What is your name?

[name]Nina[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

I love my first name because it’s feminine and short. I don’t like my middle name I think it’s a bit plain. And I had to drop my middle name when I got married as it rhymed with my married surname and sounded silly…

[name]Martha[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Martha[/name] is after my maternal grandmother, and [name]Jane[/name] is from my mother, ”[name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name].” As a teenager I wished I had a more popular first name. However, my mother died when I was seven, so I always cherished having a name connection to her and to her mother.

[name]Just[/name] read that :)… What are the odds??? Hah!

[name]Anastacia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - nn [name]Ana[/name], [name]Staci[/name], [name]Stacia[/name]

I hardly ever go by my full first name except for work, but I love it beecause it is not very common and gives me a lot of nn variety. I hate my middle name because it is so boring and it seems like every other girl has the same mn. It does flow well with my first name though, I just wish it weren’t so filler.

[name]Cori[/name] [name]Anne[/name]

Have always loved it, although when I was little wanted to spell it [name]Corrie[/name] because I would have more letters. :slight_smile: The unisex thing never bothered me, I like that I have a name that is non-traditional for a girl. I think it is overall a great name.

My name is [name]Thekla[/name], say it ” Tek-lah ” not ” The-klah ” [name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Tamsin[/name] is after one of my grandmother”s name and [name]Jane[/name] is a feminine more usual version of my father’s name. I wish to meet a girl with this too unpopular and original name one day.
I think I love it now! But when I was a teenager, I didn’t really care of it.

[name]Erin[/name] [name]Renee[/name]…

I like my name, I don’t meet too many Erins and with [name]Renee[/name] it flows very well. I always get compliments on my name.

My name is [name]Andrea[/name] [name]Michelle[/name], only it’s not pronounced the traditional way, an-dree-ya, but on-dray-uh. And no, I’m not french and neither is anyone in my family, but it is also the Portuguese pronunciation, and I’m part Portuguese (on my mom’s side).

While I’ve only met one or two girls that pronounce their name like mine, I’ve met TONS of [name]Andrea[/name]'s in my life, which is why I don’t like my name very much. And I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been called “an-dree-ya” in school, and for some reason, because my name isn’t prounounced the normal way, people always either forget my name or get it confused with “[name]Adriana[/name].” (I’ve been called [name]Adriana[/name] sooooo many times.) One girl actually thought my name was [name]Cassandra[/name] in middle school. O_o Nowadays I get tired of correcting people, so I just let them pn my name however they want to, so long as they know it’s not [name]Adriana[/name], lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

My friend’s usually call me [name]Drea[/name] and that’s how I introduce myself, because it’s a not-so-common name but pretty much sounds like my full name. My family all call me [name]Andrea[/name], though. I’ve had tons of nicknames, too. [name]Drea[/name], Dre-Dre, Dre, [name]Andie[/name] and [name]Annie[/name] (although I kind’ve liked [name]Annie[/name]. This boy in middle school always called me that and I thought it was cute :P). I’ve had one guy call me [name]Andre[/name], even though he knew what my name was and how to say it. Extremely annoying. -_-’

but yeah, all in all, I don’t like my name that much. When I asked my mom why she named me that, she said that she’d never heard it before and thought it was unique, only it was in the top 20 on ssa the year I was born. O.o She was originally going to name me [name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Joanne[/name], but changed her mind at the last minute. I think I would’ve preferred that to [name]Andrea[/name], since I’ve only met two or three [name]Jennifer[/name]'s in my life (all nn [name]Jenny[/name]/[name]Jenni[/name]/[name]Jenna[/name]).

I haaaaate it when people say my first and middle name together. >.< probably because my parents always did that whenever I got in trouble when I was a kid. My best friend from New [name]York[/name] always calls me by my full name because she knows it drives me insane. Jerk. XD she’s pretty much the only person who can get away with it without me yelling at her tho. :3

wow, long post, sorry!

