What is your name?

What is your name and do you love it or hate and why?

I’ll start…

My name is [name]Jacquelyn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]… my nn is [name]Jacqui[/name]. I really like my name. It is not unusual but not crazy common. (I don’t run into tons of them like my friends [name]Jessica[/name] and [name]Jennifer[/name] do.) Its femine and pretty and has served me well.

my name is [name]Brittany[/name] [name]Debra[/name] [name]Rose[/name], I have never cared for my name. [name]Brittany[/name] is a very common name for my age group.

[name]Julie[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]

I often wish that I went by my middle name ‘[name]Nicole[/name]’ as it sounds more elegant or mature. I think my parents could have done better on my first name. It sounds very generational to me (ie. 1970’s). On the other hand, while it may not be an interesting name, it is pretty enough and hasn’t been a source of any prolems with spelling, pronunciation, or gender lines.

[name]Anna[/name], i don’t really like it to many girls who share that name with me. lol))

My name is [name]Jacey[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
don’t really care for my first name, but I like my middle name
I will probably go by [name]Charlotte[/name] when i’m in college.

(-:

[name]Melissa[/name] [name]Paige[/name]

I really love my name. [name]Melissa[/name] isn’t super-popular, yet not strange or unheard of. The same goes for [name]Paige[/name]. All in all, my name is pretty, has served me well and does not lend itself to teasing :slight_smile:

[name]Ann[/name] [name]Leigh[/name].

I love my name. It has family ties, a great nickname ([name]Annie[/name]), and it’s a classic, pretty name that is not at ALL popular for my age group. (I haven’t met another [name]Ann[/name] within 5 years of my age). So, it’s sort of unique for my age but still everyone knows it and doesn’t think it’s weird.

The only complaint I have is that my full name is only 3 syllables. I sometimes wish I had a more substantial middle name, but I like it.

Overall, I love my name, and it’s been great being an [name]Ann[/name].

jamie allison.

HATE my name. with a passion. DH thinks that is where my “name-nerdiness” has come from. its mostly the jamie part that i hate. combined with the fact that i grew up in a predominantly hispanic community, i was often called “hi-me” instead of “jay-me”. my nn to this day is “hi-me” because of that. i hate it. oh, and the whole unisex name thing was bad growing up too.

[name]Lesley[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
I never really liked it but like all other -ley names!
Go figure!

My name is [name]Tara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I like [name]Tara[/name] because it’s a familiar name, but not common among my age group. I also like it because it’s cute when your a child, but also carries well into adulthood. I used to hate the middle name [name]Elizabeth[/name] because it’s so common, but I really like it now because I find it so classic and pretty. Overall, I like my name very much.

holy crapola.

My name is also [name]Tara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].
I’m not even joking.

[name]Love[/name] my name, but so not my style and I loathe when it is spelled [name]Terra[/name]. Also, it is A Rat backwards, but I always enjoyed that. Before I got married my initials were T.T. which I loved.

[name]Hi[/name] there,

My name is [name]Caoimhe[/name] [name]Roisin[/name] (I’m irish…!). I love my name - always have - it means beautiful gentle little rose. It is a fairly well known one in [name]Ireland[/name] so never had pronounciation problems with it when I was young… however, since i moved to UK with my partner I get all sorts… kay-o-mi, ca-om-ih… is all good fun… but can’t imagine that would have been ok as a child.

x

[name]Lyndsay[/name] Jenness - Jenness is a family name and I love it, no one could ever say it when I was young and I had a lot of fun with spelling it and seeing what people would come up with… seems so straight-forward to me. I’ve grown to like [name]Lyndsay[/name] enough. It’s okay, I guess. No one ever spells it right, even some family members still spell it wrong. I actually like the spelling, though. There was usually at least one other [name]Lindsay[/name]/[name]Lindsey[/name] around when I was in school. I currently only know 2 others, though, and I’m not close friends with them or anything, so I guess that’s good. I really hated my name for a long, long time, though. I was always SO embarrassed to say my name on the first day of class.

[name]Nicole[/name] [name]Marie[/name]… I like it, but I wish it was more original sometimes.

[name]Leanne[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]

i like it

[name]Kayla[/name] [name]Dawn[/name]

[name]Ive[/name] never really liked my name. It seems so plain and boring. But ive learned to live with it.

My name is [name]Katelynn[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. I usually go by [name]Kate[/name] and I really love my name. I like the way my parents chose to spell my first name. The name [name]Kaitlyn[/name] is really popular for my age group and it can be spelled a million ways. I like that my parents chose to be a little different, and I like that its spelled in a way that makes sense. It’s “[name]Kate[/name]” and “[name]Lynn[/name].” I’ve always felt like [name]Kate[/name] really fit me. Its the perfect nick name.

My name is [name]April[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

I always hated it when I was younger because I got teased a lot…“were you born in [name]April[/name]?” (I was actually) “[name]April[/name] Showers bring [name]May[/name] Flowers”…ect. But as I have gotten older I have come to like it better.

I have always loved the name [name]April[/name]!