What is your pet's full name?

I know most people have long funny names for their pet. (or at least me…) I was wondering what some other people chose for their pet. [name_m]Just[/name_m] put the species/breed and the their whole name, as well as any nick names. And if you want, a list of their names and how you chose them.

Example-
Dog- Australian [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] mix,

[name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] Nymphanora

• [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]: What we call her. The only name our family could agree on.
  • [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]: What I wanted to name her. ([name_u]Penny[/name_u])
  • Nymphadora: My favorite character from [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. (Besides [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]) Nymphadora Tonks!
2 Likes

Tortoise shell cat

[name_u]Zola[/name_u] Bastet [name_f]Frederica[/name_f]

[name_u]Zola[/name_u]: I’ve loved this name for a really long time, but couldn’t see my child with the name. I had a poll thread with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_u]Zola[/name_u] and it came out as the most liked/fitting for her. People said [name_u]Zola[/name_u] looked very regal and so did my [name_u]Zola[/name_u].
Bastet: Someone mention in the pasr thread that they had it set aside for a future cat because it’s a cat goddess. I really liked it with [name_u]Zola[/name_u] and it added to the regal aspect.
[name_f]Frederica[/name_f]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] a name I added recently while joking around with my grandmother.

Nicknames: [name_f]Zoey[/name_f], ZoZo, Pretty girl, ZoeBean, ZoeyBean, Zoeygirl

[name_u]Zola[/name_u] has more nicknames than I can name. I probably confuse the poor kit.

Here’s my girl

A Persian male kitty.

His name is just [name_u]Maurice[/name_u] (I propably should add some middles :D)

He is name [name_u]Maurice[/name_u] due to his black color.

Ah nicknames! I called him often Raven & my family Moo.

I finally add middle names! Maurice Rhodes Edgar. Rhodes after the singer and Edgar after Poe.

2 Likes

We have two cats.

Our calico is named [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] for a cat. It sounds so witchy and mischievious to me. My boyfriend picked [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] for her middle name. We pretty much just call her [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] or [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_f]Cat[/name_f].

That’s her in my picture.

Our gray and white is Allister [name_m]Horace[/name_m]. I chose Allister because I wanted another 3 syllable name that started with A to match [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]. I wanted to use Alastor (as in Alastor [name_m]Moody[/name_m]), but my boyfriend didn’t like that spelling so we went with Allister. [name_m]Horace[/name_m] was his name in the shelter, and we decided to keep it as his middle name. We call him Alley and Alley [name_f]Cat[/name_f].

1 Like

Female, [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] [name_f]Cat[/name_f] (grey/white/tan/black colors).

Full Name: [name_m]Tiger[/name_m] [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

[name_m]Reason[/name_m]: Her first name is due to her striping, and it fits her purrfectly. She is feisty like a [name_m]Tiger[/name_m] and sweet like a [name_f]Lily[/name_f] when she wants to be. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is because were I adopted her from found her originally on a military base and her “name” was GI [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. So I kept [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as her middle name.

ETA: Her NN are: [name_m]Ti[/name_m], [name_m]Tiger[/name_m], [name_m]Ti[/name_m] [name_m]Ti[/name_m], [name_m]Tig[/name_m], [name_f]Lilly[/name_f], and a few others that have no relation to her name.

Labrador Retriever/[name_m]German[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]/Terrier Mix -
Full Name: [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
Nicknames: [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Dilly[/name_f], Gilliflower, Doobus, [name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f], Nightflower
[name_m]Reason[/name_m] -
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]: I’ve always liked the name [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], but since I was fifteen and the dog came before having children, she got the name. Plus, it really suits her.
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]: I had been reading Eragon at the time I had gotten her. Her eyes were also still a deep, sapphire blue color.

