What is your all time favorite movie?

Mine is The [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] of [name_m]Oz[/name_m], what’s yours?

2 Likes

Oh my - just one?!

Its got to be something directed by [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Hughes[/name_m] (The Breakfast Club, [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] Bueller’s day off) or [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] [name_m]Tarantino[/name_m] (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs)!

But some runners up would be White Chicks (gp film :joy:) & Rat [name_m]Race[/name_m] (just v funny).

But I also love old films or any film [name_u]Gene[/name_u] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] is in (Singin’ in the rain, An American in [name_u]Paris[/name_u], On the Town).

Plus almost any [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] film ever.

Oops…we were meant to just pick one :joy:

3 Likes

Either [name_f]Banana[/name_f] Split or Legally Blonde.

2 Likes

Either Spider-Man:Homecoming or the Kingsman are my go to answer but I think my taste is evolving. I really like [name_m]Creed[/name_m] 2, [name_m]Edward[/name_m] Scissorhands and Pirates of the Caribbean as well.

1 Like

That’s a bit hard! Currently it’s Home Alone, but that may change.

1 Like

Dead Poets Society and Pride & Prejudice 2005 tie :slight_smile:

Others that rank high on my list (not in any order):
Annie 1982
Little Women 2019
Emma 2020
Swing Kids 1993
The Truman Show
Stranger Than Fiction
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Sense & Sensibility 1995
Titanic

(I added dates for the movies that have tons of remakes for specification)

2 Likes

[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]!

1 Like

the parent trap (1998) & annie (1982) are tied for my favorite. i also LOVE legally blonde, sound of music, & any mcu movie

1 Like

tie between The Lost Boys and The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings trilogy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

close runner ups:
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] Scissorhands
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Bueller[/name_m]
The Breakfast Club
Hook
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
The Goonies
Beetlejuice
Scream 1-4
The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f]
[name_m]Troy[/name_m]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
The Neverending [name_u]Story[/name_u]
Cry [name_u]Baby[/name_u]
Trick r [name_m]Treat[/name_m]
[name_f]Eternal[/name_f] [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] of the Spotless Mind
The Outsiders
Phantasm

honestly, I’m forgetting a lot of my favorites :sweat_smile: I have a bad headache, and these are just what came to mind! I may have to come back if I remember some important ones!!

2 Likes

I love Legally Blonde!
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] Bueller’s day off is my all time favorite though.

2 Likes

Gosh this is hard. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are between Knives Out and the Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f].

Which are quite stylistically different lol, but they both are important to me

1 Like

Pirates of the Caribbean! (The first one.)

2 Likes

the polar express :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I also like the proposal! I don’t really watch movies, though lol

4 Likes

It’s a tie between Bringing Up [name_u]Baby[/name_u], [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] in Connecticut, You Can’t Take it With You, The Trouble With [name_u]Harry[/name_u] and [name_u]Shadow[/name_u] of a Doubt. Total classics. Oops and Desk [name_m]Set[/name_m].

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] list goes like this:

· The [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] movies

[name_f]Every[/name_f] time I watch these movies, I just feel so comforted - it’s like coming home.

· [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women (2019)

I loved so many things about this movie - the soundtrack, aesthetic, costumes, Saorise Ronan’s impeccable acting. It’s just perfect.

· Frozen

I used to be obsessed with Frozen when I was around 7. I had Frozen lunchboxes, dolls, notebooks, pens, pencils, duvets. So, watching this movie transports me back to that time.

· Beauty and the Beast (2017)

I LOVE [name_f]Belle[/name_f], and I personally think that [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_m]Watson[/name_m] did a great job potraying her. This movie was just very sweet and lovely.

· Legally Blonde

This movie never fails to make me laugh. I love [name_f]Elle[/name_f], she’s just…amazing.

1 Like

For me, picking just one is the easiest thing in the world. :rofl:

There is one movie that I love more than anything. One movie that I would literally name my firstborn son after the main character. One movie that makes me ball my eyes out, after watching it dozens upon dozens of times. One movie that I know like the back of my hand, and have researched the background of extensively.

Schindler’s List, directed by [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] Spielberg.

I have such a deep admiration and respect for Spielberg. He takes on incredibly difficult movie concepts and turns them into artwork. With Schindler’s List being based on a true story and all, it would have been so easy to get it all wrong, but Spielberg got it all perfect. [name_u]Liam[/name_u] [name_m]Neeson[/name_m] earned so much of my respect playing [name_m]Oskar[/name_m] Schindler in this film.

If you have not seen Schindler’s List, it’s R16 I believe but so worth the watch if you are in the right headspace to take in the intense topic.

TW: Holocaust, death, violence, mild gore, murder
CW: Sexual suggestions, profanity,

Spoiler free synopsis, copied/pasted from Wikipedia, sorry about all the links:

Schindler’s List is a 1993 American epic historical drama film directed and produced by Steven Spielberg and written by Steven Zaillian. It is based on the 1982 historical fiction novel Schindler’s Ark by Australian novelist Thomas Keneally. The film follows Oskar Schindler, a [name_m]German[/name_m] industrialist who together with his wife Emilie Schindler saved more than a thousand mostly Polish-Jewish refugees from the Holocaust by employing them in his factories during World War II. It stars Liam Neeson as Schindler, Ralph Fiennes as SS officer Amon Göth and Ben Kingsley as Schindler’s Jewish accountant Itzhak Stern.

1 Like

I can’t pick just one…
God’s own country (2017) is a very good candidate if you’d force me at gun point :wink:

Other favorites:

Joker
The wind that shakes the barley
Eyes wide open
The dark knight
There will be blood
The breakfast club (this one is basically pure nostalgia)
Apostasy

1 Like

I will try to keep my list short :rofl:

Dirty Dancing!
[name_f]Selena[/name_f]
The Help
Mean Girls
All The Avengers movies
All [name_u]Harry[/name_u] Potter’s
[name_m]Man[/name_m] in the [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
Titanic
Atonement (Where I fell in love with [name_u]James[/name_u] McAvoy)
Becoming [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
Pride & Prejudice
The Breakfast Club
Can’t Buy Me [name_u]Love[/name_u]
She’s All That
Cry [name_u]Baby[/name_u]
[name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_m]Driver[/name_m]
The Zoo Keeper’s Wife
Schindler’s List
The Boy In the Striped Pajamas
Fury
The [name_u]Green[/name_u] Mile
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m] Gump
The Notebook
A Walk to [name_f]Remember[/name_f]
The Devil Wears Prada
13 going on 30
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
[name_f]Princess[/name_f] Diaries
A [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_f]Princess[/name_f]
[name_f]Cinderella[/name_f] animated & [name_f]Live[/name_f] Action
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
The Parent Trap
The Sandlot
Big Fat Liar
About Time
Halloween horror series
The conjuring
Sinister
Insidious
Blood In, Blood Out
[name_u]Freedom[/name_u] Writers
Dangerous Minds
Grid [name_m]Iron[/name_m] Gang
[name_f]Remember[/name_f] the Titans

2 Likes

I love 10 things i hate about you !!
runner up is the impossible and every disney movie

also i recently watched dunkirk, and im in love so those. are my top three, because i cant pick just one.