What is your profession and your top 3 hobbies?

I’ve always wondered if people who are name nerds have similar careers and/or hobbies. It would make sense to me that people who are into literature would be drawn to baby names since it has to do with words and the flow of them - it’s like poetry.
So…what is your profession and your top 3 hobbies (besides baby names)?

My profession: Librarian

My hobbies: [name_m]Reading[/name_m] - especially classic literature of all forms
Writing - especially poetry & songs
Running

1 Like

I study Political science and history in Athens Univercity. I dream of be in a embassy someday.

My top 3 hobbies are:

• reading poetry (especially old poets such us [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] [name_m]Allan[/name_m] [name_u]Poe[/name_u] etc)
  • watching soccer & formula 1.
  • movies & series.

*Hobbies that Iam going to take next year:

• learning [name_m]French[/name_m] or Italian (I havent decide which yet)
  • learning to play piano.

I currently work in a bakery/cafe, but it’s only because I can’t get something in my field yet. I’d ideally like to be a novelist and/or the owner/president/CEO? of a non-profit organization that works to encourage all sorts of people in all sorts of ways.

[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] hobbies:

I’m not sure I can pick just three. If writing doesn’t count, since I’m aspiring to be a novelist, I guess I would say reading, playing the piano, TV (although it’s much less of a hobby now as it used to be…), and oil painting. I also like bicycling, badminton, volleyball, being with kids, and learning languages (I’m doing semi-well with [name_m]French[/name_m] and Portuguese atm). Top three hobbies are probably writing, languages, and piano right now, though. If watching television doesn’t qualify as a hobby. Which it probably shouldn’t, haha.

Special Education teacher

1. [name_m]Reading[/name_m]
  2. Photography
  3. Video games

I’m studying a degree in communications majoring in social and political sciences right now and I plan on doing a postgrad diploma in journalism after I finish my bachelor’s.

My three biggest hobbies are

1. Acting (I was actually accepted into an acting school here in [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] straight out of high school but decided I didn’t want to pursue it right away. I just act in my film student friends’ stuff nowadays).
  2. Writing - as in fiction. It seems you are right about people who are interested in literature liking names. I joined up to look for names for characters originally.
  3. Does binge watching netflix count as a hobby?

I’m currently studying for a diploma in Journalism right now and torn between whether or not I want to go back to college after I finish to take business studies or cosmetology - I’m interested in Public Relations and working for a fashion magazine/as a columnist in health and beauty, so I’m unsure if I want to go back or just go with what I have.

As for hobbies,

1. Binge watching just about everything. I’ll pick a favourite actor and then marathon watch several of their films at one time. Or Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]. Right now it’s [name_u]Chris[/name_u] [name_m]Pine[/name_m] though - it’s sort of a fun way to discover new favourite films and to watch my favourite actors branch out of typical roles I’ve watched them in. I originally started liking [name_u]Chris[/name_u] [name_m]Pine[/name_m] because of The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] Diaries 2 and [name_m]Just[/name_m] My [name_m]Luck[/name_m] when I was younger, and now I’ve watched him play everything from an awkward, blind twenty-two year old (Blind Dating), to a [name_u]Neo[/name_u]-Nazi redneck (Smokin’ Aces), to [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] ([name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]: [name_f]Shadow[/name_f] Recruit), to an absolute self-absorbed a** who rediscovers himself (People Like Us). I’ve done the same with [name_m]Allen[/name_m] Leech, [name_m]Jack[/name_m] O’[name_m]Connell[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] Cavill, [name_u]Reese[/name_u] Witherspoon, [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_m]Stone[/name_m], and [name_f]Keira[/name_f] Knightley.

2. Make-up. I’ve only recently gotten into this, but I find that trying out new brands, styles and types of make-up is actually really fun sometimes. There’s something artistic about it all. I love it. Lately I’ve gotten really into [name_f]Sephora[/name_f] and the make-up sets they sell, my mum was asking repeatedly what I’d like for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], and I basically just made a wishlist on the [name_f]Sephora[/name_f] site and printed it off for her. I love the vintage look in particular.

