what is your honest opinion of this name?

What do you really think of [name]Seraphina[/name]? Is it just too much? I can’t decide if I like it or not. :slight_smile: I just came across it recently, and didn’t like it at first, but it’s growing on me. I love that it’s a great way to use the nn [name]Sara[/name], which is one of my hubby’s favorite names. I mentioned [name]Seraphina[/name] to him, and was surprised that he didn’t say “no” right away. He was more like, “hmm… I’m not sure, I’ve never heard it before…” So, just wondering what you all think of this names? What do you think of when you hear this name? What do you picture? Does it sound too unusual? Also, what other names go with it?

Thanks! Can’t wait to hear your comments! : -)

[name]Hi[/name]! I think that [name]Seraphina[/name] is a beautiful name, and I love how [name]Sera[/name]/[name]Sara[/name] can be a nickname. I think it’s a lot of name (and quite frilly), but I personally like frilly names ([name]Annabelle[/name] comes to mind), as well as names that feel “big,” like [name]Cordelia[/name]. [name]Seraphina[/name] feels like the best of both worlds to me: elegant, feminine, and frilly, with a more traditional nickname.

When I hear the name, my first thought is, “That’s so pretty.” It sounds beautiful to me, and so feminine. I think of a princess.

What do I picture? I picture a princess.

[name]Do[/name] I think it’s too unusual? Nope!

Names I picture with [name]Seraphina[/name]:

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]/[name]Annelise[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]/[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rosalba[/name]
Rosabel/[name]Rosabelle[/name]
Raphaella
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]

I can see [name]Seraphina[/name] with similarly romantic and exotic names. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Hm… It’s tough for me. When the Afflecks used it, I thought, ugh. But since then it has grown on me. I still wouldn’t use it because it’s too much, but it has definitely started to appeal to me more and it is very pretty. There’s no reason why next to your Delilahs and Clementines it should really be too much for its generation.

The other things I associate with the name are a South [name]African[/name] film called [name]Serafina[/name] and (I should really be embarrassed about this) the [name]Pet[/name] Shop Boys song “Se a vida e” (which for me always sounds like they’re saying “[name]Seraphina[/name] ehhhh”. Of course, it means “that’s the way life is” and is no connection, but that’s what goes through my head every time I read it!

I kind of like just [name]Seraphin[/name] instead of [name]Seraphina[/name]. That’s just my personal style. I find [name]Seraphina[/name] a bit too much although it’s not a terrible name. [name]Hope[/name] that helps.

I love it, love it, love it. It’s one of the prettiest names to me. It feels like a newer and less tired [name]Samantha[/name] to me…only prettier! I also like the spelling [name]Serafina[/name].