Pekingese/Rat Terrier/Chihuahua/Pug/Beagle Mix -
Full Name: [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]: He was named after the black Great [name_u]Dane[/name_u] owned by the Shaytards on Youtube. The name was chosen by my brother.
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]: Another puppy was born in the same litter as [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], we called him [name_u]Jude[/name_u] after the son Hey [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. He looked just like his grandmother, [name_f]Prudence[/name_f], who was also named after a Beatles song. Unfortunately, this puppy didn’t make it. So it’s in honor of his brother.
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]: My mom liked the way it sounded with both [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u].
Nicknames: [name_f]Mali[/name_f], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], Gremlin, Dragon, Squishy

Pug/[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Russell[/name_m] Terrier/Rat Terrier/Chihuahua/Beagle Mix -
Full Name: Otter [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
Otter: When she was first born she looked like an otter.
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]: Named after her mother, [name_f]Bella[/name_f].
Nicknames; [name_u]Ottie[/name_u], Potty, [name_m]Potter[/name_m], Trotter, Curl Trot, McTrotter, Potts

Australian Terrier- [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. His name from the shelter was [name_m]Benji[/name_m], so we just lengthened it to [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. We call him [name_m]Ben[/name_m], [name_m]Benji[/name_m], [name_m]Bean[/name_m], The [name_m]Guy[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] Button and Benjaroonie.

I also have a Syrian hamster called [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] too names I liked. I call her MayMay and my toddler calls her Berble.

Lol! We have a Bullmastiff named Khal Drogo and a Great [name_u]Dane[/name_u] named Ghost [name_m]Stark[/name_m].
Named after Game of Thrones characters. Well, if you count Ghost as a character? He’s [name_m]Jon[/name_m] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]'s Direwolf.
Anyway. With Drogo, we wanted to name him something that would fit him, big and bulky and kinda scaryish. And then with Ghost, we wanted a name was also in the Game of Thrones universe so their names would go together. He’s mostly white so Ghost was the first thing that popped in my head that seemed appropriate.

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]-Australian [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
We got her when she was a year old and she already had a name so we kept it. I added [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as filler middle, which I know regret, because it’s my favorite nickname for my top girl’s name, but it won’t matter! We mostly call her [name_f]Dee[/name_f] and Wiggle-Butt

[name_m]Buckley[/name_m]- Rat Terrier/Chihuahua
We also didn’t name [name_m]Buckley[/name_m] either. I think he had a middle name at some point, but I can’t remember. We call him [name_m]Buck[/name_m] a lot. And something else I can’t mention.

[name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], and [name_m]Oxford[/name_m]-cats
We’re terrible cat owners, but it’s not our fault they all hate us. They’re outside cats and we live in the country, so we thought they’d all died before [name_u]Scout[/name_u] showed up. I had a lot of names in mind, but suggested [name_u]Scout[/name_u] as a more recognizable literary name than say, Euphrasie. [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] and [name_m]Oxford[/name_m] are based on our last name and we let our dogsitter name them. He suggested Madley, but I was adamant that she was at least [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Valentino[/name_m] [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Jago[/name_m]

It was more of a joke really. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is my pet but no one would let me change it when I adopted him from the shelter. I wanted to call him [name_m]Valentino[/name_m] after a clown from a Cirque du [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] show. Then [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] because I thought it sounded good and because my mother complained about how long it is I added [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_m]Jago[/name_m] ([name_m]Jago[/name_m] being a family name).

Well my family has substantially more pets than everyone else in this forum.

Dogs

Boxer f
full name: Kaiya Jun
reason: Kaiya because she is AKC registered and her parents names were Kyle and Kayla and my mom wanted her name to match. Jun because it sounded good and I liked the meaning.
nicknames: Kai, Kaijun (was told by a Japanese lady I met while camping that it means demon but it translates as “strange beast” and is used to describe Godzilla and similar movie monsters)

Mix- possibly Pitt Bull, Boxer & Lab m
Full name: Tanner Dey
reason: Tanner after his tan colored fur and Dey for my sisters friend

Cats
these three are from the same litter and I raised them from day 1. None of them have middle names because I could never think of something that sounded good and suited them.

orange tabby m
fullname: Moose(y)
reason: this kitten was the biggest when they were born and my mom named him Moose because he shoved the others out of the way. We started calling him Moosey as a nn and my mom accidentally had him registered at Moosey at the Vet’s office
nicknames: Moosey Moose, Moose Moose

Another orange tabby m
fullname: Tango
reason: I didn’t think Mango suited him. Also one of my realitives have an orange cat named Tang and I thought it would be cute to name him after their cat.
nicknames: Tango-Wango

Gray long furred tabby m
full name: Jojo
reason: When their mother was pregnant I said I was going to keep the runt and name them Jojo, reguardless of sex. He is named Jojo after the mayors son in Horton Hears a Who
nicknames: Jo-to-the-jo, Fluffy, Fluffer, Bad Kitty (he’s the most spoiled. I had to hand feed him for the first three weeks due to him being too small to push around his siblings. after that though momma cat took a special interest and pushed over anyone that made him cry)

snakes
all of our snakes are named after Frederick George Abberline who was the detective in charge of catching Jack the Ripper. Also I’ve never had any of them sexed but I’ll list the pronouns we use for each of them.

