What is your dumbest injury?

Falling off a slide for me

I was trying to get something from the back of a car and leaned against the exhaust pipe- burned a ring shape into my knee :roll_eyes: (luckily it’s faded almost completely since)

1 Like

Oh, so many.
Got a concussion in 4th grade while pretending to be a cat during kickball.
Bruised my thumb when a spoon fell out of my closet onto my hand
Did powerslides during a song and my knees got so bruised and swollen (I was offered knee pads but refused them) that I could barely walk home that night
Burned part of my face a few weeks ago when I took something hot out of the microwave, having read the heat warning before I put it in, dropped it on the counter because it was hot, and it splashed on my face
& many more

6 Likes

I have a scar on my leg from going up the down escalator at Nebraska Furniture [name_u]Mart[/name_u].

I danced for 15 years but the first major injury I got (a sprained foot) came from a rehearsal where I had to practice running behind the stage and my foot slipped off the back of the wood in the dance room.

I snapped my fingernail last week from opening a tub of ice cream.

3 Likes

Edited for privacy.

1 Like

I fractured a toe by stepping on a cat toy in the dark when I got up to pee and couldn’t be bothered to turn on the lights…

3 Likes

I have a scar on my foot that looks like a smiley face from standing on a plug, which I knew was there, when I was a child.

I also stubbed my toe several times on the windowsill in my last uni house. It was a really low windowsill and the blinds would get stuck a lot so I’d have to stand on the windowsill to reach. And no matter how much I focused on my foot placement so I wouldn’t stub my toe again, I would still managed to stub it. I eventually gave up with the blinds and just always kept them down because I was clearly incapable of adjusting them without injuring myself

2 Likes

Trying to catch a ball flying at me and letting it break my finger instead :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I was playing catch with a fork… nothing more needs to be told

4 Likes

I got a concussion from trying to play leapfrog with a yoga ball.

3 Likes

I have two pretty dumb soccer/football injuries, both times there was no one even near me.

I once badly bruised my wrist during a game in winter when the field was frozen, by simply losing my balance, landing on my butt and pointlessly trying to ‘break the fall’ with my wrists even though I had already landed? Then I also broke a collar bone right before exams at uni by just falling flat on my face. I probably also broke some other bone at the same time, because my rib cage still occasionally feels like I’m wearing a corset.

3 Likes

Edited for privacy.

3 Likes

I pulled a muscle in my back decorating a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] tree.

5 Likes

You’ve just reminded me of the time I pulled a muscle in my arm from playing on the Wii :joy:

3 Likes

I jumped off a swing and broke my shoulder through the growth plate.

I have a scar on my thigh from when I accidentally impaled my leg with these really sharp scissors. It was at school as well :persevere:

1 Like

I stubbed my toe so hard I broke it. One month later I stub exact same toe but on the other foot.

2 Likes

I fell over my own feet and grazed my knee, lol.

Never had any broken bones before. However I have pulled a leg muscle.

Also, one time I was at the dressing room at Target. I jumped too close to the clothing hook on the wall. Anyways, I got a fairly deep gash and I was bleeding a lot. I still don’t know why in the world I was jumping in the dressing room but oh well. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Some more:
Got a huge gash in my leg from stepping wrong on a little stool next to a trampeline and makng it tip over against my leg
In a play I was supposed to unstack two chairs off a table I brought on, but the chairs had furniture sliders on the bottom which kept cutting my leg every time I flipped them to the point that the director banned me from that job. They offered me bandaids because I was bleeding but it didn’t get on my costume so I didn’t care
Gym class 10th grade, the boy I had a crush on hit me in the face with a frisbee accidentally and I got two black eyes

I’ve broken my arm twice and I think one of my fingers, but those weren’t as dumb OH except once I sprained my thumb from falling on the floor when a fake fight during a musical theatre song got a little sloppy

3 Likes