What made you smile today? 😊

[name_f]My[/name_f] son woke up before me this morning and looked refreshed! We had good news yesterday which seems to have done him a lot of good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] SO practicing his Icelandic pronunciation :heart: He can now understand basic conversations (like the ones I have with our children), but speaking it is still difficult for him. And hearing him practice it is sweet, but also a tiny bit funny :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband is just like this while trying to speak Irish and Gaelic! It is pretty funny.

6 Likes

I feel sorry for my SO sometimes, he already speaks three different languages with his own family and now he has to learn Icelandic as well :sweat_smile: But he didn’t really have a choice, because it would be very impractical if our children and I spoke a language half of the time that he doesn’t even understand.

5 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] SO and I are having a “date night” this evening. We can’t actually go out because of COVID regulations, but my brother is looking after the children and we’re getting a take-away. It’s the first time since the twins were born, and even longer, that we’re actually having some time to ourselves.

7 Likes

I found a recipe in the kitchen with a calorie and fat breakdown - it was for the sugar-vinegar water stuff my husband made to nab the fruit flies. Apparently even doomed insects need to watch their weight.

4 Likes

I babysit for a [name_m]German[/name_m] family and the kids like to pull out [name_m]German[/name_m] children books and have me read them aloud because I butcher the language so horribly. They just roll around on the floor laughing madly at my mispronunciations.

They’re sweet :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

That’s brilliant. Hjörtur finds my SO’s attempts to speak Icelandic hilarious sometimes, it’s a good thing my SO doesn’t mind it. On the other hand Hjörtur also helps him when he doesn’t know something and lends him his books to read so he can practice, so that’s rather sweet.

9 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] kids (Students, I call them my kids all the time, people get really confused) getting so excited about our play next week! Were doing [name_f]Annie[/name_f]! And one little boy gave me the sweetest card saying goodbye until the next term. :heart:

6 Likes

More plants planted and mulch pile moved. Garden beauty.

3 Likes

Yesterday I took this photo and I was really happy with how it turned out:

10 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] twin sister has announced that she is 5 months pregnant with a baby boy! Her third child and first boy! (she has asked me for name advice which I am very happy about of course so you may see some polls and such soon!)

7 Likes

Your yellow flowers brighten my day as well!

1 Like