Brooke[/name].

Your best bets are [name]Reese[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] in my opinion.

I would eliminate [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Grace[/name], and [name]Elle[/name] - well, I’d definitely eliminate [name]Addison[/name], too, personally, but that would leave you with just [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Reese[/name]!

Good luck!

You are both so helpful, your thoughtful analysis helps so much! [name]May[/name] I add two names to the pluses and minuses mix?
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Alexa[/name]

Also I want my child to love her name so would you also be happy yourself to have the name?

Of course! This is fun! :slight_smile:

[name]Sophie[/name]: I think it’s a great name, but I can’t really see [name]Sophie[/name] with [name]Brooke[/name], because their styles are so different. I’m not sure if it’s an issue for you, but [name]Sophie[/name] is very, very popular, both as a name in and of itself, and as a nickname for [name]Sophia[/name], which is also super popular. I know of at least 13 little Sophies/Sophias, so it doesn’t feel as fresh to me as some other names. I love [name]Sophie[/name] so much, though…

[name]Alexa[/name]: I can better see [name]Alexa[/name] with [name]Brooke[/name] than I can [name]Sophie[/name] with [name]Brooke[/name]. [name]Alexa[/name] feels modern to me like [name]Brooke[/name], and even though [name]Alexa[/name] has a more feminine sound, [name]Brooke[/name] sounds way more feminine than masculine to me, so I can see [name]Alexa[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name] together. (If I heard of siblings named [name]Alexa[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name], I would automatically assume both were girls.) [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] had positive things to say about [name]Alexa[/name]…[name]Alexis[/name] feels dated to me, but not [name]Alexa[/name].

[name]Brooke[/name] is #52 in popularity and [name]Alexa[/name] is #50, so they’re well-matched to me, even in that respect.

So, between [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Alexa[/name], I can better see [name]Alexa[/name] with [name]Brooke[/name].

What about [name]Alexa[/name] [name]Paige[/name]?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Sophie[/name] is very popular, which is a negative. Also, it is more feminine and playful than [name]Brooke[/name] - another negative. [name]Sophie[/name] is cute and spunky, though, which is good!

[name]Alexa[/name] seems a bit dated, as I knew plenty growing up in the 1990s - negative. It is feminine, unlike unisex [name]Brooke[/name] - another downside. [name]Alexis[/name] might be a better option.

I would be happy if my name were [name]Paige[/name] or [name]Reese[/name], personally. [name]Paige[/name] is a comfortable name, befitting of a tomboy or girly girl, and it is really sweet. It is familiar without being overused. [name]Reese[/name] is cool and original, and it sounds sweet and feminine without being frilly. Either of those are ideal in my opinion, perhaps paired with a more feminine middle name. What is [name]Brooke[/name]'s middle name?

Good luck!

Here are a few names.

[name]Rosalind[/name] - [name]Rosalind[/name] is so lovely, and I always picture a beautiful blonde woman or, now, blonde little girl. It’s probably because of [name]Rosalie[/name]. I imagine her to be strong, even if a bit arrogant, but still rather girly in a moderate way. Like she can take care of herself, but she’s still cool with being dressy or playing dress up.

[name]Claudia[/name] - Partly due to the beautiful little [name]Claudia[/name] in Interview with the Vampire, I’ve always imagined a blonde woman or girl, and sometimes a beautiful dark-headed [name]Roman[/name] woman. It seems strong and gorgeous to me, whilst a sort of spunky feeling to it, not to mention that it’s timeless to me.

[name]Juliet[/name] - [name]Juliet[/name] is beautiful. Period. It’s stylish and always makes me think of the gorgeous, honey-blonde [name]Juliet[/name] from [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], and I think that leaves it with beauty, romance, and ultimately tragedy. I just love it, and I think it works perfectly on a sweet, blonde little girl.

[name]Gabrielle[/name] - I’ve always imagined a really strong blonde woman for [name]Gabrielle[/name]. It’s lovely, even if common, and there’s really not a lot more to say about it.

[name]Just[/name] thought I’d put in my vote for [name]Brooke[/name]'s sister’s name. I vote for [name]Paige[/name] or [name]Alexa[/name]. I think they’re both perfect! I would personally be happy if my name was [name]Paige[/name] - I’ve always liked the name. I also love the suggestion another poster made of, [name]Alexa[/name] [name]Paige[/name]! [name]Brooke[/name] ____ and [name]Alexa[/name] [name]Paige[/name] - absolutely addorable!!! :slight_smile:
Good luck!

I like the name [name]Laurel[/name] with [name]Brooke[/name]. I actually love the name [name]Heidi[/name], as mentioned way earlier. The only reality star I know with [name]Heidi[/name] is the beautiful supermodel [name]Heidi[/name] Klum- Mother of 4, fashionista and very sucessful [name]German[/name] blonde w blue eyes. I would be honored to have such a name association. Anywho- [name]Hope[/name] all goes well with your name hunt. :slight_smile:

I actually went to school with a girl named [name]Brooke[/name] and her little sister was [name]Paige[/name]. They were not my favorite people in the world, but they had good names! So, I think that [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] are an excellent sib set. However, I love the suggestion of [name]Alexa[/name] [name]Paige[/name] and my vote would go for that name!

[name]Courtney[/name], is that your name? I love your idea of [name]Brooke[/name] and [name]Laurel[/name]. It is brilliant!

I think that [name]Paige[/name] is a perfect sibling name for [name]Brooke[/name].

I truly appreciate all of your help! One more name for feedback:

[name]Avery[/name]

I’m 15. [name]Morgan[/name] got pretty popular in the 90’s, but it wasn’t like [name]Ashley[/name] or [name]Emily[/name]. I think you could still use it without it jumping out as dated.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Eliza[/name]? I’m not a huge fan myself, but it’s another way you could get [name]Elle[/name] if you like [name]Elizabeth[/name].

[name]Eliza[/name], not a fan of, but thanks!
Let me ask you a weird question because I like the name [name]Morgan[/name] but I’m worried that it is unisex. Were the girls you know named [name]Morgan[/name] feminine? Did you ever know if they liked their name? Thanks

I’m 15. [name]Morgan[/name] got pretty popular in the 90’s, but it wasn’t like [name]Ashley[/name] or [name]Emily[/name]. I think you could still use it without it jumping out as dated.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Eliza[/name]? I’m not a huge fan myself, but it’s another way you could get [name]Elle[/name] if you like [name]Elizabeth[/name].[/quote]

I do know of one boy named [name]Morgan[/name], the rest are girls. When I was younger I always thought he had a girls’ name and I wondered why. I don’t think it’s too unisex, especially with sister [name]Brooke[/name].

What do you think of [name]Emery[/name]? It reminds me of [name]Avery[/name], but less popular.