What is your middle name?

Jane

It’s okay but sort of predictable in all honesty

Heather. I’ve never really been a fan of it. It seems too boring to me

Tbh, I love [name_f]Carys[/name_f] [name_f]Heather[/name_f]!

I do think my name flows really well. I just don’t really like [name_f]Heather[/name_f] so very few people (besides my family and I suppose anyone who’s read this) know my middle name

Same! I used to dislike it because it was boring and, yeah, every other girl had it, too. But my mom chose it after her only sister, with whom she is very close, so it is definitely special and not just a filler. I like it now because of that, and I’m sure it would be rather elegant if it were not so overused as a mn.

I definitely prefer it as a first name, though. In the first spot, I think [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is incredibly chic!

I love my middle names— both the one I have in real life and the one I have on Nameberry! :wink:

Marie and I absolutely hate it. I share it with all of my female siblings and a multitude of female relatives, almost all of them. It’s just always seemed so boring and common. I don’t know ever use it and vowed that if I have a daughter, she’s definitely not getting [name_u]Marie[/name_u] as a middle name.

My middle is [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. I guess I don’t feel strongly either way about it. I might like my name more if I knew my moms thought process behind it. But unfortunately we have no relationship so I will never know.

On the other hand my sons middle is also [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. I love it on him because it connects us.

1 Like

Mine is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. It’s okay. I wouldn’t choose to go by it but I don’t think it has negatively or positively impacted my life in any way.

[name_u]Marie[/name_u]! I love it!
I feel the same way:

1 Like

Elizabeth. I love it.

Rose. I’m not a big fan of it. [name_f]My[/name_f] middle name came from my mom’s best friend, [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f](but she went by [name_f]Rose[/name_f]), and my first name is [name_f]Emily[/name_f], whose my mom’s other friend. I get a lot of compliments but at the same time most people say it’s basic when I was younger, so I always resented.

1 Like

There are two common spellings of my middle name (one with an f and one with a ph). Mine is spelled with a ph, and when I was younger I hated that and renounced my middle name by spelling it with an f for a couple months.

2 Likes

Mine is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. It was my grandmother’s middle name as well. I like it, but it does seem a bit “filler”, especially with my very common first name.

I love reading everyone’s middle names!! I don’t have one :joy: :sob:

3 Likes

Antoinette. I didn’t like it when I was little because it felt old and I wasn’t able to spell it until I was probably eight, but now I love it. I didn’t like my first name either when I was little because there were so many other [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]’s, but it’s my favorite girls name now. And I love that I was named after my two bio grandmas.

Mine is [name_f]Elena[/name_f]! I was named after the woman that raised my grandmother.

1 Like

Flynn. I like it but it’s a bit plain near my siblings’ mns.

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] :smirk:

Never liked it and will probably change when I take my partner’s name (or when we choose our own family name).

The weird thing is it wasn’t an honour name and I would probably feel differently if it was. But I don’t want to use honour names on my kids cause it feels heavy. I dunno 🤷

My middle names are [name_f]Pebbles[/name_f] and [name_f]Ingeborg[/name_f] and I love them! [name_f]Pebbles[/name_f] is pretty much impossible to pronounce in Swedish (I’m Swedish), but my parents wanted me to have a “fun” name and that’s why they chose it. [name_f]Ingeborg[/name_f] is my mother’s middle name and she’s named after her paternal grandma, who went by [name_f]Ingeborg[/name_f] even though it was her middle name. I love that my names range from a family name that’s been used in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u] for centuries to a name no one in this country has heard of or can pronounce.

1 Like