What is your pet's full name?

My cat is [name_f]Cloudy[/name_f] Mendocino Kittypaw-"[name_m]Norman[/name_m]". [name_f]Cloudy[/name_f] is what we named him, Mendocino was his shelter name, Kittypaw was a name my older son wanted to add which is now [name_f]Cloudy[/name_f]'s surname hyphenated with the family surname.

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] Kittenbottom :slight_smile: But I call her [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_m]Bean[/name_m] or [name_f]Flo[/name_f] [name_m]Bean[/name_m]

[name_u]Cody[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. ”

Ser [name_u]Jaime[/name_u] Lannister, Mouseslayer - [name_f]Ginger[/name_f] cat
He was originally named [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] in the shelter and the woman there told us he loved to chase things like toys (handy for mouse catching, we thought). So it only seemed appropriate to us :wink:

He’s just called [name_u]Jaime[/name_u] for short.

Macaroni - Mackerel colored cat
He was just [name_m]Mac[/name_m] at first (after his color), but we kept jokingly call him Macaroni. And I guess it stuck!

Catmé [name_f]Amidala[/name_f] - [name_f]Calico[/name_f] cat.
She was originally name [name_f]May[/name_f] at the shelter, and we couldn’t pass this pun up :wink: [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_f]May[/name_f] for short!

Our yellow lab’s name is [name_f]Velvet[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]… I don’t like the sound of it, but it’s the two names we were deciding between. We call her Vee or Veevee a lot of the time.

I also have a Guinea pig named [name_m]Valentino[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u], who I call [name_u]Val[/name_u] occasionally.

My dog is named Rabble, officially. We named him with very short notice, had to pick a name as he was being microchipped, so we didn’t get to give much thought to it. However, I use a lot of different names on him affectionately, like [name_m]Buddy[/name_m], [name_m]Bubba[/name_m], [name_m]Bear[/name_m], etc. and he answers to all of them. So I’ll say his full name is Rabble [name_m]Buddy[/name_m] [name_m]Bubba[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]. Haha

[name_m]Black[/name_m] lab dog named [name_f]Sally[/name_f] Mustang, [name_u]Blue[/name_u] point siamese cat [name_m]Scooter[/name_m] [name_m]Irwin[/name_m], Snowshoe cat [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Daydreamer :slight_smile:

I have a white cat named [name_m]Merlin[/name_m] because I’ve always liked wizard/witch names for cats. Although he’s a cat who hates water, I affectionately refer to him as a Mer-kitty. My parents call him Mercat or Mer Mer. My dog was already named [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], very creative for a [name_m]JACK[/name_m] [name_m]Russell[/name_m], when we got him and we didn’t want to confuse the poor thing too much, so we changed it to [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] Walters, using the nickname [name_u]Jackie[/name_u]. We also call him [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m], Jackienoodle, and Jackiedoodle. We also have a Sir [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] the 13th nn [name_u]Nicky[/name_u], [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] Starshine nn [name_f]Star[/name_f], [name_m]Prince[/name_m] Macky Padfoot nn Macky, [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] nn [name_m]Arty[/name_m], [name_m]Hercules[/name_m] nn Herky, Might-Make-It-Easy nn Easy, Chief nn Chiefsters, [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] nn [name_u]Luce[/name_u], [name_u]Ash[/name_u] nn Ashers-bunny, and the most creative name of all Meow Meow. Not nearly as elaborate as some of the names I’ve seen here, but wanted to share!

My grey polydactyl kitten has the full name of [name_m]Fitzsimmons[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Antoine[/name_u]. It varies however, with the occasional [name_m]Fitzgerald[/name_m], [name_m]Fitzwilliam[/name_m], [name_m]Fitzhugh[/name_m], or [name_m]Fitzroy[/name_m]. He goes by [name_m]Fitz[/name_m], Fitzi, Fitzsims, and Spooky depending on his mood.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Valentino[/name_m] [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] Shithead [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Jago[/name_m] <lastname>.
I never liked [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], so I added [name_m]Valentino[/name_m], which was ridiculous, and just kept adding to it as a joke.

