What is your dumbest injury?

Falling off a slide for me

I was trying to get something from the back of a car and leaned against the exhaust pipe- burned a ring shape into my knee :roll_eyes: (luckily it’s faded almost completely since)

1 Like

Being hit by my brother’s shoe

No one knows why it was flying in the air :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Oh I was doing a domino challenge(like human domino challenge, I know, I’m dumb) and I was doing the handstand but my hand was on an unbalanced surface (someone’s ankle lol) and I fell onto the side of a slide so yea

2 Likes

Oh, so many.
Got a concussion in 4th grade while pretending to be a cat during kickball.
Bruised my thumb when a spoon fell out of my closet onto my hand
Did powerslides during a song and my knees got so bruised and swollen (I was offered knee pads but refused them) that I could barely walk home that night
Burned part of my face a few weeks ago when I took something hot out of the microwave, having read the heat warning before I put it in, dropped it on the counter because it was hot, and it splashed on my face
& many more

4 Likes

I have a scar on my leg from going up the down escalator at Nebraska Furniture [name_u]Mart[/name_u].

I danced for 15 years but the first major injury I got (a sprained foot) came from a rehearsal where I had to practice running behind the stage and my foot slipped off the back of the wood in the dance room.

I snapped my fingernail last week from opening a tub of ice cream.

2 Likes

Quite a few… I’ll list a couple from elementary school.

I broke my finger by accidentally hitting it into a wall, one of the scars on my forehead is from tripping into a bookshelf, and the other scar on my forehead is from being slammed into the wall during sports practice.

1 Like

I fractured a toe by stepping on a cat toy in the dark when I got up to pee and couldn’t be bothered to turn on the lights…

3 Likes

I have a scar on my foot that looks like a smiley face from standing on a plug, which I knew was there, when I was a child.

I also stubbed my toe several times on the windowsill in my last uni house. It was a really low windowsill and the blinds would get stuck a lot so I’d have to stand on the windowsill to reach. And no matter how much I focused on my foot placement so I wouldn’t stub my toe again, I would still managed to stub it. I eventually gave up with the blinds and just always kept them down because I was clearly incapable of adjusting them without injuring myself

1 Like

I ran into a chair and got 3 stitches :roll_eyes:

I kicked a wall while pretending to be a ninja in drama and had to wear a foot brace for 2 weeks :roll_eyes:

I slipped on a wet rubber bridge at the playground and getting a concussion (I remember being afraid of that happening, but my mom told me it wasn’t going to.) :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Trying to catch a ball flying at me and letting it break my finger instead :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I was playing catch with a fork… nothing more needs to be told

3 Likes

I got a concussion from trying to play leapfrog with a yoga ball.

3 Likes

I have two pretty dumb soccer/football injuries, both times there was no one even near me.

I once badly bruised my wrist during a game in winter when the field was frozen, by simply losing my balance, landing on my butt and pointlessly trying to ‘break the fall’ with my wrists even though I had already landed? Then I also broke a collar bone right before exams at uni by just falling flat on my face. I probably also broke some other bone at the same time, because my rib cage still occasionally feels like I’m wearing a corset.

3 Likes

I have definitely gotten stupidly injured from soccer before… additionally, when I was on the school team in grade school, we had the highest rate of concussions for any sport.

3 Likes

I pulled a muscle in my back decorating a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] tree.

5 Likes

You’ve just reminded me of the time I pulled a muscle in my arm from playing on the Wii :joy:

3 Likes

I jumped off a swing and broke my shoulder through the growth plate.

I have a scar on my thigh from when I accidentally impaled my leg with these really sharp scissors. It was at school as well :persevere:

1 Like

I stubbed my toe so hard I broke it. One month later I stub exact same toe but on the other foot.

2 Likes