What is your least favourite name?

What is your least favourite name for each sex?

For me, [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] and [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f].

[name_m]Brody[/name_m] for a boy, [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f] for a girl (it reminds me of the word “shrill” and of the countless grumpy old ladies I know by that name).

There are plenty of names that aren’t my style or that I personally wouldn’t choose, but I can at least appreciate that they have history, meaning to the family, significance, good namesakes, or whatever else the case may be…but these two, they just fall into a different category. (I also agree about the ones you listed)

GIRLS: [name_f]Ethel[/name_f]

BOYS: [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]

What generation thought that these names would be attractive?

Girls: [name_f]Debra[/name_f]/[name_f]Deborah[/name_f]
Boys: [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]

Girl: [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]
Boy: [name_m]Henry[/name_m]

Girl: [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] or [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] (can’t decide)

Boys: [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] or [name_m]Fox[/name_m].

Girls: my absolute, least favorite name to see on a girl is [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. Not including boy names though, [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
Boys: [name_m]David[/name_m]

Definitely [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] for a girl, and probably something like [name_m]Chad[/name_m], [name_m]Braxton[/name_m], or [name_u]Gus[/name_u] for a boy.

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]/[name_u]Dexter[/name_u] for a boy (both are so close)

[name_f]Mildred[/name_f]/[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]

so hard to just pick a few, so many old lady or man names to list. Not surprised to see my real name made it in here, ([name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]) it’s ok. Everyone has their opinion, do respect that.

My name made it here too. I’m not surprised. The only person who I know who even likes my name is probably @lawsonhaley.

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_f]Emily[/name_f] or maybe [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t forget [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

For boys its [name_m]Robert[/name_m] or [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]. [name_u]Alden[/name_u] I don’t like but I like [name_u]Aden[/name_u]…

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_m]Declan[/name_m]

Girl: [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
Boy: [name_u]Bentley[/name_u]

I love [name_f]Eva[/name_f] but I really don’t like [name_f]Evi[/name_f]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f]/[name_f]Evy[/name_f] or whatever spelling,
also [name_f]Yara[/name_f], a quite popular name here right now.
For boys [name_m]Tygo[/name_m].

If it’s what I think it is - I do in fact love your name!

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Gala[/name_f] and [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] for girls and [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_m]Richard[/name_m] on a boy

Hard to pick just one each!

Off the top of my head I would say [name_m]Dirk[/name_m] for a boy and [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f] for a girl.

I completely agree. I can’t stand any of these names either. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] for girls, [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] or [name_f]Marie[/name_f] for boys.

[name_u]Addison[/name_u] (like the disease!)
[name_u]Jayden[/name_u] [name_u]Brayden[/name_u] etc
Not a fan of [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] either. I hate the “big” sound in the middle.