[name_f]Calico[/name_f] cat, female. Five years old!

Name: Smidge Tinkerbell

When we got our cat from an animal shelter, she was already eight months old. The staff were calling her Tinkerbell- very cute, but not something our whole family agreed on.

The options we discussed were [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Clover[/name_f]. Everyone disagreed on something, so it was an annoyingly long process. In the end, we called her Smidge because of her distinctive face markings- and let’s be honest, there are a lot of feline Smudges around the place!

We kept her animal shelter name as a middle.

We’ve had goldfish called Ponyo, [name_m]Merlin[/name_m], [name_m]Jimmy[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u], [name_f]Carla[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] [name_m]Zeno[/name_m]. Right now I have two fish called [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] and [name_m]Albert[/name_m]- [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] and [name_u]Bertie[/name_u]!

[name_u]Seven[/name_u] cats;

Nausicaa [name_f]Neysa[/name_f] Jiji (black female) Nausicaa after the main character in Nausicaa of the [name_f]Valley[/name_f] of the Wind, [name_f]Neysa[/name_f] after the unicorn in [name_m]Piers[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]'s Apprentice Adept series, Jiji after the cat in [name_f]Kiki[/name_f]'s Delivery Service. We mostly call her Jiji, Ji, Nausicaa-mama, Nausa-mama and Jiji-mama.

And her six children;
[name_m]Kingston[/name_m] [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] Miyazaki (black male) [name_m]Kingston[/name_m] is my brother’s absolute favorite name, [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] for [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] and Miyazaki for Hayao Miyazaki. My mom and I call him Kingly or [name_u]Kingsley[/name_u] on occasion.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] Gamin [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] (black male) [name_m]Silas[/name_m] is the name of the guy who built our house over two hundred years ago, as well as the character from [name_u]Neil[/name_u] Gaiman’s Graveyard Book, Gamin is the name of my mom’s old cat and [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] is after the character from Firefly. He gets called [name_u]Si[/name_u] sometimes, but not often.

Mithril Houdini [name_f]Julia[/name_f] “[name_f]Mimi[/name_f]” (grey tabby female) Mithril is for [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings, Houdini is because she always escaped wherever we put them and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] because they were born in [name_u]July[/name_u]. She is sometimes called Mi, [name_f]Mima[/name_f], Mimaroo and Mimina.

Bramble [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Holland[/name_u] “[name_m]Bram[/name_m]” (grey male) Bramble is a simply an elaboration of [name_m]Bram[/name_m]. My grandmother named him after [name_m]Bram[/name_m] Stoker, [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] is for [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] and [name_u]Holland[/name_u] is another old cat. We call him Brammy, Brambi, [name_m]Bram[/name_m]-[name_m]Bram[/name_m] and Brambaroo.

McAndrew Gallifrey Meriadoc “[name_m]Mack[/name_m]” (grey tabby male) McAndrew is my grandmother’s maiden name, Gallifrey is for my love of [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who and Meriadoc is for [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings. We call him Macky, Macaroon, Macaroni, Mackster, [name_m]Mack[/name_m]-[name_m]Mack[/name_m] and Mackaroo.

[name_m]Pinky[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] Samhain (black male) [name_m]Pinky[/name_m] is because he has gross little extra toes, [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] for T S [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and Samhain for the Celtic holiday. We call him [name_f]Pink[/name_f], Pinks and [name_m]Pinky[/name_m] Paws.

I also have a poodle, [name_m]Pippin[/name_m] (no middle name) and a lot of chickens. Also cows Honeysuckle “[name_f]Honey[/name_f]” and Lantana “[name_m]Tanny[/name_m]”.