Albino king snake (solid white so not sure which subgroup of king snake he is) m pronouns
full name: Fred
reason: Fred came with this name and we named the others names that matched his.
nicknames: none

yellow spotted king snake f pronouns
fullname: Abberline
reason: see above
nicknames: Abbey

Red tail boa m pronouns
full name: Jack the Ripper
reason: they wouldn’t let me call him George.
nicknames: He is exclusively called Ripper because our neighbors had a dog named Jack

Italian Greyhound, blue(grey), Female

Electric [name_u]Blue[/name_u] Lemonade, called [name_f]Lolly[/name_f]

I found the name in a game room at Pogo and fell in love with it.

We currently have three cats:

Our ginger tiger cat is generally known as [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]. His formal name is [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] (my daughter picked the middle name). When we’re feeling very [name_m]French[/name_m] we call him [name_m]Olivier[/name_m]. He’s getting up there in years (we think he’ll be 12 mid-winter) & his white patches are increasing in size. He’s a large guy (over 20 lbs.) & has extra toes on all four paws.

Our ragdoll/lynx-snowshoe/undetermined is [name_f]Jenny[/name_f], or [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] Any Dots from TS [name_u]Eliot[/name_u]'s Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats. Her formal name is [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], but when we’re called [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] [name_m]Olivier[/name_m] [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] becomes Geneviève (ZHON-vee-ev). She’s also known as the [name_f]Empress[/name_f] & is the smartest of the three. Anyone who visits, even if they don’t like cats, falls in love w/her…she’s very fluffy, although not long-haired, has lilac-point Siamese markings, & the bluest eyes you can imagine. We joke that we need to get her into modeling so she can pay for my daughter’s college education. :slight_smile:

Our last cat is a tortoiseshell. We named her [name_f]Isis[/name_f] because we were watching Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u] when we got her, & because she looks super-Egyptian. Of course, the terrorist group exploded into the news just a couple of months later. :frowning: [name_f]Isis[/name_f] is generally known as Spasticat & a klutzier cat we’ve never met!

My dog who sadly passed only 10 months ago was sold to us as a pure bread Cavalier [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] Spaniel (beautiful, I know!) but we later found (after he grew twice the size) he was a cross with a [name_m]Springer[/name_m] as well - absolutely loopy!! He was white and brown, typical Cavalier colours.

My baby was called Patch.
Full name: Patch [name_u]Billy[/name_u] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]

Patch: as ridiculous as it may seem, we 100% did not name his this because he had patches. We honestly just loved that it suited his crazy personality and looked like him. It didn’t occur to us he was covered in brown patches!
[name_u]Billy[/name_u]: Mum always loved the name [name_u]Billy[/name_u] and wanted to be his first name. And as he was ultimately my dog, I had final say and I just do not like [name_u]Billy[/name_u].
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]: My brother always wanted to call our first dog/a dog [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]. Turns out it’s a “family dog name” but I’m glad both the latter were his middle because he didn’t suit either. He was Patch through and through.

We called him Patchie/Patchy most of the time, obviously we called him [name_u]Baby[/name_u] too. Me and my brother had nicknamed him [name_m]Lord[/name_m] Dogington and Dog-Log (after the way he would lay and literally look like a tree stump)

After Patch, we adopted a 10 year old cat. She’s grey and white and the prettiest little thing I had ever seen. She is such a diva and definitely rules our house! Her name was [name_f]Molly[/name_f] when we adopted her, and being such an old cat already we didn’t want to change it anyway (which was good because we wanted to name her [name_f]Molly[/name_f] anyway!). She doesn’t have a middle so her full name is [name_f]Molly[/name_f].

Her nicknames consist of: Molls, [name_f]Molly[/name_f]-[name_f]Cat[/name_f] (our favourite - she’s more likely to answer to [name_f]Molly[/name_f]-[name_f]Cat[/name_f] than just [name_f]Molly[/name_f] now), [name_f]Honey[/name_f], and Babes.

