What is your future son’s name?

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] is so sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Hershel[/name_m] too, and have yet to meet one !

2 Likes

All of these names are so romantic!

1 Like

I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] would go SO well with your daughter’s name :smiley:

1 Like

If I ever had a son I would definitely name him [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I just love the name [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and I also love the name [name_m]Perseus[/name_m], plus it’s related to Greek mythology, which I’ve always found interesting, and [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], one of my favorite book series.

6 Likes

I could take this a couple of different ways… so I’m listing all 3. :joy::joy:. They’re all in my top 5 and can see me picking any of the three of them for one reason or the other… and all are super meaningful.

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] - my favorite boys name this weekend… super special to me because it was the name (Caspar) a very good friend loved and she didn’t get to use it before she passed. It’s a [name_u]French[/name_u] [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] name, which my sister and I both also have a [name_u]French[/name_u] [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] name, and I have this lullaby I have reserved for my kids when I have them… it’s a sweet song I learned on the piano for our nursery aged class at church, and one day I had an extra large dose of baby fever, and was just singing it with some of my favorite names to see what if the names on my list felt right, and I legit started crying at the idea of having a little [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] to sing this lullaby to. Sometimes he feels too brave for me but he’s been close to my heart for years. If I had to pick just one of these three, today it’d be Caspar.

[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Andreas[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] - I just think [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] is so cool and I’ve loved him for half a decade at least, if not longer. [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] honors my nana and sort of epitomizes my style to me? [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Aquila[/name_u], and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] generally rank higher on my list of favorites but I do adore him and if I wanted a family name I’d go for [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] for sure. :heart:

[name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_m]Ian[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] - this is the most steady favorite on my list; it’s very nostalgic because [name_u]Avery[/name_u] comes from a story I grew up loving as a kid, and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] represents adventure and the best parts of what I hope my little boy will be one day—kind and wise and adventurous and loving. Plus, I adore [name_u]Avery[/name_u] with my tried-and-true favorite girls’ name, Isobel. :heart_eyes:

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Aquila[/name_u] are the other names on my top 5–I’m adoring [name_u]Aquila[/name_u] today but not sure he’s ready to overshadow [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] or [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] yet (maybe one day!), and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is a dear favorite but I’m not sure he feels as much me as [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], and [name_u]Aquila[/name_u] do… at least today. :heart:

9 Likes

[name_m]Simon[/name_m] or Landon. I have no idea for middle names haha.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness this is the cutest thing ever :sob: I love all three of these :heart:

1 Like

Ahh, thank you!!! I love that lullaby haha, I sang it to my nephew last year when he was born. :heart:

1 Like

:sob: The lullaby part got me. I love learning and singing lullabies, it’s something I am so eager to do with my kids.

2 Likes

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] has been the name for my future son since forever. It’s a family name, a saint name, and my favourite character in my favourite tv show as a young teen was [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Mills[/name_m] in Once Upon a Time. I greatly admired his optimism and faith in people.
His full name would be [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] :heart:. [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is the patron saint of cancer patients, to honor my cousin who sadly passed away from cancer, and [name_m]John[/name_m] is another family/saint name.

If I were to have another son his name would be [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], a name that’s been on my list for almost an equal amount of time as Henry. I love Arthurian legends, and I hope my [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would grow up to be just as noble of heart as the kings and knights of those stories. I recently found out I have an great-great-grandfather named [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] who went by [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and that made me love the name even more because I’ve never been fond of [name_m]Art[/name_m] or [name_m]Artie[/name_m] as nn’s.

7 Likes

This will be my reality in a couple of months so I’ve given it lots of thought! He will likely be either [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_u]Jude[/name_u], although [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_m]Elio[/name_m] have been in the running too. If my partner hadn’t vetoed them [name_m]Miro[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], [name_u]Rex[/name_u] and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] would also be possibilities. Once upon a time I would’ve said [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] was THE boys’ name for me but there are just so many I love now so there’s not really one ‘forever name’.

5 Likes

I love Henry! I watched Once Upon a Time too! So nice to hear that someone else loved it as much as i did :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Both [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] are so sweet :pleading_face:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first son’s name will be [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] “Gus”. I’m not open to a discussion :joy:. [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] is strong and handsome. I love the meaning and the sweet, soft nickname. [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] honors my mom and has a lot of personal meaning. [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] honors my brother who I want my son to grow up to be like and my brother will be influential in his life.

Honestly though, if my SO hates it, I guess we could compromise, but I just can’t find name name that tops Fergus. I’m definitely willing to switch out [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] to honor someone from my SOs family.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be open to discussion either! [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] [name_u]Bravery[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is lovely :laughing:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] Jay!

I find boy names SO much harder than girl names.

If I named him by myself, probably [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] or [name_u]August[/name_u] Julian.

Naming with my partner, we’d use the honor name [name_u]Landry[/name_u] as a middle, so I’m not sure what I’d want to pair with it as it’s NMS. Maybe [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] Landry? I only have 8 boy names I like on my list :woman_facepalming:t2: and five of them have “L”s and sound stilted with [name_u]Landry[/name_u] as a MN.

4 Likes

[name_u]Luca[/name_u] Jonathan! [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Mattias[/name_m], or [name_m]Adrian[/name_m] but I’m still working on middle names for those.

3 Likes

I agree! My girl list will be like 3 pages long and I have like 2 boys’ names I love :joy:

5 Likes