Quarter pony: Zeddicus Zu’l Zorander after a character from a book series.
We just call him Zedd. His name was Trigger, but first of all that’s not a name I’d name anything, second most horse people know a Trigger or two.

Mine’s a black lab and his official full name is

[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] Leantos von Wiesengrund

Though we actually call him Balto

Our dog: a Rhodesian Ridgeback is named Figaro Milhouse, Figgy and [name_f]Fig[/name_f] for short.

Our dog’s name is Dyester.My late father gave the name.

Our neighbors call him Bogs, I am not sure why. Lol.

My cat is [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] [name_m]Nigel[/name_m] and my dog is [name_f]Darcie[/name_f] [name_f]Nola[/name_f].

I only have two pets.
[name_u]Marty[/name_u] McFly, a lizard, and Butterbean, a chihuahua mix. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Marty[/name_u]'s name just came to me and stuck.
I originally wanted to name Butterbean [name_m]Casper[/name_m] because she’s solid black except for two white toes and a white splotch on her chest. I thought it was cutely ironic. But then my mom mentioned Butterbean and everyone fell in love with it, haha.
If I ever get a brother for Butterbean, his name will totally be Hamhock so I can call them [name_m]Ham[/name_m] and Beans.

We’ve been through a number of pets over the years, but the dog we’ve had for a while now is named [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_u]America[/name_u] (you can tell I’m a mom of boys). He goes by [name_u]America[/name_u] and the nickname [name_f]Meri[/name_f].

I’m going to list my current pets, as well as some that have recently passed on. The dogs live with my mom, and the cats live with me.

Boxer #1 - Muff. My step-dad named him this, but I usually call him Muffin.
Boxer #2 - [name_m]Junior[/name_m]. He was Muff’s brother, but he looked just like their dad. (deceased)
Pomeranian/Chihuahua - [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u]. He’s very stuck up like the character from the Big Bang [name_m]Theory[/name_m]. I call him [name_u]Shelly[/name_u], [name_u]Shelly[/name_u] [name_m]Bean[/name_m], and sometimes [name_m]Bean[/name_m] for short.
Pittie - Peanut. No idea why he has this name, aside from being brown in color.
Shorthair [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] #1 - [name_f]Kitty[/name_f]. I got her when I was 4 years old, and her original name was Cutie Pie Sweetie Pie (I was clearly GREAT at names). My mom decided to call her [name_f]Kitty[/name_f], and that’s the only name she would answer to. (deceased)
Shorthair [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] #2 - [name_m]Little[/name_m]. My brother wanted to name him Scooby Doo, but my mom nixed that idea. My brother’s nick name was [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_m]Man[/name_m], so he decided to name the cat the same thing. This eventually got shortened to [name_m]Little[/name_m]. (deceased)
Shorthair [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] #3 - [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. She doesn’t really meow, but she will “miiiii” at people. So she became [name_f]Mia[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f].
[name_m]Black[/name_m] shorthair - [name_m]Kelso[/name_m]. My husband found her outside as a kitten when he was young, and he named her [name_m]Kelso[/name_m] after the character from That 70s Show.
Tortoiseshell kitty - [name_f]Callie[/name_f]. I was obsessed with [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy, and I loved the name [name_f]Calliope[/name_f].
Robo dwarf hamster - [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m]. I love science, so I naturally gave my dwarf hamster a huge science-y name. I don’t think I ever called him by his “real” name. I called him Hammy and [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] most of the time. (deceased)
Veil tail betta - [name_m]Darwin[/name_m]. [name_m]Science[/name_m] nerd at heart, so he was aptly named after [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m]. I would call him [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] or [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] most of the time. (deceased)

Eventually, my husband and I are planning on getting a bull dog if possible. If it’s a male, we’d love to name him [name_m]Winston[/name_m] (think of [name_m]Winston[/name_m] [name_m]Churchill[/name_m], lol). He can go by [name_f]Winnie[/name_f].