Me and my mum are going to get a Westie once my brother goes off to Uni, but we haven’t decided on a name yet.

Our golden retriever’s name is [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] [name_u]Raye[/name_u]. Her middle name [name_u]Raye[/name_u] (like a ray of sunshine) is a nod to her color and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is the only name we could all agree on.

We affectionately call her Goose (I have no idea how that came about). She also has a ridiculous number of other pet names, like [name_f]Gracie[/name_f]-face, [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], and Goosie-gus. Sometimes we call her [name_f]DeeDee[/name_f], like DD, short for “Dumb Dog,” but it is with much love! Ha. They’re goofy names for a goofy dog.

Our [name_u]Golden[/name_u] Retriever, who sadly died several years ago was a pedigree and her full pedigree name was Mossview Shevelly [name_u]Dancer[/name_u]. She was named [name_m]Scully[/name_m] because my mum liked The X Files, and because when we got her my parents placed her at one end of the driveway and stood at the other calling names at her. [name_m]Scully[/name_m] was the one she responded to the most. I was only 6 months old when we got her and she was 6 weeks so we grew up together.

I have 2 dogs now. My black toy poodle is named [name_f]Mysti[/name_f] Popsicle. She’s a rescue dog and her name was [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] when she came to us, but she doesn’t suit it at all so we relegated it to the middle slot as Popsicle. I chose the name [name_f]Mysti[/name_f], after a TV show I used to watch on CBBC. Her nicknames are Mist, fleabag (she’s never had fleas but she responds to this enthusiastically), diva, diva-dog, [name_f]Mysti[/name_f] boo, and bubz.

My other dog is a toy poodle/ miniature pinscher cross named [name_f]Jaffa[/name_f]. I chose it because when she was a pup she was [name_m]Black[/name_m] and [name_m]Tan[/name_m], and the tan bits were very vivid orange - she looked like a [name_f]Jaffa[/name_f] cake! :slight_smile: I call her Jaff, Jaffie, boo bear, baby, baby dog, angel, pookie, pup, puds, petite [name_f]Bebe[/name_f] and weird baby noises.

I also used to have 2 guinea pigs named [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (just [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], my mum named her) and Sir [name_m]Monty[/name_m] Squeaksalot. Squeaksalot because she squeaked…a LOT. I don’t know why Sir [name_m]Monty[/name_m], she was a girl, but hey ho.

I had 2 goldfish named [name_u]Finley[/name_u] ([name_m]Fin[/name_m] [name_m]Fin[/name_m]) and [name_m]Nemo[/name_m]. [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is now one of my favourite boy child names.

My dog is a shelie beagle mix. Her full name is:
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Marcy[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] P(last name)

My dog before her was a God-knows-what mutt and her name was [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] P(last name).

[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] was named before I was born, but I gave her the middle names. She was born to a mother ([name_f]Nala[/name_f]) and a whole litter of Disney [name_f]Princess[/name_f] sisters.

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] is named after [name_f]Luna[/name_f] Lovegood because my mother and I are dorks. Before we adopted her, [name_f]Luna[/name_f]'s name was [name_f]Marcy[/name_f], so I tributed that and my [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] in her name.

[name_f]Mini[/name_f] Chihuahua- [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] Batman [name_u]Morgan[/name_u].
[name_m]Black[/name_m] Chihuahua- [name_m]Mike[/name_m] [name_u]Tyson[/name_u]
Can you guess how old I was when we got, [name_u]Max[/name_u]?

[name_u]Grey[/name_u] cat

[name_m]Chuck[/name_m] is the name he came with but I named him [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] to use when he was being naughty and we also call him [name_u]Boo[/name_u]-[name_u]Boo[/name_u], [name_u]Boo[/name_u]-[name_u]Boo[/name_u] [name_f]Kitty[/name_f], Chuckers, [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], and [name_m]Chuckie[/name_m].

Vader [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] - black lab/hound mix

Vader - because he was black and was a little trouble maker as a puppy getting into everything.

[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] - he acquired his middle name later on after “[name_m]Clifford[/name_m] the big red dog” - he just seemed to share the same personality with the dog in the children’s books

Nicknames: McMuffin