What is your thoughts......

My husband and I are stuck on the name [name]Grayson[/name] for our son due in 10 weeks. [name]Jaymes[/name] is the only middle name that has stuck…but I would love any suggestions on new middle names and what you think of [name]Grayson[/name] for a boy!!

I love the name [name]Grayson[/name] for a boy! My husband and I lliked it a lot too, but we would’ve spelled it [name]Greyson[/name]. Regardless of the spelling, it’s a great name. [name]Grayson[/name] [name]James[/name] sounds good to me. Other suggestions:
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Cade[/name]/[name]Kade[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Avery[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]/[name]Reece[/name]

[name]Grayson[/name] sounds a little trendy and effeminate to me, but it certainly isn’t what I would consider a bad name. If you love it, then that is all that matters :slight_smile:

[name]Grayson[/name] [name]James[/name] is cute, but I don’t care for the [name]Jaymes[/name] spelling? Is there a reason for it?

[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Blake[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Booth[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Bryce[/name]

I really like those, too!

[name]Grayson[/name] isn’t my style, but I can see its appeal. It’s sadly been hijacked by girls though, and I’ve seen yooneek spellings like Graycyn, Graycin, etc., which may or may not be an issue for you.

I love [name]James[/name], but spelled [name]James[/name], unless [name]Jaymes[/name] is a family name for you. ([name]Grayson[/name] [name]James[/name] has a lot of long A sound, though…)

[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name]

If you’re not set on [name]Grayson[/name], you may also like:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name])
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Lawson[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

After looking up my name lists from 2007 - 2009 I have found only one “G” name there and the name was [name]George[/name].

I am sorry but the [name]Gray[/name] part puts me off liking [name]Grayson[/name].

One of my favourites is [name]James[/name]. If you like the nn of [name]Jay[/name] there is no need to put a ‘y’ in [name]James[/name]’ name though.

Suggestions

[name]Hunter[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Grant[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Callum[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Owen[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Brandon[/name]
[name]Sean[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jamison[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Preston[/name] [name]Carter[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]

I can’t really think of [name]Grayson[/name] as having a gender, since it’s not one of the last-to-first names I’m particularly familiar with. I wouldn’t pair it with [name]Avery[/name], [name]Reece[/name] or [name]Blake[/name] for that reason.

I would spell it [name]Grayson[/name], as I spell gray the American way. Speaking of gray, I actually like the idea of [name]Gray[/name] as a nickname.

I hate alliteration and rhyme, but I have no problem with the same sound in the middle. Again, why [name]Jaymes[/name]? What do you like about that name, and particularly the spelling?

[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Jeremy[/name]?

Thank you for all your thoughts. My husbands name is [name]Jay[/name]…so that is why [name]Jaymes[/name] and my dad’s name is [name]James[/name]. I like [name]James[/name] much better than [name]Jaymes[/name] myself!! There is so much to think about. I am also liking [name]Greyson[/name] a little better than [name]Grayson[/name].
I would love for more suggestions…

Unfortunately, [name]Grayson[/name] is rather trendy and bound to feel dated by the time he is an adult. It’s also being used by girls, and you can’t help but notice how the beginning sounds like [name]Grace[/name].

[name]James[/name] is a great name, and I would strongly encourage you to spell it this way. I think it still honors [name]Jay[/name] well.

I love a lot of the suggestions you’ve already gotten, especially [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestions of [name]Jameson[/name], [name]Graham[/name], and [name]Sullivan[/name].

I also think [name]Jameson[/name] is great for you as a first name because it honors Dad and Grandpa right up there in front, but sounds a lot like [name]Grayson[/name] which makes me think you might really enjoy the sound of it. Like [name]Grayson[/name], it has a stylish appeal in that it is a surname name, but it also has a vintage charm that grounds it and keeps it from feeling trendy.

My suggestion for a full name would be [name]Jameson[/name] [name]Gray[/name]. You could still call him [name]Gray[/name] (if that is the nn you intended, which I think is an awesome nn by the way) to distinguish him from Dad, but he would have more formal full name to fall back on.

[name]Jameson[/name] [name]Gray[/name] is FANTASTIC!