3. Cooking - I love cooking a wide variety of things, really. From baking a cake to cooking up a stir-fry. I like to experiment with recipes and try new things, sometimes. I think the coolest recipe I’ve ever tested was [name_f]Nigella[/name_f] [name_m]Lawson[/name_m]'s recipe for Chocolate Guinness Cake - absolutely phenomenal. My specialties seem to be stir-fry and pulled pork though. I’m looking to attempt a garlic focaccia bread one day.

I just graduated college back in [name_f]May[/name_f] with a bachelor of science in Biology and I’d like to get into a career either teaching children about the environment or research. Right now until I can find a job in my field I’m working at a children’s store that runs birthday parties as well.

My hobbies include:

1. [name_m]Science[/name_m], I still keep up with different scientific endeavors and read research articles all the time.
  2. Playing [name_m]Sims[/name_m]- this is the one game that has always calmed me down and has always been a good stress reliever
  3. Spending time with friends/family- I know this sounds like a lame hobby but honestly its something that’s really important to me and I spend a lot of my off time making sure I’m not neglecting any of my relationships around me.

I’m an Education Assistant for 5 and 6 year olds.

These three are really my only hobbies:

• Baking sweets, especially new recipes like slices, biscuits and cheesecakes
  • Sewing and selling my items; I make baby items to sell at markets
  • Binge watching TV series, we’ve just finished The [name_m]Flash[/name_m] and are starting [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] soon :slight_smile:

I’m currently studying [name_m]History[/name_m] (which I love) but I’m torn between switching my major to either Journalism or Film and [name_f]Media[/name_f] studies within the span of the next couple of years or staying on [name_m]History[/name_m] and pursue a PhD and later a postdoc.

Hobbies:
– [name_m]History[/name_m] (well, duh). And I’m especially enthusiastic about the history of various monarchies.
– Politics. I’m active in several political youth organisations and it’s the best. I really don’t understand why this subject is so tiring to many people (and if I was living anywhere else than in Denmark, I would study Political [name_m]Science[/name_m] in a heartbeat).
– Films. I love films. I don’t think I need to elaborate further.

Oh this is fun! I am an x-ray tech with the coolest schedule; I work Sat & [name_f]Sun[/name_f] overnights 7 pm to 7am and that’s it! The pay is almost equal to working 40 hours a week which is awesome and has been extremely helpful with going back to school. (Not to mention super helpful for staying home with little ones in the future!)

My hobbies include reading, yoga, and movies/binge watching tv shows with my hubby.

I graduated last year in Communications, majoring Public Relations, with no real career yet thanks to my severe depression and… bad luck, I guess? Currently working on sales. I still want to go back to school to pursue a degree in Intercultural Communications, probably double with Management or International Relations (still not sure). I also consider taking a class in Fashion Business. I want to work in either brand management, campaigns for various social issues with an international NGO or owning my own business in fashion. As you can see I am still undecided on many things… ._.

Hobbies:

1. [name_m]Reading[/name_m], reading, reading. I read a lot.
  2. Drawing. I feel bad mentioning this because I rarely do it, but when I do, I truly love it. I drew my own profile picture, haha.
  3. Discussing and debating various topic with my friends. I know this doesn’t sound like a hobby, but I spend a considerable amount of time for this either with my penpals or real life friends.

I’m currently a GCSE student and am studying [name_m]History[/name_m], Religious Studies, [name_m]French[/name_m] and Business Studies (as well as the compulsory subjects - Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics & Biology). I plan to be a journalist when I complete my education and at sixth form next year I want to study [name_m]History[/name_m], Sociology and [name_f]Media[/name_f] Studies or English Language, Sociology and [name_f]Media[/name_f] Studies (depending on which school I end up at as the history department in one of them is better than the other).

My top three hobbies are (aside from names):

1. Photography - I’ve always liked taking photos though only really started to take photography up as a hobby when I first got Instagram.
  2. [name_u]Royal[/name_u] watching - I’m not at all obsessed with royalty :wink: My favourite royal families are the Dutch, Swedish and British. I really like living in a country with a monarchy.
  3. Blogging - I have a photography blog and a names blog (link in signature). I only blog when I have free time and I really like doing it. It’s also helpful for my future profession.

Neonatologist

Hobbies: [name_m]Reading[/name_m], Writing, [name_u]Piano[/name_u], Singing… But mostly babysitting [name_m]Lucien[/name_m].