My full name is [name]Stephanie[/name] [name]Ann[/name]. I never really liked it, the first name is too long and the middle name is too short. And my maiden name was a long Polish name (11 letters), so adding [name]Stephanie[/name] to that was a mouthful and I always got tongue tied saying my name. Plus my initials were SAC, so I couldn’t have cute monogrammed stuffed without being teased. When I got married, I still have a confusing Polish name but it’s a few letters shorter, and I changed my middle name to the letter C, so my initials wouldn’t be SAG. (Yikes)
So needless to say for my daughters I want short, sweet names with plenty of nickname options. My oldest is named [name]Emily[/name] (I know everyone says it’s over used, but not where we live, she’s the only one) and we call her [name]Emmy[/name], [name]Emmylou[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Milly[/name], the list goes on. I’m pregnant with my second daughter and still trying to figure out a name.

[name]Sheridan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] my name! [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name] are after both of my grandmothers, and my mother’s middle name is also [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My dad chose [name]Sheridan[/name]. I have only met one other [name]Sheridan[/name] in my life, and I think it is fantastic to have such a rare name! I will definitely try to give all of our children special names as well.

What a fun post!

:slight_smile: [name]Sheridan[/name] xx

[name]Melanie[/name] (no middle name)

I’ve always loved my name. People always compliment my name. I usually was the only [name]Melanie[/name] in school. In the work place though, there was a time where I worked with 2 other Melanies which was very strange and annoying. Customers would talk to the other Melanies and assume it was me.

[name]Melanie[/name] is a nice name. I thought about using it before…with [name]Lanie[/name] as a nn.

[name]Angel[/name] Marr - and I love it. My first name has been an asset in my life, and my middle name has a story.

My name is [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

I love my name so much. Although [name]Rachel[/name] was somewhat popular the year I was born, I only know one girl my age with the same name, but spelled [name]Rachael[/name]. I also love that people easily shorten my name to Rach, which I love and think is really cute. [name]Rachel[/name] is pretty and classic, and my mom said she always wanted to have a daughter named [name]Rachel[/name]. And [name]Marie[/name] is after my mom’s grandmother, so that also gives me a sort of family connection. I know it’s considered a filler middle name, but it has meaning to my mom.
I’ve jokingly told my mom that I don’t know how I’ll ever find a name to measure up to mine. Haha. As you can tell, I love my name.

[name]Marissa[/name] [name]Helen[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

I think it’s okayy. [name]Don[/name]'t love it, don’t hate it. I think my first name flows well with my middle names but I’m not a big fan of my first name. It’s okay. It sounds kinda… boring to me.

My name is [name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Lamarre[/name]. [name]Lamarre[/name] is my mother’s maiden name and I used to hate having it as a middle name because it sounds so manly, but I’ve warmed up to it over the years because of its family importance. I go by [name]Jackie[/name] with most people, but exclusively by [name]Jacqueline[/name] with my family.

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

I love my name. It’s so classic and sophisticated. I realize practically everyone my age is Something [name]Marie[/name], but I’ve always loved my middle name, too. Maybe that’s why I still love [name]Rose[/name] as a middle name, even though it’s so popular.

And, yes, I would recommend everyone name their daughter [name]Grace[/name]. :wink:

[name]Shana[/name] (rhymes w/ [name]Hannah[/name]) [name]Lynn[/name]

• nn [name]Shan[/name], Old [name]Banana[/name], Na - (love them all, even the old banana believe it or not because it was bestowed by a very good friend and only hear it from a select group of ppl back home, so I don’t hear it often).

[name]Love[/name] love love love [name]Shana[/name], i can’t explain how much I love my name… but [name]Lynn[/name] (thank goodness its my mn) is a filler name… not after anyone or having any meaning… I wouldn’t change it by any means, but when I name my kids, their mn will have meaning and/or heritage/genealogy…

In terms of nn I ran into the obvious, [name]Shana[/name]-[name]Banana[/name], etc, as a kid and even now, but that doesn’t bother me. It is mispronounced a lot, which does occasionally get under my skin (i get [name]Shay[/name]-na, [name]Shauna[/name], [name]Shannon[/name], [name]Sharon[/name], etc…)… but i love my name so much it doesn’t really bother me…

My name is [name]Michaela[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I love my name. My mn was my grandmothers mn and I never knew her so that is important to me. Many people pronounce my name wrong I pronounce it Ma-[name]KAI[/name]-la instead of Ma-[name]KAY[/name]-la but I don’y mind. What do you think of my name?

[name]Hi[/name]
[name]Just[/name] read your post and thought it was weird because my grandmothers name are Eilizabeth and [name]Isobel[/name]. LOL